PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Underrated Photon Arts

ilovetypemoon
Dec 4, 2007, 01:14 AM
I'm sure some of you out there love a certain Photon Art that's rarely used by others and feel they are too underrated.

For my case, I believe the knuckle PA Bogga Zubba is much too overlooked. If you get past its relatively slow wind-up time, it can be your mini-boss killer. First of all, it hits 2 targets four times totalling up to 8 hits (correct me if I'm wrong) to mini-boss enemies like kamatozes, grass assasins, polavohras, etc. It also knocks them down if you hit it right, preventing them from performing attacks that knock you down like stomps and crushes.

To polavohras in SW S2 I can hit for about 700-750 per hit with out elemental bonus which means it will equal about 5600-6000 with one punch. Remember this is without any elemental advantages.

Another thing I've noticed is that the PA ignores improved defense in certain body parts of bosses like de ragan. I can deal the same amount of damage I do to its neck and head to its tail or body which have improved defense against physical attacks.

Anyone have any other underrated PA's to share?

Zorafim
Dec 4, 2007, 01:20 AM
Something tells me that if I mention a PA that's underrated, it won't be underrated anymore.

hewitt
Dec 4, 2007, 01:27 AM
i agree i like bogga zubba.BUT for alot of people its just not flashy enough lol. i myself get a little tired of it

-Asheth-
Dec 4, 2007, 01:44 AM
Shunbu most people I think hate it its not meant to be a damage dealer but a quick strike counter attack. I think it fits perfect with AT.

Phantomface
Dec 4, 2007, 01:49 AM
Asheth beat me to the point about shunbu XD

I'd have to say in the wake of spinning strike and godly damage, most people have forgotten about good ol' Rising Strike. hey, nice, quick damage with a knockback...I'm not complaining >.>

Pengfishh
Dec 4, 2007, 01:53 AM
Shunbu is neat. It was always my number two to Buten. It will always be number two to Buten.

Tuxedose
Dec 4, 2007, 02:27 AM
Tornado dance is my best friend http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Does ton of damage and if used correctly it wont anoy anyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Also I love it caude its cool to attack the enemies M.Bison style!!

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 4, 2007, 02:29 AM
I second rising strike, good % modifier and quick PA for less the cost of any other saber PA

beatrixkiddo
Dec 4, 2007, 02:35 AM
Bogga Zubba would be nice ONLINE, if it weren't for the network delay which results in hitting the first enemy 4-5 times and nothing else because the first enemy hasn't been launched out of the way yet. But Offline, it's pretty hot.

ilovetypemoon
Dec 4, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-12-03 23:35, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Bogga Zubba would be nice ONLINE, if it weren't for the network delay which results in hitting the first enemy 4-5 times and nothing else because the first enemy hasn't been launched out of the way yet. But Offline, it's pretty hot.

I wouldn't use Bogga Zubba for regular enemies like Vahras and Badiras because you jsut end up missing some and wasting hits most of the time. I pretty much only use it for mini-boss types who have two large targets and tend to be stationary most of the time. It also works great for de ragan and de ragnus. It's one of those situational PA's that end up sucking in one situation but does wonders in another.

-Ryuki-
Dec 4, 2007, 02:46 AM
Hikai
Shunbu
All Twin Claws
Shousen
Dugrega
Moubu
Spinning Break

Just to name a few.

drizzle
Dec 4, 2007, 05:46 AM
Spinning Break underrated? wtf http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pengfishh
Dec 4, 2007, 11:13 AM
Hikai underrated? Maybe I just don't see a lot of folks actually using single Daggers.

Nuclearranger
Dec 4, 2007, 11:47 AM
Spinning strike o.o

addictedtopsu
Dec 4, 2007, 12:10 PM
i can only play offline right now but ive got s-rank on missions with people in my party on the 1st psu game and i have every hunter PA you can buy in the store and you know how if you get s-rank on missions with other characters like leo karen and other hunters on offline mode that you got a partner card thing from in story mode you sometimes get a new PA. well i have 2 of each PA for all hunter weapon and all of the ones that can do 3 hits are over lvl 21 and all of the ones that can do 2 hits are above or close to lvl 11 and all of the ones that only do one hit are all over lvl 15 at least i say none of them are really underrated to me becuase i use all of them often and keep switching between them all on like every couple of missions i do

Kion
Dec 4, 2007, 12:44 PM
Mayalee prism. It's exteemely situational, but the knockback is insanely good. depending on your aim; you can keep multiple large enemies pinned down indefinately.

