PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding weapon palette

Benegesserit
Dec 4, 2007, 01:52 PM
As a beast, why would I need anything more than one setup for melee and another setup for ranged? I don't understand what I'm seeing when people have like 7 weapon combos on their palette. Is it just something people do cause they're bored and want to switch weapons mid-mission?

Anduril
Dec 4, 2007, 01:56 PM
Other classes have a lot of weapons that are situational, so having them on the pallette when the occasion arises is the reason. For example, a Gunner could be using Twin Handguns to tag and add SEs to samll/medium enemies, but when a Large Enemy appears they could pull out a Grenade Launcher to supress it, or they may just have multiple guns with different elemental bullets. Even fighters have different speed, and element weapons for certain situations. Sticking with just a couple of weapons is not using the class to it's full potential.

Turambar
Dec 4, 2007, 01:56 PM
Different PAs, different elements, so you don't get bored from seeing the same animation run after run, etc. The reasons are rather numerous.

That1Guy
Dec 4, 2007, 01:57 PM
Some people do it for leveling all the PA's they have. Sometimes having multiple weapons makes it more fun. Personally I fill mine up, I may not use all of them but if I want to I can.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: That1Guy on 2007-12-04 10:58 ]</font>

Benegesserit
Dec 4, 2007, 02:02 PM
I'm guessing I need one for a wide AOE, single target dps, and ranged damage. Being forced to tag everything seems to defeat strategy since you may be able to pin down a tough enemy, but you have to tag the small frys first or pay the XP consequences.

Since I can't use wands/rods, I guess the only options left are to memorize mission zones and have good element weapons for that zone on hand, but then I could just leave those in my room and save inventory space. With elements not being as powerful anymore, I don't see why it's a big deal. ATP seems to do a lot more for me than a 30+ to an element.