PDA

View Full Version : Ortapolymer

Broodstar1337
Dec 4, 2007, 11:19 AM
Is Cost of Research still the best place to farm Ortapolymer? Any places just as good for farming it without having to grab another person for the run?

pikachief
Dec 4, 2007, 11:25 AM
you can farm ortapolymer? thanks for the info XD

DanMalak
Dec 4, 2007, 11:26 AM
It drops commonly on White Beast S in boss boxes for me.

Nuclearranger
Dec 4, 2007, 11:31 AM
Yes I do have quite a few from white beast S

Broodstar1337
Dec 4, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-12-04 08:26, DanMalak wrote:
It drops commonly on White Beast S in boss boxes for me.

I know, but it's not exactly the most soloable mission out there. I'm trying to farm ortapolymer, not help someone else get it.

Soulvayne
Dec 4, 2007, 11:33 AM
Both of the Temple of Air missions have a chance at dropping ortapolymer. I'd actually say that White Beasts is easier to solo than the first one however.

Ezodagrom
Dec 4, 2007, 12:23 PM
well, cost of research isn't even possible to solo...
I guess white beasts is the best one for ortapolymer

That1Guy
Dec 4, 2007, 01:23 PM
Id say go with White Beasts S, drops from a few boxes there and boss.

JAFO22000
Dec 4, 2007, 01:33 PM
I found there are more boxes that can contain orta-mats on Sacred Stream S, but White Beast S is a good alternative. There are only a few boxes on CoR that can contain orta-mats AND you need two people to get them.

desturel
Dec 4, 2007, 01:36 PM
I'm going to go against everyone else here. Sacred Stream is definitely the best place to farm Ortapolymer/resin at this time. You don't even have to go past the first floor.

On one map there is a group of 8 boxes after a teleport where you have to shoot two buttons. Normally for me 6 boxes have resin/polymer. Every once in a while only 4 of the boxes have resin/polymer, but most of the time I get 6.

On another map there are two boxes on a bridge and then 6 more boxes in a teleport (you have to flip the switch on the bridge to activate the teleport) that can drop polymer (although on this map I get ether acid in the two boxes on the bridge pretty often).

On the third map there's a single button teleport to an enclosed overhang with 6 boxes that can have resin polymer.

What's best is for most map you only have to fight three sets of enemies total to get to the 6/8 boxes. Sure there's more polymer if you run the whole mission, but just running the first couple of rooms takes me 4~6 minutes depending on the map.

I normally run as either level 110 neuman male fortetecher 15 or acrotecher 10. I'm sure a fortefighter/fighgunner/fortegunner/etc could shave a minute or two off of the run.

The only problem is if you are on the Xbox360 server, the Sacred Stream mission seems to have more slow down than White Beast.

If you are only looking to run complete missions, the White Beast is the way to go. Sacred Stream has more resin/polymer, but the drops other than that aren't too great. Shinowa Line and Hirokteri. Everything else is either a 9* neudaiz (Ulteri, Kiujibahoh, Ryo-Bisotore, Aikasoki, etc) item or Hanmateric. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sacred Beast, on the other hand, has mostly 10* drops, but trades Shinowa Line (creature drop) for Serafi-senba (boss box drop). Less polymer, but more money. Also less slowdown on the 360.