PDA

View Full Version : boy oh boy...

majan
Dec 5, 2007, 08:10 PM
well,sega's done it.theyve completely turned the entire community against each other.I wonder if the same uproar is occuring right now in japan.wartechers getting the short end of the stick,AT vs FT,rods,megaslicers,uber-pansy enemies,skin cancer epidemic,the works.

if we all just wait it out,this expansion will probably end up balancing most of the issues that makes us want to rip each others throats out over this shit.can we all just get along till then?then resume complaining about the whole can of worms that the master classes will open?

lets just take a minute and get away from the flaming and titty-fighting.remember when there was no such thing as moatoob?yeah,those were the days.A rank weapons never existed,either.expert classes?a pain in the ass to max out.

Turambar
Dec 5, 2007, 08:12 PM
But those were the days of "GO TO NEUDAIZ"........=P

Turbobrain
Dec 5, 2007, 08:13 PM
I fail to understand your what your point is? Is it possible you are more drunk than me?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 5, 2007, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't have minded a few complaints here and there but there's a general uproar against ATs from fTs and it bugs me =/. I personally hate being classified as a force, cause I really don't play like one, I'm more a melee GT than anything, and yet u don't hear much complaints from fGs against GTs <<;

Nuda had easier mobs missions lol, so no1 did mota anyways XD. And Raffon Field Base was full of spam XD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-05 17:17 ]</font>

Umberger
Dec 5, 2007, 08:20 PM
On 2007-12-05 17:10, majan wrote:
A rank weapons never existed,either.expert classes?a pain in the ass to max out.

Crea boards dropped. =|

majan
Dec 5, 2007, 08:25 PM
On 2007-12-05 17:20, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-12-05 17:10, majan wrote:
A rank weapons never existed,either.expert classes?a pain in the ass to max out.

Crea boards dropped. =|

noone could use them though.everybody was mesmerized.oh the memories.

the point of this thread is to remind eveyrbody of how far along the game has come,and that of course its a game and we are a community thats supposed to be enjoying it together,and has been enjoying it together for a little over a year now.its to get our mind off of its inconsistencies because instead of discussing it we are flaming and complaining to one another about it as though each of us had a say in fixing it and our little arguments are going to make a fuckin difference to sonic team who can give a shit less what we think.

this is no democracy.

Remedy
Dec 5, 2007, 09:47 PM
On 2007-12-05 17:16, Shadow_Wing wrote:
I personally hate being classified as a forceThen, with all politeness that I can muster into this question, why are you playing a class that explicitly states that it specializes in support?

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 5, 2007, 10:00 PM
On 2007-12-05 18:47, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-12-05 17:16, Shadow_Wing wrote:
I personally hate being classified as a forceThen, with all politeness that I can muster into this question, why are you playing a class that explicitly states that it specializes in support?

Because that's how he wants to play.

DizzyDi
Dec 5, 2007, 10:18 PM
Logic says that if you wanna be a melee class you don't choose a teching one.

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 5, 2007, 10:23 PM
Well, I myself used to melee as a GT. It's not something you do for primary damage, it's something you do to save PP on your guns and keep the enemies at bay, while doing "moderate" damage. Not enough to get many kills but enough to keep an enemy or three back. Point is, the player most likely chose GT for weapon selection (EWW BOWS) and not support. Though I don't really agree with being a non-support (and I define support as resta/reverser, buffs and debuffs being optional) Guntecher, it's how they play.

Remedy
Dec 5, 2007, 11:30 PM
Except we're talking about Acrotecher. As they're the only class with level 31 buffs, it is a fair expectation for them to have it, just like Fortechers were expected to have level 21 buffs pre-AotI.

But again, as I've said since we first got expert classes: PSU makes it so obvious who played PSO and who didn't.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 6, 2007, 12:39 AM
Well since it is the ranting forum, I guess I can indulge you. Acrotecher is well classified as an acro class, a speed class, a force person who specializes in the usage of techs, IE: See Force/Fortetecher, meaning the full use of both offensive and supportive techs, something I'm not much of. Additionally Wartecher and Guntecher, both having different strengths and weaknesses, are not considered Force by nature, however Acrotecher is? It really doesn't make much sense in the overall picture.

We by any means are not forces, in fact we're just support players, in other words a half force if anything. Just like a Wartecher and Guntecher, we specialize in the support side of the picture and not the whole force role, which is the whole 9 yards in being a mage.

As stated previously, Acrotecher is more classfied as an Acro class than anything, someone who specializes in being quick, where is Acrofighter is a quick damage dealer, Acrotecher is a quick supporter. A good Acrotecher specializes in being quick with their supportive spells and attacks, and should consider supporting the party, be it mob control or supportive/healing techs, as their first priority and damage dealing 2nd.

