PDA

View Full Version : Question about Psu Atoi Story Mode / Systems

Chaos320
Dec 5, 2007, 12:34 PM
So i know that the Xbox 360 didn’t get any story mode what so ever when I DL the Expansion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif So I was wanting to just go ahead and buy it for the Ps2 / Pc and had a quick question about it.

Can you just go out and buy it for the PC / Ps2 without the previous psu or would you have to buy both just to play?

And what system should I get it for. My computer is not the best system around and the graphics would have to run on low settings but would it be worth it in the end?

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaos320 on 2007-12-05 09:38 ]</font>

Bliven
Dec 5, 2007, 12:42 PM
the PS2 / PC AotI is stand alone, meaning you do not need the original. no idea about which to buy.

Syanaide
Dec 5, 2007, 12:42 PM
For the $40 it would cost you to buy, and start over on PC/PS2, why not just play 360 online for four months?

Chaos320
Dec 5, 2007, 12:44 PM
I was just wanting to do the single player campain offline for it. I liked the single player and was hoping to play it on the 360. Is it comming out for the 360? (sorry i really dont have time to do research)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaos320 on 2007-12-05 09:46 ]</font>

Maxson
Dec 5, 2007, 01:25 PM
I haven't heard anything about the 360 getting the offline content. The PC and PS2 versions of AoI are standalone, so no worries there.

I'm a PC player, and I can tell you that the game needs some working to run decently on a mid- to low-range computer (I'm on a 1.6 GHz laptop). If all you want to do is blow through the single-player offline campaign, I'd suggest the PS2 version- it helps that the gamepad controls are similar to 360. Finally, only the PS2 version gives your characters short phrases they'll shout during battle- a small but important distinction.

However, if you're willing to do some tweaking, the PC version will boast a higher resolution and all the power of your PC. I haven't played the PS2 version, but I hear it has some problems loading characters, weapons, and some graphical effects quickly- even my weak laptop has no problems in that area. If you have a USB gamepad adapter or a native gamepad for your computer, PC just might be the path for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maxson on 2007-12-05 10:31 ]</font>

Chaos320
Dec 5, 2007, 02:00 PM
right on man thanks for the input. Its a very weak e-macines computer. It can run games like WOW but when things go to fast the screen freezes up for a few sec. Still stock with its 512 Ram and Ati Card. Maybe investing in a better computer might be a future option for me. Just need to get my damn x-mas shopin done for my family b4 i can get myslef anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thanks again tho captain for the information and anyone else that has any (maybe some ps2 users that know how the single player works) would still be very appreciated .

tei
Dec 5, 2007, 02:15 PM
Well, even on low settings, PC's graphics are, for the most part, much-much-much nicer than the PS2 ^^;; And you can take screenshots on the PC version! I really envy that. But you need to be constantly connected to the internet to even play offline mode, since it's got gameguard protection I think...

PS2 is better if you're sure your compy can't handle PSU, or you want to play but don't have internet access all the time, or want to play other ps2 exclusive games. But be warned, it can lag in some instances, unfortunately in the worst ones... Any group of enemies (Vanda Olga... *grumble..*) that spams foie-line techs, especially the fire breathing ones, can slow you to a crawl, and when you first start a mission and need to load all your team's models and weapon models and voices, it can take 20 seconds to a minute before everything starts working properly, unless you're soloing. That can mean you might just be attacking silently with invisible weapons, or it might absolutely lock you out of doing any type of attack at all, particularly techs suffer this, even when you switch into a rod or dual teching weapons in the middle of a mission...

Oh, and about if you need both versions - you don't need both, but you won't get Karen's partner card unless you imported the character from the original PSU who completed the full story mode. Also some items don't -seem- to be findable in AoI either, that were in PSU... Like Orpad / Guard, an S-rank unit that adds 100 def, I don't think that's been found in AoI yet but was sold in shops in PSU's extra mode. But for creating a new charrie in AoI, you get Sonic and Tails statues, which you can't get otherwise.... Unfortunately if there's a completionist inside of you, it's a no-win scenario for them ^^;;

Chaos320
Dec 5, 2007, 02:20 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i want the statues for my room on 360....what the hell sega....where is my single player...you b@stards

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaos320 on 2007-12-05 11:21 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Dec 5, 2007, 04:56 PM
Keep in mind that the AotI expansion runs the PC version of this game ALOT better. (I can actually play on 1 frameskip now.) It feels like this game was MADE for the PC alot of the time, since it runs so much faster and better.

Chaos320
Dec 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
ugh, thats a slap in the face http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i still like the 360 for its chat options as far as just talking in a party over typing. But otherwise i could play on the pc / ps2 world to...is the pc / ps2 world bigger (as far as more people)?