PDA

View Full Version : AotI: little help with bullet arts please...

majan
Dec 6, 2007, 12:54 PM
so mayalee shot,and boma maga/duranga(whichever has the HP for extra damage)

how are they?are they a serious pain to level up?is the output damage good on mayalee shot?worth the investment?also,I was thiniking of sticking with only fire and dark bullets for shotgun so I can spread those DOT se's nice and fast.any advice on that?I'm trying to keep the fortegunner build nice and simple to minimize the amount of excruciating pa levelling.

any help is appreciated.

stukasa
Dec 6, 2007, 01:14 PM
I can't speak for Mayalee Shot but Boma Duranga is amazing! Totally worth it, even though I pretty much only use it on dragon bosses. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif It's not that hard to level--I've never gone out of my way to level it and it's already 13 or 14 (remember, this is ONLY vs. dragon bosses). It's best used in the company of a dedicated support techer, since you can kill yourself in just a few hits if you're not careful. Expect to have a few suicides here and there, but it's a good tradeoff because dragons die VERY quickly with it. I can only imagine how fast they'd die with multiple fGs spamming it. @.@ If you don't party with any techers, be wary because it's going to cost you a ton of money in trimates. xD Then again, money is easier to come by these days. It's really just up to you..

amtalx
Dec 6, 2007, 01:15 PM
ALL Rifle bullets suck to level up. Grenade Launchers aren't that bad, but Duranga will suck you dry if you don't have a techer around to help out. As far as keeping things "simple", that may not work for a gunner. Unlike fighters, who only have a handful of skills for a given weapon type, gunners have up to 8. Add that to the fact that most hard-hitting gunner weapons are very specialized, and you have a lot of bullet leveling. Gunners can't get away with the "just use Diga" approach. We need elemental bonuses to stay competitive. Unfortunately that means Plains Overlord will become your best friend and worst enemy.

Mayalee Shot:
The only reason to get this is if you aren't going to level your elemental Rifle shots. It has a good ATP mod and it's neutral so you can use it on all bosses. Elemental bullets deal a bit more damage but leveling 6 elements on a Rifle is a big commitment. However, should you chose to level all your elements, forget about Mayalee Shot. Sleep still sucks.

Boma Maga:
Don't.

Boma Duranga:
This eats bosses. It's a pain to level though. Find a techer that needs their Resta leveled and a few more people leveling Duranga. Have fun.

majan
Dec 6, 2007, 01:27 PM
thank you,thank you.I know I can't make it simple,I am however trying to make it as simple as possible with max power.translation:I don't want to waste anything I spend the time levelling.gonna be a fun transition though thanks guys.

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 01:35 PM
If you want to level Boma Duranga solo... get a Kubara launcher, the best Hit S unit you can find (for - ATP), and go killing Grinna Betes or Drua Gohra. Dealing half damage and some 500 ATP less than a normal launcher and arm unit lets you fire a lot of shots per Trimate (... and still for some pretty good damage vs normal elements with full ATP!).

I think Boma Maga is pretty good... the PP cost got a huge decrease, and constantly refreezing a large target is about the best help you can offer the fighters on your team. You don't even need to level it for it to do its thing.

majan
Dec 6, 2007, 03:36 PM
yeah i only mentioned maga because I wasnt sure which one it was,maga or duraga.I only intend to use launchers for the high damage one for bosses or large enemies but thanks.

think Ive made the setup,just gotta get the frags now...looking like itll be...

twin handguns,mostly for mayalee and ice,
rifles for mayalee for normal damage,dark/fire for SE
shotguns for dark/fire SE spreading
crossbows with the one and only yak zagenga
launchers with duraga for bosses and things I want to kill very quickly

panzer_unit
Dec 6, 2007, 03:56 PM
Ugh, don't bother with Fire on an SE2-only weapon like shotgun. Dark is way better at SE1-2. Fire on a laser would eventually hit SE3, which is quite good, and it would be on a laser which is even better.

Boma Duranga as your only grenade bullet? I don't think you would use your grenade launcher often enough. It's more of a "special occasions" thing. Regular grenades go up to 290% or something BTW.