PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate PA bullets for Guntecher

I-am-Evan
Dec 6, 2007, 12:06 AM
I'm about to cash in my PA frags and get myself a first Ultimate PA Bullet..

I'm thinking i want to get either a Twin Handgun or Crossbow PA

if anyone has experience with these PA's...

Twin Penetration
Twin Mayalee
Yak Zagenga
Yak Maga

please let me know what you think of them and which ones you find more effective in combat.

I'm using Arb Biso 8/9 Deathmaker 4/10 and Cubo Mamba 10/10 with my 75 Female Human Guntecher (12) if thats any help.

I'm not to worried about which one costs more

thank you for your advice

Chaosgyro
Dec 6, 2007, 12:20 AM
This thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=162109&forum=22&1) might help. It sounds like neither twin handguns nor crossbows have an ultimate worth worrying about.

Umberger
Dec 6, 2007, 12:24 AM
Twin Penetration...the damage on it is pretty unimpressive, to say the least...and because it lacks an elemental mod, it lacks any redeeming qualities.
Twin Mayalee is a bit useless, seeing as how you can get level 21+ Zalure (only gets DFP Down SE 2), but it's more likely to be useful than Penetration.
Yak Zagenga has a really high damage potential, just be a bit careful with your health...regardless, very good Crossbow PA.
Yak Maga...same thing as Twin Mayalee, but with Jellen.

I've seen Yak Zagenga used quite commonly to great effect, I'd highly recommend it if you are going to take the time to level it up. Yak Maga is 5% stronger (at 1 and 40, Zagenga gains no ATP% from 31-40, so Maga catches up) than Zagenga without the "HP Affects Damage" SE Zagenga has, so if you want pure damage without having to worry about going in to the critical health zone, Maga may be a good alternative.

ATP%s at 1 - 11 - 21 - 31

Twin Penetration: 61% - 71% - 81% - 91%

Twin Mayalee: 121% - 136% - 152% - 171%

Yak Zagenga: 126% - 141% - 156% - 165% (note this has an HP Affects Power SE 1-2-3 at 1-11-21/31 respectively)

Yak Maga: 131% - 141% - 151% - 161%

I-am-Evan
Dec 6, 2007, 12:25 AM
thank you i guess that summed it up pretty well for me.
however i think i might get Yak Zagenga seems to be the most useful

Kion
Dec 6, 2007, 08:27 AM
yak zagenga is a good place to start. The PA makes use of GT's high mobility as you won't have to worry about taking damage. Megistar is a good PA to go with it depending on how much PA space you've used on bullets (normal buffs are more party friendly). Cross + megistar and resta or zalure makes a really good combo. Hikai is hands down the best melee art racks up tons of damage on any bullet resistant monsters you come across.

Killer Shot is a must and mayalee prism can be a pretty vital pinning PA depending on how it's used.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-12-06 05:34 ]</font>

Pillan
Dec 6, 2007, 08:54 AM
Killer Shot is probably the most useful of the ult bullets. It's only great against low STA enemies, but low STA enemies appear far more frequently than the need for a Guntecher to pin down enemies or deal high damage at low HP.

You really won't make much use of Zaganga outside of solo, since you'll most likely be healing the team and reducing your Zaganga damage to below that of opposite element.

Twin Penetration is an often underestimated bullet though. The damage is low, but people often forget that twin handguns have around 3 times the speed of laser cannons, so it would have to be low to balance. (Now if only ST could apply that much thought to slicers...). So the overall damage of the art is around the same as a neutral laser cannon, depending heavily on the bullet level as well as your total ATP, with the advantage of twin handgun mobility in trade for the lack of SE. It's not great and by no means necessary, but it's not bad either.

So none are quite necessary, but I'd recommend you skip the others until after buying Killer Shot.

CelestialBlade
Dec 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
Only two Ult. bullets I have on my GT are Killer Shot and Yak Zagenga. I don't see a point in any other ones.

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 11:45 AM
Both the shotgun frag pa's are hot.

Pillan
Dec 6, 2007, 01:56 PM
Barada Maga is pretty useless since GT's can use zodeel though. They're both the same level thouh. Only thing that changes is range. Chamga, on the other hand, has it's uses.

EDIT:

But, yeah, the most useful fragment arts for GT are (in order) Giresta, Hikai Shuaa-zan, Killer Shot, Spinning Strike, and Regrants. Then you can consider things like Barada Chamga, Yak Zaganga, and Mayalee Prism.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-06 11:15 ]</font>

Aviendha
Dec 6, 2007, 04:49 PM
If you do get Zagenga, get Megistar to help lower your HP safely.

Akaimizu
Dec 8, 2007, 09:38 AM
I actually used Twin Mayalee the most. Yes, the new expansion gives you 21+ Zalure, which is great; but I had Twin Mayalee to 21+ way before the expansion. Still, the Defense down is just as good as Zalure. Loved it before, still love it, but when my debuffs get up there I can put the proper test to it. Of course, for me, I'm in love with stuff like Attack down more than Zalure. A tech, I used even as a Pre-expansion GT because certain monsters really lost a lot with even a level 1 Jellen. (eg. Bil De Vear's Tornado spin attack)

Still, can't say any of those are *killer* PAs. But just like anything else GT gets, it's generally useful, but not anything to seriously power up the class with. Sega seems to be pretty good at maintaining a subtle balance with GTs and not go overboard with them. (Wish they put that consideration into more classes)

Pillan
Dec 8, 2007, 11:39 AM
Twin Mayalee is actually weaker than Zalure and it's very easy to test without leveling up Zalure yourself. Just look at Twin Maylee's 21+ stats and you'll see "DFP down level 2." While Zalure gets level 3 at 21, Twin Mayalee's SE growth stops at 11, making the bullet only worthwhile for FG and fG (AF can get DFP down 3 from cards).

Akaimizu
Dec 10, 2007, 10:27 AM
Well, it's still much better until I get Zalure to 21+. On the other hand, you can't beat the Twin MayaLee long-distance distribution, and not only that, it does good damage now. Love how it now hits for a 160% damage modifier, making it as good as a minor elemental boost. So yes, Zalure will be decent now, but it still doesn't have the reach, nor does it tack on decent damage at the same time. In the time it takes for me to close to Zalure and then start attacking, I basically did something similar and also gave those monsters an extra 600+ damage.

It's certainly not useless, it's just not as Ultimate as the name implies. But as I said, that's always the case for the Guntecher, they generally keep our class in check. They just screw up sometimes, on others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-10 07:28 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Dec 10, 2007, 10:33 AM
Considering elemental Twin Handguns now get a 36% elemental mod at 31+, I'm not sure why you'd use either Ultimate.

Akaimizu
Dec 10, 2007, 10:44 AM
I'm still working on 31+. It takes a LONG time for them to reach that. You know I have had level 30 bullets since before the expansion, and they still haven't hit that 31 yet, but Twin MayaLee isn't really for myself. No, it's for parties. I want to see the extra damage tacked on when 3 or 4 others pound on it. It's kind of a double whammy, when you put it all together.

Twin MayaLee has always been a "for the party" weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-10 07:46 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Dec 10, 2007, 11:21 AM
I'll admit that it takes for-fucking-ever to get to 31 on Dualies, but good god is it worth it.