PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: my re-encounter with the community.

Darkly
Dec 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
well now another community rant - with a twist.

I'm having to start all over again with nothing, my friend has lent me starting out money to get me going but that's it.

Obviously i want to catch up to him as fast as i can, however its hard for me to level when he's not online because nobody wants a lvl. 18 in their party.

Before anyone tells me its their party, i join open c rank parties on the new white dragon mission, I will join a party and then be promtly booted, i wouldn't be botherd if you locked your games - like 95% of the other games are so stop wasting my time.

I actually messaged one guy through recent player list, i told him at least lock your games and stop wasting my time, he replied with i was a low-level.

What the fuck? now come on he was a level 70-something im sure he would have no problem by himself on c, im not going to slow the mission down either so exactly how am i a hinderence?

Being a level 80 something previously, i would welcome anyone so i forgot how damn elitist the entire community is.

drizzle
Dec 6, 2007, 12:26 PM
Tip: Look for parties with people around your own level.

Darkly
Dec 6, 2007, 12:37 PM
what if the only open parties, contain single high levelers, or a high level and one lower level?

it is frustrating, low level people never join a low level because people are obsessed with speed and elitism.

MrNomad
Dec 6, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-12-06 09:37, Darkly wrote:
what if the only open parties, contain single high levelers, or a high level and one lower level?

it is frustrating, low level people never join a low level because people are obsessed with speed and elitism.

Cmon, low level people are SUPPOSED to join other low levels. Thats how its like the way I've seen it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jakosifer
Dec 6, 2007, 01:39 PM
Eh, what I think the OP is saying is: There were no other parties doing the C rank missions (Only ones he can do), and they all had a high level in them one way or another, I'd join and be booted.

<_<Methinkz

Raine_Loire
Dec 6, 2007, 03:11 PM
This is why you do the story mode, get some npc cards and solo it with your buddies Lou and Tonnio. And work on leveling your pm ^_^ I'm 53 and I still rarely party with anyone because I don't like being told how to play lol.

McLaughlin
Dec 6, 2007, 04:07 PM
"I got booted by a high level player while being 50 levels lower than him. This community is elitist."

I love rants about one person reflecting the entire community.

Maybe he did you a favour? He's fifty levels higher than you, on a C Rank mission. Chances are you wouldn't have hit jack shit and you would've wasted 20 minutes. He probably didn't want to slow down for you to tag things.

Low level players play with low level players.

Raine_Loire
Dec 6, 2007, 04:31 PM
Well, the community IS kind of elitist... did you miss someone posting during the 1 up cup that good items shouldn't drop on c because he wouldn't want a bunch of level 30s running around with S rank equipment?

I think the problem is that he couldn't find a low level party.

On the other hand, when I was just starting out, I used to boot high levels who joined my party if they seemed like they were going to run through.

Darkly
Dec 6, 2007, 04:47 PM
I am more than happy to play with multiple lower levels, problem is they only want to play with a high level character to carry them through, what i experienced was, i would join a party with a 50+ and a few low levels like my character, the high level left, and unsuprisingly everyone else did.

Please don't judge me as some idiot, my point was if you have an open party why boot people? if you don't want under 20's joining leave a comment or something. I apologize for slandering the entire community, after all this is a rant right? people elaborate to make a point.

I was used to being a higher level, it was easy, being a low level, people rerally do look down on you, as arbitary as it seems. Please however do not say i'm not suprised they dont want a 20 in their party, because they make no attempt to advertise. This was my original point, people are snobs, elitist whatever the point is i got an unfriendly reception from the majority of parties i entered, is this more clear now?

Raine_Loire
Dec 6, 2007, 05:28 PM
I'd say they don't password their rooms because they DO want people to join... just not ppl like you (low leveled I mean). So why don't they put something in the party comment section saying "Please no one under level XX?" Who knows, maybe they just like to boot people. Just make a party and let them come to you, I guess... This does make me hesitant about joining a party anyway. Not like I WOULD, but if I was CONSIDERING it, this would be a concern. I think if I got booted I'd cry for like 20 minutes and stop playing for a month. Well, the first time I'd just be mad, and I'd leave bad feedback. But if it happened again... yesh.

Darkly
Dec 6, 2007, 05:35 PM
So i hope you understand my frustration, no hint that i'm not wanted, and if people do get a kick out of booting people, then it is fair to say the section of the community I encountered arn't very good. I don't get upset about it, just annoyed because its a GAME and i just want to play with a group as impossible as that sounds.

The signs of this unfriendlier community is everywhere, when i still had my high level, people thanked me for not booting them imagine that?

I suppose being on the 360, being easier to connect to than it was to setup gc etc. attracted more players than the 'hardcore' fans, thus bringing the jerks along too. It's just disheartening to see so much pointless hate and unwelcome attitudes on a game i enjoy.

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 05:56 PM
When I have trouble making a team, I just start one on a busy lobby and see what happens. It's faster to leave the door open for nice people who want to help, than chase after EVERYONE and then find out if they're a jerk or not.

Darkly
Dec 6, 2007, 06:28 PM
^ it's exactly what i used to do, i could solo half-decently as a FF so the more the merrier.

But i doubt many people will join a newbie, over another soloing high level of course. I could start doing that again though, considering it used to work well enough.

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 06:59 PM
They've got to join the noobie sooner or later, considering that the soloing high-level is going to boot them.

BTW those guys are probably hunting resist units, and don't want a chance of sharing the drop. As usual on the internet it's easier to flame and complain than admit you should have locked your game and/or played in an obscure universe.