MELGRIN
Dec 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
What are your favorites?

Rizen
Dec 4, 2007, 12:08 PM
In before Jabroni post!

Calsetes
Dec 4, 2007, 01:41 PM
Well, I haven't used any ultimate ones yet, but I plan on getting the saber, twin saber, and sword ones for mine. I just really love swords. Anyone have any feedback on how they are? I heard the sword one goes up to like 5x damage or so.

Zorafim
Dec 4, 2007, 02:44 PM
You're talking about Gravity Break? It got a major nerf. If you want to JA it, you have to wait nearly twice as long to do it right. Its damage is huge, but other PAs can outdamage it due to that issue.
As for the other PAs, Spinning Break's damage is unimpressive (5k per PA against a single enemy), and I never liked Tornado Break.

As for frag PAs I would recommend, I would say Jabroga, Majarra, Tornado Dance (maybe absolute dance, we'll see), Bogga Robado, both twin daggers, and Bukuu (single claw), and maybe the new twin claw PA since it's so cheap anyway. These are PAs that either do something different than the store bought PAs, or out do them. I can't really think of any other PAs that you'd miss if you used the store bought PAs.

Calsetes
Dec 4, 2007, 02:58 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. How about (and please let me know if I'm getting these wrong) Spinning Strike and the twin saber one, Splendor Crush? Are they any good? I was just curious as someone told me to try to get Spinning Strike first, since it does tons of damage. And the swords thing, I didn't mean swords as in the big ones, I meant it in the sense as slashing weapons that aren't daggers or claws. And are they planning on coming out with new PA's for the saber, twin saber, or sword? You seem to be in the know, so any info thrown my way would be great.

Zorafim
Dec 4, 2007, 03:10 PM
I never tried the frag PAs for any saber weapons, so I can't comment on them. I've been rather unimpressed with what I've seen, though. Spinning Strike seems to be slow, and Gravity Strike seems to do the same thing anyway. As for Splendor Crush, I can't see it being any better than Assault Crush. The new twin saber PA also seems really slow, so I don't see how it will be practical.

For good saber PAs, I suggest rising strike and crush, gravity strike, and assault crush. The thing about Assault Crush is that it's really hard to level, so in that sense maybe Splendor Crush might be better. Of course, it's best to just use daggers or claws for better damage PAs.

Next update will bring new PAs for twin weapons, claw, slicer, and whip.

Calsetes
Dec 4, 2007, 03:21 PM
Alright, I may have to hold off on getting a PA until after there's some feedback on the new twin saber one. Thanks again.

ShinMaruku
Dec 4, 2007, 03:43 PM
Angora Jabroga. Nariko kills many stuff, she gets hit but still all good.

Mewnie
Dec 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
FF can't use Double Sabers X3

I've always looked at PAs, not just for the damage, but the other effects, such as knockback. Especially in teams.

Tornado Break is very handy for large groups of those swarming little buggers, like Badiras - Although it's handy for other groups too.
I don't use it solo; but in teams, as long as you only use the first two parts, you can keep hitting the critters and they'll focus on you
while the techers and gunners can just blast away.

Single Claw? IMHO, skip the Ult. More flash than substance. Shousen Totsuzan-ga is very effective. And once you get it down, you can strafe with the second part.

Twin Claws I've leveled the first two, but I haven't really gotten too attached to the ult. Of the two, I've been using Renzan Seidan-ga more often lately, as it's more single target focused than the first. If I wanted AoE, I'll use a sword or spear.

Gravity Strike is a good choice, same as Assault Crush :3 Although Rising Strike and Rising Crush are handy to have for control, as they both knock enemies into the air, rather than away.

Renkai Buyou-zan is the twin to Tornado Break; so if you don't want to use swords, this will work too :3 I haven't had a chance to use the others yet.

Buten Shuren-zan is the only dagger PA I've used so far. It's a nice one though. The new ult, Hikai Shuha-zan, looks interesting.. I'm going to have to give it a test drive sometime :3

Spears, I've yet to get the frags for Dus Majarra, so the jury's still out on that one for me. Dus Daggas is a pain in the ass to level, but it's effective once you get it level 21+: it's a focused line attack that can do some damage, while Dus Robado is another AoE attack, albeit a tad slower than Tornado Break.

