PDA

View Full Version : PA frag techs

Randomness
Dec 5, 2007, 05:23 PM
Capped my stack of frags, was planning on going to get Megid, but first, I have a few questions.

How expensive (PP-wise) is it? How much damage does it do?

Also, if anyone really HATES megid for some reason, feel free to say so and why, and suggest something else. (Note:Have Majarra and Megiverse, do not want Giresta, chars in sig)

Zorafim
Dec 5, 2007, 05:30 PM
Actually, I'm wanting megid myself after getting all of Levia's PAs out of the way. Does it do a good job at being a general use offensive PA?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-05 14:31 ]</font>

Randomness
Dec 5, 2007, 05:31 PM
Umm... why do I get a strange feeling this thread just moved one step closer to a landfill?

Umberger
Dec 5, 2007, 05:34 PM
1-10: 20pp per cast, 15 as FT.
11-20: 25pp per cast, 20 as FT.
21-30: 30pp per cast, 24 as FT.
31-40: 28pp per cast, FT only.

It does good damage once you level it up, mine's at level 29 right now and does about 1300 (1900+ criticals) to Light element enemies using a 12% Dark Halarod and Retier 21+. The instant kill doesn't really become noticeable until 21, and it unfortunately does not receive level 4 Incapacitate. I recommend it if you're going to take the time to level it...if not, you may want to stick with another spell. It levels about as slow as Barta and Zonde if you've ever had to level those up, and most people consider them a pain to level up...it's your decision though.

If you aren't going to power level it or whatever, I'd recommend Nosdiga. It does pretty beastly amounts of damage when facing single targets such as a Polavohra, and does a good job of getting rid of medium sized mobs (Mizura, Volfu, Go Vahra, etc). The Stun SE sticks quite a bit more now due to the enemies' STA being lowered.

Randomness
Dec 5, 2007, 05:39 PM
Hmm... guess I might just pass on it then, if it takes a rod and Retier to get up over 1,000.

What are the pros and cons of the other techs available via frag exchange?

ThEoRy
Dec 5, 2007, 05:41 PM
It's much better than it was pre AOI. It costs much less pp to use per shot and they've added flinch to it as well making it easier to lvl up. After acquiring it months ago, I patiently waited until now to finally begin leveling it. And I must say it is quite an enjoyable tech to use even in it's infancy. At only lvl 3 I can do a couple thousand damage easily if I line up the shots properly. And now that I've gotten into it I honestly can't see why people were hating it before. Damage wise that is. I can understand about the previous pp cost and slow leveling though. You just have to know when and where to use it.

ThEoRy
Dec 5, 2007, 05:42 PM
On 2007-12-05 14:39, Randomness wrote:
Hmm... guess I might just pass on it then, if it takes a rod and Retier to get up over 1,000.

What are the pros and cons of the other techs available via frag exchange?

that's per enemy he's talkin there. It works like a laser piercing through hitting multiple targets.

and why wouldn't you be using retier again?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-12-05 14:43 ]</font>

Randomness
Dec 5, 2007, 05:46 PM
Hmm, true...

As to why no Retier...

Buff parties bore me to death. Haven't bothered using buffs in ages.

Meh, looking over the list of frag techs, I'm not seeing anything else I care about anyways. (Regrants is mildly interesting, but I can just use Dambarta, and with low attack power, elemental bonus isnt going to boost the damage too much)

I think I'll just go ahead and grab it, unless someone convinces me otherwise in the next 5 or so minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2007-12-05 14:48 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Dec 5, 2007, 05:50 PM
You know, you don't have to join a buff party to level your buffs....

Randomness
Dec 5, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-12-05 14:50, JAFO22000 wrote:
You know, you don't have to join a buff party to level your buffs....

I'll count this as asking for the full version of my reason.

Basically, buffs come out. Many many people level in buff parties. I can't stand them, and I keep having other people come in and their buffs are as good as or better than mine, so I let them buff. My buffs gain no levels, this continues, I start to just not care about my buffs. Basically, by now, with how slow buffs are to level from normal usage... I'm to the point where I just let anyone else with buffs take over. And if noone else can buff, I let people use items as they see fit. I haven't had buffs bound to a weapon in ages.

ThEoRy
Dec 5, 2007, 05:55 PM
who needs buff parties? I only used them once and as you stated I almost died IRL from one so I never went back. Just do what I did. First, when you buff in real parties do them in this order, White, Yellow, Blue, Red. Always Red last! This way no one goes running off right after shifta/deband saying "kthnxbai!" Second, battle buffs are a must! Buff the team during combat frequently just to keep em going strong. Third, double up on a buff or two by casting it a few times consecutively during battle and especially before a boss. Stress free Buff lvling ftw!

Randomness
Dec 5, 2007, 05:57 PM
I've also developed a lack of caring because of how little impact low-level buffs have...

Maybe at some point I'll level one or two, but I've also strongly considered just grabbing megistar once or twice.

Zorafim
Dec 5, 2007, 05:59 PM
It actually doesn't take too long to get to 11. From there, it's a pain, but at least lv2 buffs help.