I myself don't play as a force when I'm an Acrotecher, in fact I play the exact opposite (and yes I've played as a Fortetecher before, not only on Wren by as an alt which additionally I didn't really like being one). In addition to the overall feel of it not being a force like job, I'm more melee centric than I am tech centric, obviously I'm a M CAST (for the lack of better wording, I fucking suck at tech damage), making me even less of a force.

Needless to say, being compared to a fT bugs me cause that isn't what we are in any way. Something that a lot of fTs seem to think it's proper to just QQ it on a job that looks similar by nature, but really isn't in reality.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-05 21:58 ]</font>

Chaosgyro
Dec 6, 2007, 01:45 PM
Don't sweat it Shadow. It's not your fault that your class catches a lot of hate. AT just shouldn't be so good at face melting while being the only ones with lv 40 support. I agree with your reasoning: WAR and GUNtechers are primarily their prefic class, and it's the same with ACROtechers. However, neither war nor guntechers can claim exclusive access to any level of skill/tech/bullet. ST just needs to give someone else max lvl support too so people can leave the poor offensive ATs alone.
(let's all hope that it's GTs so fTs have an excuse to get even higher damage)

Remedy
Dec 6, 2007, 02:19 PM
I've never said anything explicitly stating that a AT has to play like an FT. In fact, AT is one of the most versatile and mutable jobs in PSU. My point is, however, that if you are not living up to what the class can and should bring to the table (I.E. Level 31 buffs), then you are not performing up to the standards that people expect of you (and rightfully so, since you're the only ones with them!), and should expect to be reprimanded for it.

I am always polite, if not snarky when I deal with an AT with sub-31 buffs. Since people are always so quick to spam "ty" at me when I buff, I just reply with "No big deal, just doing the AT's job. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif" and leave it at that.

On 2007-12-06 10:45, Chaosgyro wrote:
(let's all hope that it's GTs so fTs have an excuse to get even higher damage)

Yeah, and if they did that, Level 31 buffs would still be non-existent. I've met ONE Guntecher since AotI came out, and TWO Acrotechers with level 31 buffs since it came out. They need to be given to FTs so we can continue to meet our class specifications - "An expert TECHNIC user that can use all TECHNICs with unmatched power." Having other people use certain technics with more power than we can kinda flies in the face of that, IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-12-06 11:23 ]</font>

Chaosgyro
Dec 6, 2007, 02:25 PM
Big 'n splodey is always cooler than small 'n twinkly...c'mon you know I'm right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Remedy
Dec 6, 2007, 03:10 PM
Excuse me for expecting the only class in the game with level 31 buffs to use their level 31 buffs just like every gunner/meleer in the game expected us to use level 21 buffs when we were the only ones with level 21 buffs.

But, of course, the only class that gets to have a double standard is AT, since I'm not an AT, and the forum trolls can troll against me because of it.

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-12-06 12:10, Remedy wrote:
Excuse me for expecting the only class in the game with level 31 buffs to use their level 31 buffs just like every gunner/meleer in the game expected us to use level 21 buffs when we were the only ones with level 21 buffs.

Sure... but not for for hijacking EVERY thread on the board about it.

Besides you for being steamed about on-paper class balance, who cares how well an AT does their support job? Nobody I know. I don't care if there's a support techer on the team AT ALL... it's a nice bonus, but strong damage output is more important.

omegapirate2k
Dec 6, 2007, 03:42 PM
One can only imagine the hate 3 new classes will bring.

Raine_Loire
Dec 6, 2007, 03:45 PM
Blah, I switched to AT yesterday. I love it. I'm very fast and twitchy now. Fun fun fun. But I mostly melee or some variation of diga- and I have a tech mag on each palette slot with whatever supports do me best (shifta/resta for my whip and saber, retier/deband for my waaands). Mind you, I'm soloing with my meat bags, and if Lumia ever gives me lip about how I should do my job, I'd just remove her and get Tonnio back... Still, even if I was in a party, I'd play the same way- and although I switched to AT, I don't have any buffs over lvl 11. #1, I didn't bother to buy them until a few months ago and I don't play that often and #2, I get into a rhythm and I'm not switching to a different rod/wand to keep ppl buffed, I'd rather just wait til after the fight.

Would I have as much fun meleeing if it weren't for just attack? No, I think not. I mean come on! It's great!!! All the same I feel nekid without resta.

In pso, I hacked my hunter to give her the max gi spells, that was my counter to the spread needle problem... anyone remember that? Anyone? Yeah that sucked.

