PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: why are raikasobracs so cheap?

gryphonvii
Dec 3, 2007, 10:05 PM
I was looking for some more double sabers and decided to check prices on this item and found a bunch of boards for less than 100k, bought two,( I like the look and high pp). Are they so common that they are cheaper than crimsons?

Bman40
Dec 3, 2007, 10:06 PM
they are crap thats y

Parn
Dec 3, 2007, 10:09 PM
They drop frequently enough that they've become relatively common, due to the popularity of White Beast S, which is what's being spammed by players.

MrNomad
Dec 3, 2007, 10:32 PM
they're basically weaker crea doubles that are easier to find because the new missions still have some sparkle to them

Turambar
Dec 3, 2007, 10:33 PM
Its the same reason why Deathics are so cheap. Rozen was spammed to death when it first came out as well.

Agnostic187
Dec 3, 2007, 10:42 PM
Heh, no. It's because all kubara and Neudaiz double sabers are trash.

Gryffin
Dec 3, 2007, 10:46 PM
Mmm, candy.

Kerschweiser
Dec 3, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-12-03 19:42, Agnostic187 wrote:

Kubara imitation of a Neudaiz Double Saber = epic fail.

HalfDarShadow
Dec 3, 2007, 10:52 PM
actually some kubara/neudaiz weapons are better.

there not trash at all.

neudaiz weps have a veey high PP more than motoab and parum. parum i guess youh could say is neutral, and motoab is about ATA.

so dont say there trash.

just because you MAY suck at those type of weapons or had a bad seinario with them or just to good, dosnt mean youh have to say there crap.
there not.

im not trying to be mean or anything. so sorry if i offended any1.

anywho

some weapons are now common at the moment lol
so thats why there cheaper.

like sweetdeaths 4 example. they were about 1 to 2mil and now there worth 500K

if the doublesabers werent as common then they wouldve been more expensive

so yea....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HalfDarShadow on 2007-12-03 19:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HalfDarShadow on 2007-12-03 19:55 ]</font>

Kerschweiser
Dec 3, 2007, 11:01 PM
On 2007-12-03 19:52, HalfDarShadow wrote:
just because you MAY suck at those type of weapons or had a bad seinario with them or just to good, dosnt mean youh have to say there crap.
there not.

Calling you on this. How does the mechanics of using a moatoob, parum, neudaiz or kubara weapon change within the same class? A double saber from parum hits the same way a neudaiz one does. The PAs still have the same animations and striking range/# of targets. The only thing that changes is the numbers. PP in the weapon, damage dealt and accuracy.

Bman40
Dec 3, 2007, 11:01 PM

crea double and carriguine racar are good

HalfDarShadow
Dec 3, 2007, 11:07 PM
lol sorry wrote it wrong. lol^^
your right.

my point was tho is that there not as bad as some people think they are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pandatummy.gif

Parn
Dec 3, 2007, 11:08 PM
Use whatever you want, really. You plow through monsters so fast anymore that doing 2200 damage instead of 2400 per hit has become irrelevant.

Nai_Calus
Dec 3, 2007, 11:09 PM
It's so cute to see people try to justify their garbage weapons. Hint: A Crea Doubles has good PP AND doesn't suck like a cheap french hooker. Further hint: It's not that hard to get them.

I have a Raikasobrac board and it's not worth the utter waste of mats to make it. >_>

I do a lot of random partying, and I have yet to see anyone use one. Seen a Raikasobra or two, but that's it. Pretty much all Crea Doubles and GRM A-ranks. Never once seen a Yohmei A-rank for that matter, heh.

So the consensus of me, the entirety of this forum, and every JP version Fighgunner I've ever played with would seem to be that Raikasobrac == Piece of crap. But nice try.

HalfDarShadow
Dec 3, 2007, 11:13 PM
haha

hava point there Ian

darthplagis
Dec 3, 2007, 11:14 PM
some people myself included actally prefer the look of yohmei dubz compared to the oars with lights on that GRM peddles.

beside that the PP stat of the kubara and yohmei greater out weighs the slight loss in atp.

also crea dbz and carriguine rucar are actually longer than other dubz so they ctually hit things B4 they get within clubbing range of your head............ unlike GRM dbz which kinda attract fists/claws to your noggin with thier tiny range (i do think its funny that GRM dubz are kinda the new PSO wand, you remember how you used 2 do mele atks with them right. LOL)

but back to the point as said B4 the sheer drop rate of them forces the price down, so we can buy them from level spammers at cheaper prices......... now if only it was that way with those damn yamata misaki.

