PDA

View Full Version : new class?

Darkly
Dec 4, 2007, 06:15 PM
Recently, my gamertag went corrupt, losing all data on psu as well. - this link shows the same error i got: http://forums.xbox.com/12304554/ShowPost.aspx

I want to start again, but i want to play a different class this time around obviously. I played FF until corruption so can people give me reasons as to what class they play, but much more importantly why you find it fun.

I really have no preferences its just im not sure which route i would like to take this time around, you can also suggest race/class combo's aswell.

thanks for any advice given.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkly on 2007-12-04 15:24 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Dec 4, 2007, 06:18 PM
I don't exactly get how ALL of that data could've just gotten lost unless you got a new GT altogether.

Fighgunner? I enjoy it because there's a wide variety of weapons to use both melee and ranged. Doublesabers are a favorite weapon of mine too.

EDIT: Oh right! My bad, I even posted in that topic you made about it too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-12-04 15:35 ]</font>

Xen1
Dec 4, 2007, 06:19 PM
AF FTW!!!! They are actually pretty tight. Especially if you like sabers dagger or claws =D S rank in all 3. S Rank in Shadoogs. S In twin saber. Good for any class.....the list goes on and on.

perfectminute
Dec 4, 2007, 06:20 PM
You could just go human and try it all. I think the hybrids are the funner classes because of the spread of weapons.

pikachief
Dec 4, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-12-04 15:19, Xen1 wrote:
AF FTW!!!! They are actually pretty tight. Especially if you like sabers dagger or claws =D S rank in all 3. S Rank in Shadoogs. S In twin saber. Good for any class.....the list goes on and on.

lol they dont have S ranks in any twin weapons XD

Benegesserit
Dec 4, 2007, 06:21 PM
I'm a new player to PSU, but from the viewpoint of someone who is used to playing casters exclusively in MMOs (5+ years), I'm turned on to melee in this game. I love the twin claw finesse and beast females look awesome. Amazons FTW

I love high combos and a female twin claw wielder 6-hit + 36k PA (21+) = ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA ultra ultra ultra (combo fighter fans know what I'm referring to).

Anyway, went fortefighter since they are the only 2x claw S rankers. Otherwise I would have tried acrofighter for the added speed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Benegesserit on 2007-12-04 15:23 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 4, 2007, 06:33 PM
AT, synergy of Physical DD and Support = win for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

UltimateCarl
Dec 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
Currently I'm a FF because I'm in love with axes, and the twin claw HADOKEN PA is rad.

I also gave Wartecher a whirl for a bit, and I have to say that it's a lot of fun. So you're not doing the most damage, but you're really hard to kill so you don't have to worry as much about healing, and you get an awesome balance of both melee and tech usage. Mixing it up like that is neat, plus S Rank twin daggers are a lot of fun.

But, yeah, if you really liked it before, my vote is with making another FF. If you want something similar but with a slightly different flavor, consider giving Wartecher a chance.

Chaosgyro
Dec 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
I like Wartecher (note to Benegesserit: WT will soon get S twin claws as well) for the spread of available weapons and highly defensive nature. They're tough little tanks that can heal themselves. The only thing I don't like is the attack techs...if I'm meleeing I'm not casting, and if I'm casting them I'm not meleeing. At any point a portion of my offense is going unused. I just keep some debuffs around mostly, and sometimes whip out foie or ramegid on 'bots.

Oh, and the whip is GODLY. Don't let Acrotecher S ranks sway you, WT destroys with this weapon.

Kylie
Dec 4, 2007, 07:00 PM
I play WT because I like owning something with a skill and then having the ability to switch over to my own resta and heal myself or others. You sacrifice some power, but that's not all that important to me. I also like FI and AF for their diversity, FF when I want to feel powerful.

Chaosgyro
Dec 4, 2007, 07:03 PM
Wow, 3 spontaneous WT love posts in a row. Surely some civilized planet somewhere just exploded to retain the cosmic balance.

Mikura
Dec 4, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-12-04 16:03, Chaosgyro wrote:
Wow, 3 spontaneous WT love posts in a row. Surely some civilized planet somewhere just exploded to retain the cosmic balance.

I don't see where it's such a big surprise. Since they're melee PAs got upped to 30, they're pretty rocking now. The future update to S rank knuckles and twin claws will just make them even sweeter.

Randomness
Dec 4, 2007, 08:17 PM
Yes. Wartechers are good all-around combat machines.

They get level 30 in skills and attack technics, making them very proficient in both types of damage.

They also have 20 in bullets, meaning they can do level 3 SEs on bow, as well as fire the full three from cards.

Finally, with a 20 in support techs, they can effectively resta/reverser, meaning they are nearly impossible to take down.

I love WT. AT actually plays similarly, except that it gives up some melee power for tech power. I'll probably never go back to FT unless I get the urge to level a tech to 31 for the final boost in area and power. (Although, as I have no level 30 techs, thats going to be a while)

Xen1
Dec 4, 2007, 08:41 PM
On 2007-12-04 15:21, pikachief wrote:

lol yuh. twin saber silly.but that be offline. online theres no S rank twin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xen1 on 2007-12-04 17:42 ]</font>

jerkweed399
Dec 4, 2007, 10:28 PM
On 2007-12-04 17:41, Xen1 wrote:

Acrofighter isn't offline

hewitt
Dec 4, 2007, 11:15 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I thought WTs were going to be doomed to a bad S rank selection forever. where is everyone hearing this ?_?

Xen1
Dec 4, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-12-04 19:28, jerkweed399 wrote:

On 2007-12-04 17:41, Xen1 wrote:

Acrofighter isn't offline

You're funny.

Aviendha
Dec 5, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-12-04 20:15, hewitt wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I thought WTs were going to be doomed to a bad S rank selection forever. where is everyone hearing this ?_?

Post awhile back regarding the JP update that included slicer nerf and Rod rebalancing. We got slicer nerf on day one, stil waiting for the other two.

On Topic: Depending on the class you play, you may change your mind. For example, dabbling in xbows as a FI made me want to try GT. If you want a class that's somewhat familiar with a bit more variety, WT may be what you want. FI will probably not be intersting to you since they are weaker than FF and guns are pointless 99% of the time right now. I would personally recomment AF/WT as the most fun classes to play, but its all preference.