PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS: The end of Ep. 2

Gunslinger-08
Dec 5, 2007, 03:26 AM
Okay, so at the end of Ep. 2, the GC falls and crashes on Parum. Now I know Obel Dallgun dies, but I'm curious as to what happens to Lucaim Nav. I know he's infected, and shut down while fighting Dallgun, but the only thing I hear about him after it is that he's not around. IIRC, Dallgun, in his last moments talking with Laia is in what I'm guessing would be a different room from the one he fought Nav in, because I didn't see Nav anywhere in the shot.
In short, what happened to the headmaster? Has it been left up in the air or is there something I missed?

beatrixkiddo
Dec 5, 2007, 03:31 AM
He 'sploded just like Dallgun.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 5, 2007, 03:38 AM
If you didn't see the body, he didn't die.[spoiler-box]It doesn't matter how much it's implied or obvious that Nav died in the explosion, and it doesn't even matter how much the story says Dallgun died. Their bodies were not shown, therefore both of them could be still alive. It doersn't matter how stupid it would be if they came back, they could still be alive.[/spoiler-box]

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 5, 2007, 03:43 AM
double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-12-05 00:44 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 5, 2007, 03:47 AM
Actually

Eps 3 Spoiler.
[spoiler-box]Ethan says in eps 3-1 that Nav is dead, and 3-1 implies that Dalligun is definitely dead. Right at the beginning of the talk where u, laia and ethan meet up right before the 3 grass assassins.[/spoiler-box]

Gigorman
Dec 5, 2007, 04:22 AM
Hm. Are we still able to play episode two after upgrading?

KTani
Dec 5, 2007, 04:39 AM
On 2007-12-05 01:22, Gigorman wrote:

Yes. 10 more levels on my alt and I get tons of easy frags all over again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

YUKI_N
Dec 5, 2007, 04:48 AM
I predict Nav is still alive, his death got almost no recognition compared to Dallguns, despite being a major character in Episode 1. Its a lot more feasible for a cast to survive something like that as well

Gigorman
Dec 5, 2007, 05:12 AM
On 2007-12-05 01:39, KTani wrote:

On 2007-12-05 01:22, Gigorman wrote:

Yes. 10 more levels on my alt and I get tons of easy frags all over again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I've mistakenly used one word for another. I meant chapter, but since these events do not take place in that time of the story this is all moot.

RemiusTA
Dec 5, 2007, 05:31 AM
Nav died?

Thats fucking weak. i completely forgot he even fell with Dallgun until i read this topic..

Esufer
Dec 5, 2007, 09:39 AM
I hear Dallgun is making movies under the stage name of Steven Segal now.

But seriously, I reckon they're both still alive. It's an RPG.

Kamiense
Dec 5, 2007, 12:01 PM
I thought Nav was still in the Guardian's headquarters after his ICS came in. o.o

omegapirate2k
Dec 5, 2007, 12:03 PM
Psh, Dallgun can't die, ever.

Hyda
Dec 5, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-12-05 09:01, Kamiense wrote:
I thought Nav was still in the Guardian's headquarters after his ICS came in. o.o

He was, which would mean that he survived, and if he is as Ethan says is dead, than maybe he just passed on0_o??

watashiwa
Dec 5, 2007, 01:21 PM
Ethan didn't say Nav died.. he just said the headmaster isn't with us now or something like that.

No one found the body...

Nav not being there with him, he may have been found by other CASTs or anything... You never know.

I mean, Nav could be partially wrecked and then repaired later. YOU KNOW, LIKE ZERO IN MEGAMAN X...

KTani
Dec 5, 2007, 03:54 PM
Nav wasn't in the Guardians headquarters (in Clyez City) when the colony fell. He was in the control room area with Dallgun when his ICS kicked in again. (Not in Clyez City) Ethan said that he is "no longer with us", which is a common euphemism for death, at least in the US. While it's true that they could come back, it's not likely. Phantasy Star games often have tragic deaths of main characters that don't come back. The only real death cheats I can think of off the top of my head are all bad guys, like Magashi and Lassic.

As for the episodes, AotI players can play episodes 2 and 3 online.

Zorafim
Dec 5, 2007, 04:02 PM
The problem I think we have is, Nav's death wasn't tragic. I think he was pretty much assumed dead when he got infected, but that didn't get much recognition either.

Nav got shafted, y'all.

KTani
Dec 5, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-12-05 13:02, Zorafim wrote:
The problem I think we have is, Nav's death wasn't tragic. I think he was pretty much assumed dead when he got infected, but that didn't get much recognition either.