Mystil
Dec 3, 2007, 11:53 PM
Selling mine for 1mil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Generally Kubara versions should be cheaper because they are inferior to thier counterparts. High PP but sucks in everything else in comparison. Might as well say its for people who can't afford the real thing, or find it.

Pentence
Dec 4, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-12-03 20:53, Mystil wrote:
Selling mine for 1mil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Generally Kubara versions should be cheaper because they are inferior to thier counterparts. High PP but sucks in everything else in comparison. Might as well say its for people who can't afford the real thing, or find it.

Actualy you are correct the NPC even has a lower sellback rpice for the kubara weapons.

Also the NPC price of the raikasobrac is only 135000.So it is hardly worth a mil.

Other 10* S ranks will be able to be bought from NPC for like 270000,before all the content is released in AoI.

Libram
Dec 4, 2007, 12:16 AM
What about grinding? I've always heard that Yohmei and Kubara weapons are unparalleled when they're grinded.

Shishi-O
Dec 4, 2007, 12:23 AM

carriguine-rucar= kubara, crea doubles = kubara.

how bout that dblsbr sux balls, i keep dethics, cus they have high percentages and make excellent mag food

Aviendha
Dec 4, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-12-03 20:09, Ian-KunX wrote:
It's so cute to see people try to justify their garbage weapons. Hint: A Crea Doubles has good PP AND doesn't suck like a cheap french hooker. Further hint: It's not that hard to get them.

I have a Raikasobrac board and it's not worth the utter waste of mats to make it. >_>

I do a lot of random partying, and I have yet to see anyone use one. Seen a Raikasobra or two, but that's it. Pretty much all Crea Doubles and GRM A-ranks. Never once seen a Yohmei A-rank for that matter, heh.

So the consensus of me, the entirety of this forum, and every JP version Fighgunner I've ever played with would seem to be that Raikasobrac == Piece of crap. But nice try.

I think its cute when people try to justify their "good" weapons. On a Caseal FI 15, lvl 120, Raikasobrac+4 does 6% less damage than Crea Doubles+4 in exchange for gaining 54 PP. And, given how incredibly easy Raikasobracs are to get, its easier to get a good elemental %, which would easily make up for the damage difference.

Obviously the entirety of this forum doesn't agree with you, since you're arguing with someone. Oh, yeah, the JP version players are such fucking pros, every one of them, their opinion is law. If only we could be half as amazing as they all are. I once saw a really good FI from the US, but I'm pretty sure his dad is Japanese.

DraginHikari
Dec 4, 2007, 12:42 AM
The biggest issue I have with Yohemi Doublesabers as a Figunner is simply due to the nature of Yohmei weapons: High PP, low ATP and ATA on a weapon that already has already pretty low ATP and ATA

But I havne't use the Yohmei type enough to get a clear idea on the difference in the long run.

Kerschweiser
Dec 4, 2007, 12:45 AM
When I typed 'epic fail' I only meant it in reference to the logic in the post before mine. I personally use a Raikasobrac over my Nightwalkers. Evenly ground and comparable %s of the same element, the Rai, though has less ATP, is doing consistantly more damage than my NW. The difference is barely noticable, but the metric butt-load of PP and change of looks makes the choice easy.

Nai_Calus
Dec 4, 2007, 01:21 AM
On 2007-12-03 21:28, Aviendha wrote:
I think its cute when people try to justify their "good" weapons. On a Caseal FI 15, lvl 120, Raikasobrac+4 does 6% less damage than Crea Doubles+4 in exchange for gaining 54 PP. And, given how incredibly easy Raikasobracs are to get, its easier to get a good elemental %, which would easily make up for the damage difference.

And perhaps on a caseal the 26 less ATA Raikasobrac has than Crea Doubles isn't a Big Deal. Most races, you'll notice it, and the Crea will do even more damage thanks to hitting more. *patpat*

I'll ignore your racism. And duhshit, I use the JP players as an example because that's who I fucking play with because I play on the goddamned Japanese version. Hurrrrr.

Phantomface
Dec 4, 2007, 01:46 AM
*peeks head into flame war*

I think it's really a matter of opinon, jeez guys, can't ya just let someone like somthing?

