PDA

View Full Version : Serafi-senba Pair Bonus?

Googlebonker
Dec 5, 2007, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know if Serafi-senba can be involved in a pair bonus?

relentless
Dec 5, 2007, 08:36 AM
I think it's a combo with Halp Serafi and Dagger of Serafi, not sure.

Rashiid
Dec 5, 2007, 08:44 AM
Probably only the Daggers of Serafi. Halp is just the single version.
That's like saying Two-Headed Ragnuses would go with the Crimson+Crimson Line combo.

XDeathX
Dec 5, 2007, 09:28 AM
All yjree share the same name.

Chaosgyro
Dec 5, 2007, 09:38 AM
I read in another post that halp serafi didn't combine. I don't remember if the eventual conclusion of the thread was that it didn't work with the twin daggers either or not though.

Rashiid
Dec 5, 2007, 09:43 AM
There is no way to confirm anything yet, being no one has the Daggers of Serafi.
IN THEORY they may drop from Rappy Noel's 80+.
Just have to wait.

Ryoki
Dec 5, 2007, 01:27 PM
The combo could be tested offline, but that would tell us nothing. It could still be online (for DoS, I mean.) Regardless other whether or not it gets a boost, IT IS a combo. Both items are made by Rie Tanaka Studios.

However, I'm seriously pissed, being on PS2, that I cannot see the feathers. I see a normal Yohmei S rank blocking animation D:<

The only good thing is, Serafi senba's effect is just the same as Rabol Rappy. So I'm not missing much, the colors of the feathers aren't even right...

Also, about the Christmas thing, I would bet all of my money on it. Serafi is a intentional mistranslation of Seraph, a type of six-winged higher ranking angels, whom would "Purify" (Means the same as purifying SEED is just killing em >.>) with a type of "holy fire". Seraphs are of course, part of the Christian religion. We've observed Serafi feathers dropping on Christmas and Easter, and Halp on Easter, both of which are Christian holidays. (Surprisingly, the feathers also dropped on the Pagaen holiday Halloween XD). So, it would only make sense for them to drop on Christmas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-12-05 10:31 ]</font>

Anduril
Dec 5, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-12-05 10:27, Ryoki wrote:
Also, about the Christmas thing, I would bet all of my money on it. Serafi is a intentional mistranslation of Seraph, a type of six-winged higher ranking angels, whom would "Purify" (Means the same as purifying SEED is just killing em >.>) with a type of "holy fire". Seraphs are of course, part of the Christian religion. We've observed Serafi feathers dropping on Christmas and Easter, and Halp on Easter, both of which are Christian holidays. (Surprisingly, the feathers also dropped on the Pagaen holiday Halloween XD). So, it would only make sense for them to drop on Christmas.

Actually Halloween is All Hallow's Eve, otherwise known as the Eve of All Saint's Day, which is a Catholic Holiday, so the trend fits that a Serafi Feather would drop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-12-05 10:52 ]</font>

Sulfura
Dec 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
Halp serafi don't SET serafi-senba a friend tried so we will see with dagger of serafi.

JinxoOrougeOo
Dec 5, 2007, 02:52 PM
well it sure would make sense u know rabol gant-gudda gant rabol asted-gur asted gigush line-gigush

Randomness
Dec 5, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-12-05 10:51, Anduril wrote:

Actually Halloween is All Hallow's Eve, otherwise known as the Eve of All Saint's Day, which is a Catholic Holiday, so the trend fits that a Serafi Feather would drop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-12-05 10:52 ]</font>

Um... no. Not originally.

Halloween was originally known as Sovvan (sp?) night, and was most definitely pagan. The catholic church (Numerous times, actually, Christmas' date was chosen for the same reason) made Nov. 1 a holiday, and by extension Oct. 31, in an attempt to twist the pagan holiday into a christian one.

pikachief
Dec 5, 2007, 05:38 PM
In other words, no it does not form a set and we will have to wait and see if the serafi-senba and daggers of serafi do.

Soukosa
Dec 5, 2007, 06:22 PM
Serafi-senba: Made by Youmei
Halp Serafi/Dagger of Serafi: Kubara product

Sets don't work between brands. "Serafi" is hardly a unique name for item either. Besides, do you honestly think they'd give you a 4 slot armor with no strings attached that made a set with a weapon?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 5, 2007, 06:32 PM
And.... doesn't sets not work in AoI?

Pillan
Dec 5, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-12-05 15:22, Soukosa wrote:
Serafi-senba: Made by Youmei
Halp Serafi/Dagger of Serafi: Kubara product

Sets don't work between brands. "Serafi" is hardly a unique name for item either. Besides, do you honestly think they'd give you a 4 slot armor with no strings attached that made a set with a weapon?

Two key problems with those statements:

The first being that Kubara doesn't make armors and all Kubara-like armors are given names attached to one of the three companies, such as Dulk-senba, Shinowa line, Loveheart line, Rabol Rappy, and, of course, Sefari-senba. So if there was a Kubara weapon set, odds are the armor would be made by one of the companies.

The second being the existance of Storm line, which can be equip by any ranger class, including Fighgunner who can't use Storm, and also has four slots. Only change being this set isn't limited at all and potentially works with a rarer weapon.

Anduril
Dec 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-12-05 14:36, Randomness wrote:

On 2007-12-05 10:51, Anduril wrote:

Um... no. Not originally.

Halloween was originally known as Sovvan (sp?) night, and was most definitely pagan. The catholic church (Numerous times, actually, Christmas' date was chosen for the same reason) made Nov. 1 a holiday, and by extension Oct. 31, in an attempt to twist the pagan holiday into a christian one.

