PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Types

Rayokarna
Dec 4, 2007, 05:38 PM
I was looking at the table that class have weapons access to and I notice the table is not exactly full(just enough space for about 2 or 3 more weapons includin the sape Mags, Slicers and Whips take up), do you think we might get some more weapon types?

Pengfishh
Dec 4, 2007, 05:44 PM
Maybe next year in Phantasy Star Universe Episode 4: Illusion of Gammahedron!

HFlowen
Dec 4, 2007, 05:45 PM
I think there's room for one more force weapon.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 4, 2007, 05:49 PM
Gib Sycthes nao.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Dec 4, 2007, 06:10 PM
Casting Glove: Cast faster techs with the right hand, give that to AT and tweek stats and bonuses accordingly.

As for actually getting new types I don't think we'll get anymore unless we get a second expansion.

Rayokarna
Dec 4, 2007, 06:21 PM
It would be nice to see a new weapon for each main stream class(hunter/ranger/force).

Casting Gloves for force

An actual Bazooka that travels in a stright line and explodes on impact. (Casuing splash damage)

A giant hammer/sythe weapon will be kinda cool. (like Asteroth in Soul Calibur)

Just throwing a few out there, dont mind me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Benegesserit
Dec 4, 2007, 06:25 PM
I want some weapons that attach to your legs for some kicking action.

Zorafim
Dec 4, 2007, 06:39 PM
I second the need for kicks.

ShineOnline
Dec 4, 2007, 06:41 PM
Melee: Left hand knify/daggery thing that allows you to link together PA combos. Killer Instinct FTW.

Tech: Two-handed spell book. Different technics cause knock downs or blow away. Kinda like a magic-grenade.

Ranged: Left handed Scorpion's harpoon from Mortal Kombat. Bring enemies closer for melee damage. Good against ranged enemies.

UltimateCarl
Dec 4, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-12-04 15:41, ShineOnline wrote:Ranged: Left handed Scorpion's harpoon from Mortal Kombat. Bring enemies closer for melee damage. Good against ranged enemies.
C'MERE!!!

Kylie
Dec 4, 2007, 06:48 PM
I've noticed this as well, but I honestly don't see a new weapon being released anytime soon, if even ever on this expansion. If PSU does get a third installment, then probably. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mikura
Dec 4, 2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I'm sure this is all the weapon types we'll have for the remainder of AoI's life span. I'll keep holding out for scythes if and when PSU gets a third expansion though.

(I was a DRK in FFXI so this should come as no surprise I guess. xD)

Pengfishh
Dec 4, 2007, 07:32 PM
Scythes = PSO Partisan? That'd be neat.

Zorafim
Dec 4, 2007, 07:35 PM
Actually, I want left handed daggers, to use with sabers. I've always wanted a Vyse look.

And shields.

And one handed lances.

And partisans.

And twin slicers.

And water spells.

What was I saying?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-04 16:48 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Dec 4, 2007, 07:45 PM
How about those photon knifes we see in some cutscenes yet never get to use?

Zorafim
Dec 4, 2007, 07:50 PM
What, the box openers?

Chuck_Norris
Dec 4, 2007, 07:52 PM
Maybe a lobby action that uses it.

Criss
Dec 4, 2007, 07:59 PM
Twin Machineguns, anyone? >.>

F-Gattaca
Dec 4, 2007, 08:04 PM
(Server fart)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-12-04 17:10 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Dec 4, 2007, 08:08 PM
Well, given the Ank Bico is an axe and the Frying Pan is a hammer, I guess certain weapons we'd like to see as their own category might show up in an existing category instead. I imagine a scythe might be an axe or sword.

I'm honestly not sure what I'd want to see as a category. I was thinking "maces," but those are pretty much covered by Sabers.

On the other hand, maybe it IS possible. Flowen saw that there's space for one more one-hand teching weapon. Perhaps a Mace would be a combination of saber and wand that can link a TECHNIC or a Skill, while clubbing with normal attacks. Something like PSO. Who knows.

... wait.

On 2007-12-04 16:59, Criss wrote:

YES

OH LORD YES

MSAksion
Dec 4, 2007, 08:32 PM
Twin mech guns =Q...................

I want more BLUNT ewaponry.

Nunchucks would be one handed but you'd use both hands in the animation. This frees the left hand for a shadoog or madoog.

TONFA knight sticks - either one or two - Sun Ce anyone or Talim anyone?

The Ivy Valentine Sectional extendable Whip sword >_< would be so awesome.

Kusarigama - Japanese Chain and Sickle - Would be the first dual function melee weapon. Right hand knife cutting with a buten something cutting PA - then switch to offhand and spin the weighted grapplin hook chain with an ENTANGLE and REEL IN PA attack.. then switch to the sickle hand and cut cut cut ^_^

3 section bo staff - Think BILLY KANE from Fatal Fury. Would be a photon Bo staff but could also SPLIT (hozekimaru anyone?) into a 3 section chinese nunchuku staff (think Jet Li Fearless final battle) PA would be spinning the bo staff all helicopter style then suddenly the ends pop off and flail around on chains.

Gatling Gun - Stationary as in cannot move but has like 3000 PP. Cept you can't constantly fire due to the barrel overheating. Raising the PA bullet level will increase the barrel temperature gauge to allow for constant barrage. Cannot Aim in FPS mode to be fair.

Rocket launcher - like a Grenade but has to hit enemy directly to explode. Can hit multiple target points. Slow rate of fire. Can be fired in FPS mode.

Twin Whips - nuff said.

ITEM - Hand Grenade - for people who can't use a Grenade launcher you equip this and LOB it as a consumable TRAP style item. Limited item storage of only 5 to 10 depending on class.

Hyper_Rappy
Dec 4, 2007, 08:46 PM

plz take me to this wonderful!

Pengfishh
Dec 4, 2007, 08:56 PM
Tonfas are more or less covered with Twin Daggers, Ivy sword whip thing should stay with that buxom weirdo and we already have laser whips, Double Saber is pretty much a bo staff, Rafal = gatling gun just as you described it sans PP, and hand grenade = damage traps.

We must remember that in the future everything is made of LASERS!

Kylie
Dec 4, 2007, 09:10 PM

TWIN WHIPS. HEL YEH!

... D:

Never mind.

I'd like to see real battle fan weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

hewitt
Dec 4, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-12-04 15:25, Benegesserit wrote:
I want some weapons that attach to your legs for some kicking action.

I was thinking the same thing

UltimateCarl
Dec 5, 2007, 12:16 AM
Eh, forget the twin mechs, I want some kind of gatling gun. Just some huge-ass, full-auto weapon.

Also, I support tonfas, because they are quite possibly the coolest and most underused weapon ever.

Aviendha
Dec 5, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-12-04 17:32, MSAksion wrote:
Kusarigama - Japanese Chain and Sickle - Would be the first dual function melee weapon. Right hand knife cutting with a buten something cutting PA - then switch to offhand and spin the weighted grapplin hook chain with an ENTANGLE and REEL IN PA attack.. then switch to the sickle hand and cut cut cut ^_^

Win. That or Zorafim's Shield and 1H Spear suggestions. Or any kind of left-hand melee weapon that has a PA.