(IMO raikasobrac looks awesome and has a CRAPLOAD of PP when grinded, despite its low ATP)

Sekani
Dec 4, 2007, 04:18 AM
On 2007-12-03 22:21, Ian-KunX wrote:
And perhaps on a caseal the 26 less ATA Raikasobrac has than Crea Doubles isn't a Big Deal. Most races, you'll notice it, and the Crea will do even more damage thanks to hitting more. *patpat*

Do you seriously think that a whopping 26 ATA matters to anyone but the nerdiest elitists? You'd probably need a log parser to tell the difference.

EvilSlacker
Dec 4, 2007, 11:10 AM
i hate elitist bastards. use what you want. choice is good. the game is so much better with options and new items, rather than the usual suspects trying to horde the same weapons for inflated value. poor item whores. bet that whole economy readjustment thing is just killing you. meseta = peso. welcome to nafta bitches

Nai_Calus
Dec 4, 2007, 12:30 PM
Too bad I don't play on your crappy fucked-up economy version, huh? Sorry, I play a version where I can go out and buy a nice S-rank with decent % for 2 million.

And yeah, choice is good, but not when the choices are between something that sucks and something that's good.

And oh yes, on a Double Saber, you'd better believe I notice an ATA difference of that much. It's not a high-ATA weapon to begin with, FFS. I notice this on a newman who doesn't have fucktastic personal ATA to begin with. Sure, it's only a few misses, but it adds up, especially when just about anything else has better ATP.

Look, more ATA + More ATP == Less PP used, since you did more damage in the first place. The PP difference doesn't make up for the ATP and ATA loss. Well, great, I can do Tornado Dance what, one more time? Well, that's nice, except I wouldn't have needed that one more time with a better weapon. Actually, I probably wouldn't have needed it at all since, shock, I don't fucking Tornado Dance everything in the level like a n00b and only ever really run out if it's a map with a fsckload of big mobs, or I'm using it on a boss. And guess what? Photon Charges are cheap and something you should be carrying anyway.

Honestly, I see no reason to use an inferior weapon when a superior one can be obtained quite easily. (And on my version cheaply.) Seriously, the drop rate for the Crea Doubles board has gone up quite a bit and it's a lot easier to find now. The Relics Edges might take a bit longer but those come too and you can hunt a Psycho Wand for money at the same time.

It's not 'elitism', it's common sense.

Authenticate
Dec 4, 2007, 02:06 PM
I wish I could cuss and have a Backstreet Boy in my sig. Then I'd be cool enough to play with the JPs, too. Maybe someday...

Use what ya like, stuff dies fast enough as is.

AxelgearVII
Dec 4, 2007, 03:07 PM
Oh, yeah, the JP version players are such fucking pros, every one of them, their opinion is law. If only we could be half as amazing as they all are. I once saw a really good FI from the US, but I'm pretty sure his dad is Japanese.

Finally, a quote worth sigging.

Jaspaller
Dec 4, 2007, 03:14 PM
Obviously the entirety of this forum doesn't agree with you, since you're arguing with someone. Oh, yeah, the JP version players are such fucking pros, every one of them, their opinion is law. If only we could be half as amazing as they all are. I once saw a really good FI from the US, but I'm pretty sure his dad is Japanese.

Best thing I've heard all day.

omegapirate2k
Dec 4, 2007, 03:14 PM

Why are you so anal about stats when you play a newman fighgunner?

Esufer
Dec 4, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-12-04 09:30, Ian-KunX wrote:
Look, more ATA + More ATP == Less PP used, since you did more damage in the first place. The PP difference doesn't make up for the ATP and ATA loss. Well, great, I can do Tornado Dance what, one more time? Well, that's nice, except I wouldn't have needed that one more time with a better weapon. Actually, I probably wouldn't have needed it at all since, shock, I don't fucking Tornado Dance everything in the level like a n00b and only ever really run out if it's a map with a fsckload of big mobs, or I'm using it on a boss. And guess what? Photon Charges are cheap and something you should be carrying anyway.

Shouldn't you be playing CAST if that's what you count as good?

beatrixkiddo
Dec 4, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-12-04 12:14, omegapirate2k wrote:

And here is the win post of this thread. Omega beat me to the punch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Palle
Dec 4, 2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.iankunx.net/naisignew5.jpg
Don't you have some clearly superior JP forum you could ruin with your foul attitude and your Nina-Williams-with-a-penis character model?

No one with half a brain would view a post such as your first as having any credibility.

Unless of course you were joking, in which case... you got me.