Axes... :3 Anga Dugrega may seem crappy, but I love it just for the ability to push things around :3 And once you level it up, it does some pretty good damage too. Anga Redda is more 'go nuts on a crowd of critters and watch them fly into the air as you swing wildly' >:3 I've yet to try Jabroga, but word on the street is it's pretty good. Looks like a one part AoE attack. :3

Oh and slicers. I guess you should get one of those, just for their stupidly strong PA X3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mewnie on 2007-12-04 12:51 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Dec 4, 2007, 04:15 PM
Spinning Strike is really good. Yeah it's on the slow side, but the stats are really high. The second part does amazing damage. Great for beating on enemies that run around a lot, since you can freeze 'em with your left hand before getting mean with the right.

Anga Jabroga is REALLY situational. There are a couple places where it's awesome, but 90% of the time I could probably use Dugrega easier to the same overall effect now that it does insane damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-12-04 13:20 ]</font>

MELGRIN
Dec 4, 2007, 06:48 PM
dus majarra is the best ULT PA (skill) in the . the damage is unreal.

Zorafim
Dec 4, 2007, 06:54 PM
Wait, is this topic about which PAs I like the most? Well in that case, going from heaviest to lightest;

Anga Dugrega
Dus Majarra
Renzan
Bukuu (single claw)
Bogga Robado
Rising Strike
Mobou
Botou (First single dagger PA, I've leveled it too quickly to learn its name)
And, the Frag whip PA gets special mention for making the girliest melee weapon manly again.

Swords don't get any mention, because I haven't found a reason to use them. Twin sabers don't get mention because they're my least favorite twin weapon, and I already have too many. Double Sabers don't get mention because the only class that can use them is my least favorite melee class (and their PAs look silly). Slicers don't get mention because I failed an entire board with the synth bonus, making me sour at them.

MELGRIN
Dec 4, 2007, 08:00 PM
ok

Pengfishh
Dec 4, 2007, 09:09 PM
Buten Shuren-zan is the first Dagger PA, Zorafim. My personal favorite also. Gravity Strike for Saber is a lovely, lovely PA that produces wildly large damage very quickly, as well as Moubu Seiren-zan for Twin Daggers which is quick, easy to maneuver, and produces lots of damage over many, many hits (what is it, 4, 3, 3? with knockback on the last hit).

Hrith
Dec 5, 2007, 11:01 AM
If this is about "Ult" PAs, i.e. PAs bought with fragments, then from the ones my FF uses, the order would be:

Senten Kanzan-ga > Bogga Robado > Rensan Senshou-ga > Gravity Break > Dus Majarra > Spinning Strike > Anga Jabroga

Zorafim
Dec 5, 2007, 11:31 AM
That order is really off. It's more like:

Dus Majarra > Anga Jabroga > Bogga Robado > Senten Kanzan-ga > Spinning Strike > Rensan Senshou-ga > Gravity Break.
After the first three, it kind of gets fuzzy which one is more important.

Aviendha
Dec 5, 2007, 04:02 PM
Spinning Strike is the highest single-target damage you can do. Great for Gaozorans, I don't use it on a whole lot else. Majarra is a fantastic PA for nearly any situation. Jabroga is only for big enemies/bosses. If you use it on small/medium enemies in a party, you are annoying your teammates and slowing the party down. Gravity Break is not worth your time. Hishou (ult twin daggers) is a bad Rising Crush. Shousen and Senten are weaker than Gravity Strike/Buten/Hikai and gets to the knockback faster, which is a BAD thing in parties. Splendor Crush is only good on bosses, and FF has Jabroni for that (Majarra is better than Splendor too)

Of the stuff we will probably get on the 14th, the new Single Claw is better, but still meh. New twin claws look pretty solid and only cost 10 frags, who can say no? New Slicer will be good w/o being argued about, new knuckles will be trash.

Hrith
Dec 6, 2007, 12:25 PM
On 2007-12-05 08:31, Zorafim wrote:
That order is really off.rofl
You sure sound like some authority on Fortefighters, hahahaha

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-12-06 09:25, Hrith wrote:

On 2007-12-05 08:31, Zorafim wrote:
That order is really off.rofl
You sure sound like some authority on Fortefighters, hahahaha

You sure sound like the pot calling the kettle black, hahahaha

Everyone's entitles to their opinions and/or unfounded prejudices. I haven't seen a PA yet that's really all that bad if you're willing to work with its strengths and around its shortcomings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-12-06 10:29 ]</font>

ne1first
Dec 6, 2007, 01:40 PM
Jabroga (axe), Majarra (spear) and Hikai (dagger) are the most damaging, hence my favorites.

Also don't be fooled by the BIG NUMBARZ form spinning strike; Even against a single target, the likes of majarra, hikai, or even Assault Crush (non UPA) outdps it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ne1first on 2007-12-06 10:42 ]</font>