PDA

View Full Version : Screw the Rattlesnake

DesertGunner
Dec 3, 2007, 10:36 PM
I've decided that it's a waste of my time running that place. The one other person I trust who I run that mission with is hardly ever on anymore.

There also seems to be a glitch with the Magahna. Every time I die and go back to it, its speed increases.

Can anyone confirm where the [B] Killer Elite drops?

Turambar
Dec 3, 2007, 10:37 PM
Not released yet.

DesertGunner
Dec 3, 2007, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking it'll be a boss box drop on Mother Brain S2.

Alamar
Dec 4, 2007, 01:06 AM
i too have been hunting this on and off since it came out. He is will not drop it. His drop rates for both the BB and Rattlesnake are high I guess

DesertGunner
Dec 4, 2007, 06:43 AM
I never did my Blackbull hunting there. Only a fool would do that. The enemies are also a pain in the ass, too. I'm fighting 5 robots that shoot heat-seeking rockets at me, and half the time the rockets can go through walls.

The Magahna is just too much of a pain to solo. It takes me like 40 minutes to get the run done, whether I'm machinegun glitching or using Killer Shot. I prefer Killer Shot since it kills the enemies faster. I did encounter rare Bugges there, but all they dropped were inverter circuits. And no Grinna Bete S's!!!

-Ryuki-
Dec 4, 2007, 07:49 AM
On 2007-12-04 03:43, DesertGunner wrote:
I never did my Blackbull hunting there. Only a fool would do that.

I've had a couple of friends hunt BB at Desert Goliath when word on BB dropping was first out. None of them are fools, so I highly resent that comment.

Remedy
Dec 4, 2007, 07:55 AM
I'd be willing to help you hunt it. I don't use guns. *shrug*

(This assumes that you are on PC/PS2 and aren't as rude to me in-game as you are on the forums.)

DesertGunner
Dec 4, 2007, 07:56 AM
I can understand hunting a Blackbull there before True Darkness. If you hunt a Blackbull there after True Darkness, you're a fool.

jayster
Dec 4, 2007, 09:54 AM
i'v been solooing this mission. Boss is a huge pain though. Maybe one day I'll find my rattlesnake :/

amtalx
Dec 4, 2007, 10:13 AM
ST has made damn sure that fGs will never have nice Rifles. What's up with every S-rank rifle being a f#cking boss box drop?

Cleptomaniac
Dec 4, 2007, 10:52 AM
I hate that mission, too. It's the only place I can get rattlesnake, baret, and orpad / guard, though. I do a few runs everyday. Only thing I have found is sleep / resist.

Nuclearranger
Dec 4, 2007, 10:57 AM
Sega hates rifles....

Golto
Dec 4, 2007, 11:05 AM
Something tells me the 12* rifle killer elite might drop on the Ryucross S2 mission boss box.

pikachief
Dec 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-12-04 03:43, DesertGunner wrote:
I never did my Blackbull hunting there. Only a fool would do that.

tats where my friends found the first made lack bull.

Desert Goliath is very easy, so before True darkness that was the best part if your party knew what they were doing...

just the boss was hard :/

anyways now true darkness is the best and i doubt the killer elite would drop within 3 months at least

Nuclearranger
Dec 4, 2007, 11:33 AM
The Killer Elite hopefully will do more damage than my mechguns because if it doesnt then im going to have a hard time leveling my rifles...

pikachief
Dec 4, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-12-04 08:33, NuclearRanger wrote:
The Killer Elite hopefully will do more damage than my mechguns because if it doesnt then im going to have a hard time leveling my rifles...

in my experience, every single one of my guns out damages my phantom with phantom line soo....

all 9* guns are better than teh black bull XD

IMnotGarbage
Dec 4, 2007, 11:46 AM
Getting a s rank weapon board to drop in the boxes on an old mission is like getting struck by lightning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IMnotGarbage on 2007-12-04 08:46 ]</font>

Turambar
Dec 4, 2007, 11:49 AM
Then I've been struck about 15 times now. (Of course seeing them drop doesn't mean I actually got them, unfortunately)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-12-04 08:49 ]</font>

amtalx
Dec 4, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-12-04 08:33, NuclearRanger wrote:

You really shouldn't be using Machineguns and Rifles in the same situation anyway...

majan
Dec 4, 2007, 12:48 PM
yeah most bosses are rather stingy with the 11* boards.been helping my friend hunt a rikauteri for a while and even without me helping him he does it nonstop and still no board.those 11* boards are elusive.

jayster
Dec 4, 2007, 02:18 PM
machine guns are crazy powerfull now. Even without using the mechgun glitch they're still awsome. I can hit 650's a shot against most normal and medium monsters. But I still like my rifles because they look awsome!

LanVanDam13
Dec 4, 2007, 02:20 PM
i have a question do u solo the stage and if so what r u and how lol i mean the stage is easy as gunner but that damn boss takes way to long

Flwl3ssCowboy
Dec 4, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-12-04 07:52, Cleptomaniac wrote:
I hate that mission, too. It's the only place I can get rattlesnake, baret, and orpad / guard, though. I do a few runs everyday. Only thing I have found is sleep / resist.

At least you'll stay up longer to do more runs. TEE-HEE.

pionear
Dec 4, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-12-04 11:18, jayster wrote:
machine guns are crazy powerfull now. Even without using the mechgun glitch they're still awsome. I can hit 650's a shot against most normal and medium monsters. But I still like my rifles because they look awsome!

And they cause better stat effect as well...

MrBeans
Dec 4, 2007, 06:49 PM
I think that the bulk of the mission is easier as a gunner, although I found it hard to appreciate how much damage came from being on fire till I found that Burn / resist. The boss is actually kind of laughable with a sharp eye and quick use of trimates, and I do the mission as a fortefighter. Turns out that if you are willing to risk massive damage, the second part of majarra will hit his middle even after his rear end falls off. As I said earlier, though, you really need to keep an eye on your health if you try this.

imfanboy
Dec 4, 2007, 06:58 PM
Wanna know the trick to leveling your rifles?

Bring Killer Shot to Grove of Fanatics S2. KS your way through the bots until you get to an elevated place with robots below you.

Then bust out the low-rank rifles and go to town. Pin a bot in a corner and just let autofire take care of the rest.

I got my Virus rifle from 3 to 21 in about two day's worth of soloing Grove S2. Other guns that don't Infect would probably level even faster, provided you had autofire.

On the other hand, why would you WANT to? The only importance rifles had was SE, and the only really valuable SE was Virus or Burn, and nowadays both are pretty much pointless. Stick to Twin Handguns or Crossbows if you want to deal damage. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

DesertGunner
Dec 4, 2007, 08:06 PM
Rifles have the advantage over machineguns on the Magahna. You really have to keep your distance on that sonuvabitch.

Like I said earlier, that glitch has been giving me problems. This one time, it flew straight at me fast than Sonic, and did his ground-pound, which stunned me (I couldn't outrun it). Then as I was stunned he immediately did his sword slash, which killed me in a hit.

For some reason that glitch changes his attack pattern so he is easier to kill.

I'm a LV. 110 Fortegunner (15). I have Killer Shot at 23 and Gravity Shot at 28. I can do about 750 a shot with agtarides on his weak spots, but the problem is I can hardly get enough shots off because he constantly teleports.