Retehi
Dec 4, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-12-04 12:21, Owsla_Scarlet wrote:
and your Nina-Williams-with-a-penis character model?

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/lmao.jpg

Mewn
Dec 4, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-12-04 12:21, Owsla_Scarlet wrote:
and your Nina-Williams-with-a-penis character model?

Good sir, you win an internet.

Freshellent
Dec 4, 2007, 03:54 PM
God I fucking hate Tekken.

MrNomad
Dec 4, 2007, 04:26 PM
And now the topic is off focus...

beatrixkiddo
Dec 4, 2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah, not enough whining about Diads.

Deissa
Dec 4, 2007, 04:41 PM
dear topic: shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

Parn
Dec 4, 2007, 05:19 PM
Because he picked newman for its looks instead of its stats.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. OH, OK Ian.

Jaspaller
Dec 4, 2007, 05:20 PM
WHO CARES ABOUT DOUBLESABERS WHEN YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE EVER ELUSIVE PSYCHU WANDUUUUUUUU AND THE VERY HARD TO FIND DIADUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

Mewn
Dec 4, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-12-04 14:20, Jaspaller wrote:
WHO CARES ABOUT DOUBLESABERS WHEN YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE EVER ELUSIVE PSYCHU WANDUUUUUUUU AND THE VERY HARD TO FIND DIADUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

OH GOD IT BEGINS.

Dragwind
Dec 4, 2007, 05:24 PM
Gah, ITS DIADU.

Xaeris
Dec 4, 2007, 05:28 PM

Good game. Just...good game.

KyEmo
Dec 4, 2007, 05:34 PM

I sold a Diad 15 seconds after putting it up >.>

F-Gattaca
Dec 4, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-12-03 19:33, Turambar wrote:
Its the same reason why Deathics are so cheap. Rozen was spammed to death when it first came out as well.

I kept telling Rozen he was going to regret ever leaving his N-field hideout, but nooooo ...

(By the way, I still love my Maggacs. Phbbbbbbt @ Ian-Kun.)

Parn
Dec 4, 2007, 05:39 PM
I use Pitoc for my Resta/Reverser space-elf magic mags. They're 6* Kubara that I've grinded as much as possible. I use them over A rank and S rank space-elf magic mags because they're black/white and have beady red eyes. They look awesome.

You know what's great? Everyone still gets healed fully with every Resta cast, and I never run out of PP because everything dies so fast anyways.

Ryudo
Dec 4, 2007, 07:10 PM
ATP IS EVERYTHING NOTHING ELSE MATTERS BEASTS FOREVER BREAK OUT THE AXE-CHUKS

that's all I see in this thread

gryphonvii
Dec 4, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-12-04 14:34, KyEmo wrote:

sold mine in 5

gryphonvii
Dec 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
On 2007-12-04 14:34, KyEmo wrote:

sold mine in 5

MrBeans
Dec 4, 2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah I don't have the expansion so I have to rely on friends to buy it with my money and drop trade, and I told my friend to go find me an S rank double saber of any element other than light, and he comes back and says that I need to go get the expansion because all of the Raikasobracs are so cheap, so I had him buy me a 46% fire sobrac for 800k since I know I'll be getting the expansion soon and I like photons.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 4, 2007, 08:52 PM
well simply, I'm a beast fighgunner
I need the extra ATA, and the raiksobrac at +4 has 297 atp and 547 PP, while my crea doubles which I got to +7 has 441 atp and 541 PP. I never run out of PP on it anyways if you balance regular attacks with it enough, so crea doubles win IMO, in all regards

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-12-04 17:53 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Dec 4, 2007, 09:22 PM
Ian: you are abrasive.

I might like the extra ATA, too. But that's not why the twins cost so little, it is how common they are.

Try and sell a granarod, laser cannon, or gur neda for more than 20K (less than 1/4 of NPC price). you can't because everyone has enough of them.

Mystil
Dec 4, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-12-03 21:02, Pentence wrote:

On 2007-12-03 20:53, Mystil wrote:

Actualy you are correct the NPC even has a lower sellback rpice for the kubara weapons.

Also the NPC price of the raikasobrac is only 135000.So it is hardly worth a mil.

Other 10* S ranks will be able to be bought from NPC for like 270000,before all the content is released in AoI.

S ranks wont be shop bought online O_o.

And I reduced the price to 150,000 and it sold.

Whee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-12-04 18:35 ]</font>