ANYWAY I think the reason that people fight so much over the classes is that they forget it's JUST A GAME. Seriously- it's your GAME job, not your RL job. And even if it WAS your RL job, you're all equals, nobody is a BOSS... I mean, for a RL example, at a school if the teacher spills some milk, she cleans it up, she doesn't leave it there to spoil and try to get the janitor fired afterwards. People need to take responsibility for themselves first and foremost, and realize that in a game it's ok to be different. It really is!!

And being a meleeing acrotecher who buffs as THEY need is SO MUCH FUN! It's actually the most fun I've had since the original PSO. So I'd say I must be doing my job just like I should- because I'm enjoying a GAME I pay my own money to PLAY.

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 03:46 PM
I want Acrotranser.
Shotgun. Laser. Axe. Sword. Faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-12-06 12:48 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 6, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-12-06 12:46, panzer_unit wrote:
I want Acrotranser.Supposedly, Acromaster will incorporate Protranser.

Raine_Loire
Dec 6, 2007, 03:56 PM
I think acro people should actually BE acrobats. Not just the PA, but just all the time. Instead of running, you should do backflips. And every once in a while you should walk on your hands and use your weapon with your feet. Especially good for your "acrotranser" nothing better than a guy killing vahras with an axe in his feet...

omegapirate2k
Dec 6, 2007, 03:58 PM
On 2007-12-06 12:56, Raine_Loire wrote:
Especially good for your "acrotranser" nothing better than a guy killing vahras with an axe in his feet...

Wouldn't it be contradictory for an acrobat to be carrying something as heavy and clumsy as an axe?

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-12-06 12:52, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-12-06 12:46, panzer_unit wrote:
I want Acrotranser.Supposedly, Acromaster will incorporate Protranser.

woot woot. set for life!

I guess it makes some sense because we're all from the WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE?! side of the class tree. Maybe AM will get that utterly broken selection of weapons from the hax screen grabs too, lol! As long as I inherit PT's stuff, that would suit me fine.

Raine_Loire
Dec 6, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-12-06 12:58, omegapirate2k wrote:

Especially good for your "acrotranser" nothing better than a guy killing vahras with an axe in his feet...

Wouldn't it be contradictory for an acrobat to be carrying something as heavy and clumsy as an axe?

I don't know- they juggle heavy things on a high wire right? They already provided the clown clothes for the male chars...

Aewyn
Dec 6, 2007, 04:05 PM
I'd think if someone managed to master all forms of acrobatic combat, they could wield anything they liked as a weapon. They'd probably know how to manipulate its momentum and whatnot, right? So you could like, become an acromaster, pick up a cupcake, and take down a legion of ninja.

omegapirate2k
Dec 6, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-12-06 13:04, Raine_Loire wrote:

I don't know- they juggle heavy things on a high wire right? They already provided the clown clothes for the male chars...

Fair enough.

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 04:07 PM

Axes and chainsaws are staple material for juggling acts, actually.

Remedy
Dec 6, 2007, 04:17 PM
Acromasters can dual-wield Chainsawds, pass it on

Raine_Loire
Dec 6, 2007, 04:20 PM
now if they could use them as a ranged weapon, like throwing knives... no they need those balls on the wires that you swing around, you know what I'm talking about? I can't think of where I saw them before- someone who fought with them as weapons... crap, my brain is itching trying to remember, this is going to bother me...

omegapirate2k
Dec 6, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-12-06 13:17, Remedy wrote:
Acromasters can dual-wield Chainsawds, pass it on

Only when they nanoblast.

On 2007-12-06 13:20, Raine_Loire wrote:
now if they could use them as a ranged weapon, like throwing knives... no they need those balls on the wires that you swing around, you know what I'm talking about? I can't think of where I saw them before- someone who fought with them as weapons... crap, my brain is itching trying to remember, this is going to bother me...

You mean like a flail?

http://www.southernswords.co.uk/POH-2142.jpg

Raine_Loire
Dec 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
no, more like ribbon gymnastics... but a flail would be a fun weapon...

Darkly
Dec 6, 2007, 05:09 PM
ooo acro master? i thought there was only 3 masters, well if it is PT like jack of all trades master count me in!

omegapirate2k
Dec 6, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-12-06 14:09, Darkly wrote:
ooo acro master? i thought there was only 3 masters, well if it is PT like jack of all trades master count me in!

There's data for 4 masters, but they only mention 3 new classes being added.

Raine_Loire
Dec 6, 2007, 05:23 PM
Maybe they're copying FFXI and the 4th class is the acrodancer class...