Tamashi
Dec 4, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-12-03 23:35, beatrixkiddo wrote:

Why is hitting the first enemy 4-5 times bad?

Kylie
Dec 4, 2007, 01:10 PM
Anything that's not the whip PA, slicer PA, majarra, or jabroga. :|

Esufer
Dec 4, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-12-03 23:27, Tuxedose wrote:
Tornado dance is my best friend http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Does ton of damage and if used correctly it wont anoy anyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Also I love it caude its cool to attack the enemies M.Bison style!!

Tornado dance in an underrated PA thread?

This is madness!

Aviendha
Dec 4, 2007, 01:35 PM
On 2007-12-03 23:46, RyukiZero wrote:
Hikai
Shunbu
All Twin Claws
Shousen
Dugrega
Moubu
Spinning Break

Just to name a few.

Rising Strike > Shunbu.
1st and 3rd twin claws are not used for a reason. That reason is that they suck. They're slow and don't have much stun, making them easy to interrupt. Renzan does more damage anyway.
Dugrega is very underrated
Moubu is fairly underrated, which is a shame, since its the best Twin Dagger PA.

Teh_pozzum
Dec 4, 2007, 04:12 PM
... I personally love my barada chamga I'm good with my shotgun and I can finch entire mobs for a while... but my friend usually doesn't get the flinches because of lag and stuff... So the charm make it so they aim for me on his game and are constantly flinching on mine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Also the higher accuracy helps with the flinching.

TheTofuShop
Dec 4, 2007, 07:20 PM
i agree about bogga zubba, i use it strictly for fighting the mini bosses, and it works wonders.

Plus the knuckle timing for Just Attack is so easy. Bogga Zubba with Just attack is so nice.

-Ryuki-
Dec 4, 2007, 07:25 PM
I said Spinning Break, not Spinning Strike. I've seen more people using Gravity Break and Tornado Break than Spinning Break, so I personally find it underrated. I don't see why that's questionable.

And to the fellow who said the 1st and 3rd Twin Claw PA's suck~ You're wrong.

Zorafim
Dec 4, 2007, 07:27 PM
No, no, he's right... At least, Renzan is the best of the three.

-Ryuki-
Dec 4, 2007, 07:38 PM
I don't know Levia. The only PA's I possibly disliked, would probably have to be Shousen and Gravity Break. I guess I fail to see how Bukuu and Rensen sucks, when I've always thought they were pretty awesome.

omegapirate2k
Dec 4, 2007, 07:44 PM
Assault crush, I think the reason I didn't see many people using it is because it's a pain to level.

-Ryuki-
Dec 4, 2007, 07:49 PM
I don't know Levia. The only PA's I possibly disliked, would probably have to be Shousen and Gravity Break. I guess I fail to see how Bukuu and Rensen sucks, when I've always thought they were pretty awesome.

Mystil
Dec 4, 2007, 09:43 PM
Rensan while more powerful of the three, has slow windup, eh... Nevermind I hate repeating myself.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 4, 2007, 09:55 PM
Boma Maga - Not so great at level 1 since it only affects one target at a time, but level 11 or 21 when it can freeze two or three enemies, it can be a VERY convenient means of lockdown. It requires good aim and enemies close together though, and the freezing gets broken too quickly in large parties...

Mayalee Prism - Excellent for keeping worms above ground and wizards on ground. Also pretty good for large crowds of small things, and if used on a koltova in a corner with a techer's rafoie, it's like having your very own BBQ Spit. "Mmm, looks tasty!"

Shousen Totsuzan-ga - I prefer staying ON the ground, thank you very much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rising Strike - I'm an asskicker, not a gymnast. So I use nice, simple moves. (Majarra's the fanciest thing I've got!)

Kanju
Dec 4, 2007, 10:56 PM
Barta.

Xen1
Dec 4, 2007, 11:32 PM
I'm digging Rising Strike http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Pretty sweet little PA. Great knockback too.