I'm aware of that, I just neglected to add all the fluff just to get to the point that the Serafi Feather dropping on Halloween fits into the "It drops on Christian Holidays" thing that was mentioned. Anyone who isn't aware of the numerous tweekings that the Catholic Church has made to integrate "pagans" into their religion hasn't really done their history homework.

Googlebonker
Dec 5, 2007, 09:35 PM
1. If these are based on Seraphims, why would the feathers be used to make weapons that at least in part represent something evil?

2. Serafi-senba, Halp Serafi, and Dagger of Serafi were all made by the Rietanaka workshop/studio. It would make sense to me to have Kubara Product armors.

Anduril
Dec 5, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-12-05 18:35, Googlebonker wrote:
1. If these are based on Seraphims, why would the feathers be used to make weapons that at least in part represent something evil?

2. Serafi-senba, Halp Serafi, and Dagger of Serafi were all made by the Rietanaka workshop/studio. It would make sense to me to have Kubara Product armors.

1) Depending on which version of the Fall, the Fallen were most likely Seraphim, seeing as Lucifer(meaning Light-Bearer, before he lost this title and became known merely as The Adversary) was a high ranking angel, but still held evil in his heart. So the half-Good, half-Evil thing would work.

2) I think the issue at this point is that they would have to make some kind of Kubabrasilica to make Kubara Armor. And I don't think ST would consider doing that, but it would be an interesting thing to do.

KRKcl17
Dec 5, 2007, 11:05 PM
On 2007-12-05 15:32, Shadow_Wing wrote:

As far as I know they work, some have just been nerfed a little.

Googlebonker
Dec 8, 2007, 07:22 PM
Has anyone tested it offline?

Ryno
Dec 8, 2007, 07:33 PM
So that means the Baji-senba pairs with Bajura ?

That means I should keep my Baji-senba armor because I was about to sell it.
lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-12-08 16:34 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 8, 2007, 08:29 PM
On 2007-12-05 20:05, KRKcl17 wrote:

On 2007-12-05 15:32, Shadow_Wing wrote:

As far as I know they work, some have just been nerfed a little.

more like a lot! my crimson+crimson line isnt even worth using anymore >.>

Pillan
Dec 9, 2007, 01:04 AM
Was the set bonus nerfed or is your total ATP just so high that the difference seems tiny in comparison? I mean, when your ATP with weapon is nearly 2000, an extra 40-100 ATP doesn't add up to much. We're talking 5% more damage, which is about the same as the random deviations in your attack damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-08 22:05 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Dec 9, 2007, 05:05 AM
I've equipped both offline, I didn't notice anything, but I didn't actually look at the numbers, I can look at it later if nobody else does, though.

Googlebonker
Dec 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
Ronin to the rescue! *tease*

For real, though, I'd REALLY like to know if there will be a bonus or not.

Have you noticed that online so far (legitly), there have been no Kubara Weapons involved in a pair bonus?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Googlebonker on 2007-12-09 11:56 ]</font>

Ryoki
Dec 9, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-12-05 18:35, Googlebonker wrote:

1. It's almost a sure thing that the daggers relate to Seraphs. DoS has six winglets, it's fire element, It has feathers (like angels, of course). However, I too am stumped by the description of Halp and DoS.
Halp is said to represent an evil heart.
DoS says "One represents good, the other represents evil"

My closest guess is that it has something to do with Christ and the Anti-Christ.

2. I agree with you completely. It is described that the armor is produced by Rie Tanaka studio/workshop. The Yohmei brand name means nothing. Yohmei simply might be a distributer. But we all know the real reason: No kubara armors. Do you really think that Tenora Works makes rabol rappy? Or that Yohmei actually decided to make Dulk-senba? It even says DS uses SEED energy!Obviously SEGA just uses good matches to determine the brand. Without Kubara armors, that's all they can do. And Yohmei, since they use a Japanese-ish language, was a perfect fit for Rie Tanaka (Who, btw, is the voice for Karen. Found that out recently.). I'de bet money that Rie Tanaka studios is on Neudaiz too.

Most likely, and sadly, there probably is no combo. However, the company shouldn't be a factor in determining that.

Weeaboolits
Dec 9, 2007, 04:52 PM
I just tried with them both

Stats individually:

Serafi-Senba:
Def - 180
Eva - 205
Ment - 130
End - 0

Dagger of Serafi
PP - 312
Att - 205
Acc - 156
40% Fire

Stats when equipped together:

Serafi-Senba:
Def - 180
Eva - 205
Ment - 130
End - 0

Dagger of Serafi
PP - 312
Att - 205
Acc - 156
40% Fire

No change, I even went into the field and made Dagger of Serafi my active weapon, still nothing.
It is still possible, however, that there is a bonus online, but not off.

Pillan
Dec 9, 2007, 04:57 PM
When paired together as a set, the stats of the individual weapon and armor do not change. However, the damage dealt increases and the damage recieved decreases. So you actually have to test the weapon on the field and compare your average damage dealt and recieved with the armor and weapon together to your average damage without.

Weeaboolits
Dec 9, 2007, 05:01 PM
Ah, I didn't know that (none of the pairable armors/weapons are available offline to my knowledge unless this is one of them), well, I can't really test it at the moment, so I guess I'll test it again later if no one else does. >_>;

Weeaboolits
Dec 9, 2007, 05:19 PM
Just tested it, there was no notable difference in the damage I was dealing or receiving.

Googlebonker
Dec 9, 2007, 06:53 PM
Hm! Interesting!

Thank you for testing that! To be honest, I hope they don't have a pair bonus online.

Dragwind
Dec 9, 2007, 07:14 PM
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see? Regardless, it's a great armor.