Nav got shafted, y'all.

To me, any death is tragic, but I digress.

I guess Nav's actual death wasn't tragic so much as the fact that he contracted the Seed virus was, which as of now is pretty much the same as dying anyway.

Turbobrain
Dec 5, 2007, 04:06 PM
Nah, maybe Dallgun used his invicinility blast just at the right time... thats what I would've done in that situation if I was a beast;)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-12-05 13:07 ]</font>

MetalIdol876
Dec 5, 2007, 04:07 PM
When Ethan said Nav was no not with them, he could mean that Nav survived. Only instead of being the Headmaster everyone knew, he was a berserk, out of control CAST hell-bent on killing everyone. He could also have mutated like SEED-Magashi and is somewhere on Parum.

Just because he isn't with them doesn't mean he's not somewhere. Maybe the old Lucaim they all knew was dead, and all that remains is the shell of a monster. Who knows. It's certainly very interesting.

SolRiver
Dec 5, 2007, 04:09 PM
I wonder about Curtz,[spoiler-box] sux to have 1 of the cast in AMF that isn't racist die so fast.

Though they didn't seem to have killed him, I wonder about the infection.[/spoiler-box]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-05 13:10 ]</font>

KTani
Dec 5, 2007, 04:19 PM
1. Curtz was last seen in Clyez City, alive but temporarily disabled. He is probably alive.
2. Dallgun is human http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
3. Nav could still be alive, it just isn't very likely.
4. The chance of Dallgun being alive is, as Maya put it, a million to one.

EDIT: I just remembered that Curtz and the other infected Casts on the colony aren't mentioned in 3-1. In 2-10 Lou says she'll send someone to deal with Curtz after Ethan et al fight him. It's possible that he's being held somewhere where he can't hurt anyone and is therefore alive, but out of the picture for now. It's also possible he revived and ran off somewhere else after Ethan and Laia left, and is either dead or still running loose. He played an even bigger part in episode 1 than Nav did, I'm sure his fate will be addressed at some point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KTani on 2007-12-05 13:26 ]</font>

tei
Dec 5, 2007, 04:22 PM

In cliché video game plots, those odds are like 90% in your favour. ^^;; I'm sure he'll end up seed infected and fused to some angellic-dark-holy-seed-fused-pile-of-final-boss-goodness.

Turbobrain
Dec 5, 2007, 04:26 PM
1. Curtz was last seen in Clyez City, alive but temporarily disabled. He is probably alive.
2. Dallgun is human http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
3. Nav could still be alive, it just isn't very likely.

He is? so maybe he had a scape doll, some uber resist unit or maybe he knew broomop?

Gunslinger-08
Dec 5, 2007, 04:29 PM
Dallgun IS pretty badass, but I think a CAST body would have a much better chance of surviving the impact of a colony crashing than even the most badass human could ever handle.
If Nav's gone, oh well. If not, I'm sure he'll return with a 'grab'.

I didn't think this thread was going to get this long.

Turbobrain
Dec 5, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-12-05 13:29, Gunslinger-08 wrote:
Dallgun IS pretty badass, but I think a CAST body would have a much better chance of surviving the impact of a colony crashing than even the most badass human could ever handle.
If Nav's gone, oh well. If not, I'm sure he'll return with a 'grab'.

I didn't think this thread was going to get this long.

Yeah, bitches dont know about HIS Gi-Senba;)

KTani
Dec 5, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-12-05 13:22, tei wrote:

In cliché video game plots, those odds are like 90% in your favour. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; I'm sure he'll end up seed infected and fused to some angellic-dark-holy-seed-fused-pile-of-final-boss-goodness.

Touche. Personally I hope they just let him stay dead, the conversation between him and Laia was quite moving to me. Having him come back at all would seem pretty cheap. Sonic Team made that mistake before with Shadow, who had an acceptable death scene in Sonic Adventure 2, and then came back with no real explanation or personality in Sonic Heroes. Though granted, in that example most fans were expecting and/or hoping for a death cheat in the form of Shadow teleporting before reaching the earth's atmosphere. My point is it would have been better accepted by the fanbase if he had just stayed dead.

I expect Dallgun to be really dead. He was badly injured before the colony went down anyway. Nav could go either way, same with Curtz. But Dallgun had a long, moving death scene, that was expanded upon in 3-1. Phantasy Star history indicates that a death cheat is unlikely, from my point of view.