Carlo210
Dec 5, 2007, 12:25 AM
Shousen Totsuzan-ga is going to be ruled over as the speedy multi-hit Pa for claws.

QuidProQuo
Dec 5, 2007, 12:42 AM
On 2007-12-04 10:13, Esufer wrote:

On 2007-12-03 23:27, Tuxedose wrote:

Tornado dance in an underrated PA thread?

This is madness!

Madness?
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!![s][/spoiler-box]

That felt good.

Helly
Dec 5, 2007, 01:05 AM
Underrated or underused? I love my charming shotgun pa!

I guess you could say alot of bullet pa's are underrated? Most people seem to stick with fire/dark bullets. So that kinda leaves four other element pa's out in the dust. x.x

Zorafim
Dec 5, 2007, 01:28 AM
I should ask, how is Dus Daggas now? One would think that it's completely useless now that Majarra is out, seeing how it does everything better (Pretty much the only "Ultimate PA" that's actually ultimate...), and daggas never got reballanced.

Carlo210
Dec 5, 2007, 02:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Senten Kanzan-ga is Ultimate, along with Jabroga.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 5, 2007, 02:08 AM
On 2007-12-04 22:28, Zorafim wrote:
I should ask, how is Dus Daggas now? One would think that it's completely useless now that Majarra is out, seeing how it does everything better (Pretty much the only "Ultimate PA" that's actually ultimate...), and daggas never got reballanced.

If you prefer a ground-based stabby-stabby attack that's not all "lol 50 stabs per second!", I'd say use it. To be honest, I only use Majarra because I like riding my lance like it has a propulsion system on it.

Mystil
Dec 5, 2007, 02:10 AM
On 2007-12-04 22:28, Zorafim wrote:

It blows. 929per as opposed to 1100-1200 per with majaraa(and 3000 on last hit).

ATP modifiers after 31 is 1% per lvlup. So at 40 it's 10 more % than 30. Daggas will never be the same.

Pengfishh
Dec 5, 2007, 02:12 AM
Daggas is super easy to JA, however.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 5, 2007, 02:14 AM
So is Majarra if you didn't make a character with a 'gina!

Rainu
Dec 5, 2007, 02:14 AM
On 2007-12-04 19:56, Kanju wrote:
Barta.

Zael
Dec 5, 2007, 02:20 AM
Hikai Shuuha Zan
Shousen Totsuzan-ga
Spinning Strike

Carlo210
Dec 5, 2007, 02:50 AM
Anga Jabroga. I mean, we all know how good it is, but I rarely see anyone use it. Of course, it's a situational PA, but things are so easy and crap right now that I thought I'd be seeing mroe people jumping around and doing 5000 damage JA'd Jabronis. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jakosifer
Dec 5, 2007, 05:28 AM
Hmm...

Moubu Seiren-Zan
Assault Crush (SERIOUSLY shouldn't be as overlooked as it is...)
Hikai Shuuha-Zan (Learn to control it and you're in for a treat)
Shunbu Shoren-Zan

Would say Dus Robado but I have seen people using it more lately.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 5, 2007, 05:37 AM
My friend used Moubu Seiren-Zan on his AF... He says it owns with the speed XD, I'd have to agree too <<;

Dragwind
Dec 5, 2007, 06:35 AM
I'm still a fan of Gravity Dance and Shunbu even though most don't see the potential. Also, I think I may have to change my opinion on Bogga Danga once I mess with its improved state since the update.

ilovetypemoon
Dec 6, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-12-05 03:35, Dragwind wrote:
I'm still a fan of Gravity Dance and Shunbu even though most don't see the potential. Also, I think I may have to change my opinion on Bogga Danga once I mess with its improved state since the update.

Bogga Dange is now an excellent substitute to Bogga Robado. The DPS may not to as good to single targets, but the knockback of the second hit is much quicker than the slow (and weak and often missing) second hit of robado and can save you from harm. The last hit is a little hard to connect fully since the knockback prevents you from connecting the first part of the last hit. This can be solved by cornering enemies, using it on larger monsters, or simply maneuvering around to hit other enemies around you. While I'd say Robado is clearly better for single or a couple enemies, Danga can be utilized in all situations.

P.S. Oh, and who doesn't like flying while showering glittery sparks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilovetypemoon on 2007-12-06 12:16 ]</font>