PDA

View Full Version : what are the best pa bullets?

gryphonvii
Dec 5, 2007, 11:47 PM
I have a mid-level fortegunner but never bothered getting any pa bullets, which ones are recommended? I wouldn't ask because the database doesn't tell about effects so I don't know what the bullets do. Thanks for any help.

Bman40
Dec 6, 2007, 12:43 AM
twin mayalee, killer shot(its only good against robots, perfect for amf metro missions),
and twin penetration(it makes your twin handgun shots pass through multiple enemies like lazers do).

Uncle_bob
Dec 6, 2007, 12:48 AM
Boma Duranga is certainly worth it. Drains HP to do incredible damage. Mine is at level 15 and has 275% Attack. ;o

DanMalak
Dec 6, 2007, 12:50 AM
Personally I like all ultimate "neutral" gun pa's since it's better to do normal damage then to have one type of gun pa that could be bad for a mission. Since it's alot harder to get more then one type of gun pa past 11/21+ then having 1 pa and being able to change elements from different weapons. I know I'm not explaining it very well but I hope you get my point atleast... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

KyEmo
Dec 6, 2007, 12:50 AM
Boma Duranga, Twin Mayalee, Killer Shot, the Xbow one.

The more situational ones; Mayalee prism and Mayalee fury.

Bman40
Dec 6, 2007, 12:51 AM
On 2007-12-05 21:48, Uncle_bob wrote:
Boma Duranga is certainly worth it. Drains HP to do incredible damage. Mine is at level 15 and has 275% Attack. ;o

i have to agree with him on that(why do i allways forget somthing=(

caseylott
Dec 6, 2007, 12:51 AM
the best pa bullet is boma durango. For grenade launcher. Does about 6500 hp woth of damage per shot on all the dragons.(de ragan, de ragnus)

RACast_Raiden
Dec 6, 2007, 12:52 AM
Elemental bullets:
Ice, Fire and Dark.

for me...Killer Shot and Boma Duranga are the ones worth getting out of the Ultimate Bullet PAs

Elley
Dec 6, 2007, 02:02 AM
Ahh I was looking for this advice as well. Thanks guys!

CellarDoor
Dec 6, 2007, 02:46 AM
My suggestions would be:

Burning Shot
Killer Shot
Mayalee Shot

All elemental Shotgun Bullets

Boma Duranga

Yak Zagenga

You can get by just fine with these. If you're a fan of Twins or Machine Guns then get elemental bullets for those too I guess, but these bullets will do you just fine.

And if you want some melee suggestions I'd go with Dus Majarra, Spinning Strike, and Buten Shouren-Zan. They are each very useful, especially since we can now have level 20 skills.

SkyCrusader
Dec 6, 2007, 04:49 AM
Are they going to be any new bullet PA's ????

GenesisDX
Dec 6, 2007, 05:33 AM
I'm saving up freags for pentrating shot.

Zorak000
Dec 6, 2007, 06:23 AM
by my calculations, there should be:
4 C-rank (Normal elements)
2 B-rank (Light and dark)
2 A-rank (First 2 Frag PAs)
1 S-rank (Final Frag PA?)

This gives each gun 9 bullets, take into notice how (orginally) the two main gunner classes FG and GT (had) S-rank in 4 types of firearms and the fact that 4 x 9 = 36 and you see where my logic comes from.

DesertGunner
Dec 6, 2007, 07:10 AM
BOMA DURANGA!!!

Mine is at 26 and I can do 1500+ per target! Think of the poor dragons!!!

-Ryuki-
Dec 6, 2007, 07:42 AM
Twin Penetration is NOT that great, to be honest. Sure, you can hit multiple enemies, but the damage isn't as strong as an elemented bullet, let alone, your range is cut in half. No really, your range is crap.

When the new bullets come out, I might not get Penetrating Shot due to the reduced range.

As for solo-ing with bullets.. Well, using a Rifle is a "no duh", so I don't think I have to explain which bullets considering everyone else has been, BUT~

There's much debate between whether or not to use Shotguns or Xbows. Some use both, some use one or the other. If it helps any, Shotguns can shoot 5 bullets, but you don't have as much mobility, and the reload time is slower. Xbows, shoots 3 bullets, you can strafe and whatnot, induces status effects better, but isn't as strong compared to.

DesertGunner
Dec 6, 2007, 07:50 AM
I'd pick shotties over crossbows. I can kill small things around LV. 105-110 in 2-3 shots with my shotty.

Pillan
Dec 6, 2007, 09:12 AM
Just choose a high damage/time gun and get all 6 elements in it. So either shotgun, crossbow, or machinegun, where shotguns are generally the highest damage and machineguns are the lowest, but switch to the highest when the enemy has high EVP and/or is significantly higher level than you.

After that you'll want a first person bullet or collection of bullets. Your two top choices there are rifle and twin handgun, where the rifle offers more range and the twin handgun offers more damage. Mayalee Shot and Twin Maylee work well as general first person rifle/twin handgun if you don't want to level all the elements.

Last you'll want your SE spam collection. Rifles have SE 4 burn, which is the only SE that can land on your 40 STA group (special case large mobs) so Burning Shot is a must. Both crossbows and shotguns work for general SE spam, but crossbows are better against large mobs and casters. Also you should consider Barada Maga, Yak Maga, and Twin Mayalee for the debuff techniques. Barada Maga is probably the most benificial of the three, lowering enemy ATA so you block more as well as lowering their EVP so you hit more. And, finally, get Killer Shot for dealing with robots.

Then there's the special case heavy damage art, Boma Durenga. It gets a 400% ATP mod at level 40, doing great damage in exchange for HP.

Laser cannons and grenades in general are special cases. Besides Boma Durenga, I'd wait until after I was done with my main bullets to even bother with these.

amtalx
Dec 6, 2007, 09:21 AM
All element Shotgun
All element Xbow
All element Laser Cannon
Killer Shot
Yak Zagenga (solo)
Boma Duranga
Mayalee Shot or All element Rifle (only for the brave)
Dark/Ground/Ice/Fire Grenade
Dus Majarra
Spinning Strike
Buten Shuren-zan

That should keep you busy for a while...in no particular order.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 6, 2007, 09:50 AM
My only tip is, don't get any debuff bullets. They're pretty much useless compared to every other bullet, and just take up space.

THE JACKEL

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 02:25 PM
For AOI Fortegunner, I'd say:

Get all 6 elements for Shotgun and Barada Chamga
Get all 6 elements for your favorite 1-handed gun... I like mechs w/ the hilarious stagger.
Get Frozen Prism or Phantasm Prism for laser... or one of the Penetration skills... you need linear shots.
Get Boma Banga, Boma Duranga, maybe Boma Maga (freeze spam is pretty awesome)
Get Burning Shot (for SE), Killer Shot (for SE), and Mayalee Shot (for everything else) for rifle

Billkwando
Dec 6, 2007, 05:30 PM
Where do you buy this BOMA DURANGA?

stukasa
Dec 6, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-12-06 14:30, Billkwando wrote:

Exchange for 50 PA frags at the Parum Guardians branch.

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1304/boma_duranga/

KyEmo
Dec 6, 2007, 05:51 PM
What does Mayalee Shot do? >.>

Billkwando
Dec 6, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-12-06 14:50, stukasa wrote:

On 2007-12-06 14:30, Billkwando wrote:

Exchange for 50 PA frags at the Parum Guardians branch.

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1304/boma_duranga/

Thanks for the prompt and helpful answer. I haven't been around much since the beginning of firebreak.....til now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif