PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: What class should I be, FKL.

Scrub
Dec 4, 2007, 10:28 AM
I enjoy a lot of shootans, and the guns in PSU look pretty cool so I was thinking maybe Fortegunner.

I like to CATHT A THPELL too so Fortetecher is good. I'm more of a healing/support kind of guy though, rather than a mage, so how does that work out?

Protranser looks cool because it has all the weapons I like(barring Rifle ;_;), but it's about traps or some shit and I was never a big fan of using traps.

MY FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS.

PS Im probably going to be a robot if it matters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scrub on 2007-12-04 07:31 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Dec 4, 2007, 10:36 AM
Guntecher is a nice combo of SHOOTAN and SUPPORTAN. GT's only get A rank rifles but they get S rank bows to make up for it.
Bows and rifles are pretty much the same weapon cept rifles shoot faster and have weaker damage per hit. Bows are stronger but fire slower.
Think of GT's as RAMar's in PSO, fG's are RACast's, and fT's are FOMar's.

Scrub
Dec 4, 2007, 10:40 AM
I don't like Bows. I don't even think that bows should be in a game with guns, that's just silly.

As for the PSO analogy, I played FOnewm. (O_o)/

DizzyDi
Dec 4, 2007, 10:40 AM
Also, as a robutt your teching may kinda suck due to robutts having low MST.
Protransers start off with LOW LOW LOW stats, but as they level they get exponentially better. Protransers can also use the best traps.

As a GT you can still use Rifles you just won't be able to get any of the cool S-ranks.
I'd say FONewm is Acrotecher? (o.O)/

Overall I'd say if you want the best of support spells and guns, pick GT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-12-04 07:43 ]</font>

Scrub
Dec 4, 2007, 10:42 AM
So is playing a robot mage completely unviable, slightly disadvantageous, or majorly disadvantageous?

Also traps are stupid.

Scrub
Dec 4, 2007, 10:44 AM
Double Also, shouldn't you be in school?

DizzyDi
Dec 4, 2007, 10:47 AM
Uhm, well truthfully I don't think buffing spells depend on MST but I know resta does. And GT's don't really use attack spells so I'd say...slightly disadventageous? Your gunnan skills will be the best they could be as a robutt though, so it works out.
Just make sure you get an armor with a head unit and you equip a unit with a +Tech so your resta won't suck balls.

Like I said, based on what you said GT would be your best bet if you like guns and support spells.

DizzyDi
Dec 4, 2007, 10:48 AM
Yes, I am in school. LOL.
I go to a special kinda school where all of our classes are on computers with this program called NovaNet.
I've been done with this class for about 3 weeks but haven't told the teach cause I'ma slacker.

amtalx
Dec 4, 2007, 10:54 AM
If you're a Cast the game makes you be a fG...srsly. True Story.

Anyway, be a fG. We kick ass without having to ruin our manicures. Let someone else get kicked in the face.

ShinMaruku
Dec 4, 2007, 11:06 AM
Nightelf mohawk

Scrub
Dec 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
Maruku, there is no word to accurately describe the vast amount of unreasonable hate I have for you.

ShinMaruku
Dec 4, 2007, 12:06 PM
;o

Nai_Calus
Dec 4, 2007, 01:26 PM
Fighgunner.

Weeaboolits
Dec 4, 2007, 01:37 PM
Scrub, have you tried the EX traps yet? I didn't like traps either until I tried those.

Scrub
Dec 4, 2007, 02:07 PM
I havent played the game in over a year so that'd be no. What's an EX trap?

When I did play, I played a Fighgunner for the Doubleswords, and ended up not liking the character because it was a beast.

Played a Fortetecher too, he was a lot of fun so Im considering making a Cast Fortetecher or something.

VanHalen
Dec 4, 2007, 02:21 PM
EX traps are like an AoE damage trap. When you use Burn trap EX a big part of the area catches fire and inflicts enemies with a burn status effect. Also it continues to damage enemies after its set. Pretty cool stuff.

DizzyDi
Dec 4, 2007, 02:23 PM
EX traps are traps that do lots-o-damage along with cool special effects and status effects.
Like the Burn EX trap creates a huge explosion and continually burns mobs caught in it and even afterwards the mobs are still inflicted with burn which takes a good chunk of damage with every tick.
Guntechers can use traps (I think) but not EX traps, think those are reserved for Protranser. But don't quote me on that. As a fF I know nothing about traps cept from what I see other people do with them.

Weeaboolits
Dec 4, 2007, 03:10 PM
I often deal with Jarbas by dropping three stun traps and letting them be stun-locked by it until the AoE damage takes them out. I think you can only drop them in twos online, but they'll still be ridiculous.

Scrub
Dec 4, 2007, 04:09 PM
Might be a bit before I can play. I don't have a credit card or know anyone who'd let me use theirs.

Fuck I always just buy those little cards for this type of shit.

Weeaboolits
Dec 4, 2007, 04:30 PM
I'm working on getting online too, I have enough money for a couple months, but I still need to think of a way to overcome the physical distance between my router and my PS2. >.>;

Sord
Dec 4, 2007, 04:32 PM
pity you don't have a gun you can shoot healing bullets at your partner, Monster Hunter FTW

Scrub
Dec 4, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-12-04 13:32, Sord wrote:
pity you don't have a gun you can shoot healing bullets at your partner, Monster Hunter FTW

When I want a healing gun I'll boot up Team Fortress 2.

Wyndham
Dec 4, 2007, 04:34 PM
I myself find Fortefighters to be an ok class.

Scrub
Dec 6, 2007, 01:45 AM
Alright so I should be playing in a few days. I could start now, but I'd rather wait until I have my final Psychology paper done before I start playing, so I dont get distracted, haha. Probably Friday, or late Thursday.

It's down to Acrotecher, Fortetecher and Guntecher. I mostly want to do support techs, but i dont know which class would be the best for that. As little melee as possible as well.

Weeaboolits
Dec 6, 2007, 01:50 AM
Acrotecher. It's primarily intended for support and light melee.

Bot-Bot
Dec 6, 2007, 09:53 AM
You should be a Night Elf Mohawk.

amtalx
Dec 6, 2007, 10:36 AM
Noobgunner? Fortetoker?

Sord
Dec 6, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-12-04 13:33, Scrub wrote:

On 2007-12-04 13:32, Sord wrote:

When I want a healing gun I'll boot up Team Fortress 2.

but that's a beam, and I hate beams. Plus there's only life, that's it. No anti-status, buffs, etc. Fine for FPS, but monster hunter isn't one, it's an RPG.

Moo2u
Dec 6, 2007, 05:05 PM
What class should I be, FKL

First class. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 6, 2007, 08:28 PM
The non-mood swing class. I seen your "FU PD" the ":...(" was silent.

Nai_Calus
Dec 7, 2007, 03:35 AM
Fighgunner.