PDA

View Full Version : Where does the Rattlesnake drop/Where's the best place to fa

supacasey
Dec 6, 2007, 02:06 PM
My friend and I are going to try to hunt down the infamous Rattlesnake, but frankly we have no idea where it drops, let alone where the best place to farm would be. I know it says Desert Goliath S2 in the item database, but it said Desert Goliath S for the Blackbull yet people on the forums here say True Darkness is the best place to get one. So does anyone know a good mission to get a Rattlesnake?

kyle21
Dec 6, 2007, 02:09 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/1853/board_rattlesnake/

supacasey
Dec 6, 2007, 02:13 PM
On 2007-12-06 11:13, desturel wrote:
Desert Goliath S2 is the only place to farm for Rattlesnake.

Blackbull, on the other hand, drops multiple placed. Desert Goliath S in the boss box. True Darkness S in the boss box. Seed Awakening S in the boss box. Endrum Remnants S2 drop from Grinna Bete S. Desert Goliath S2 drop from Grinna Bete S.

Anyway Desert Goliath S2 is a relatively easy run up to the boss, but boss box drops have a horrible drop rate. Hopefully you get lucky and get one within a few weeks of doing the run.

Forgot to mention Stolen Weapon S2 in the boss box, but better to do Desert Goliath than Stolen Weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-12-06 11:14 ]</font>

A few weeks?? Even with the three star luck we have because of 1UP? *eye twitches* So then I guess the best place to farm if I wanted the Blackbull AND the Rattlesnake would be Desert Goliath S2, hm? Would the odds of finding a Blackbull off of a Grinne Beta S be about the same as finding one in the boss box of True Darkness S?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: supacasey on 2007-12-06 11:17 ]</font>

desturel
Dec 6, 2007, 02:13 PM

Blackbull, on the other hand, drops multiple placed. Desert Goliath S in the boss box. True Darkness S in the boss box. Seed Awakening S in the boss box. Endrum Remnants S2 drop from Grinna Bete S. Desert Goliath S2 drop from Grinna Bete S.

Anyway Desert Goliath S2 is a relatively easy run up to the boss, but boss box drops have a horrible drop rate. Hopefully you get lucky and get one within a few weeks of doing the run.

Forgot to mention Stolen Weapon S2 in the boss box, but better to do Desert Goliath than Stolen Weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-12-06 11:14 ]</font>

icedraggon
Dec 6, 2007, 02:17 PM
yeah it is the only place http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif however if you need an extra gunner let me know i would love to give a hand no one want to run that mission with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RedMussel
Dec 6, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-12-06 11:13, supacasey wrote:

On 2007-12-06 11:13, desturel wrote:

A few weeks?? Even with the three star luck we have because of 1UP? *eye twitches* So then I guess the best place to farm if I wanted the Blackbull AND the Rattlesnake would be Desert Goliath S2, hm? Would the odds of finding a Blackbull off of a Grinne Beta S be about the same as finding one in the boss box of True Darkness S?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: supacasey on 2007-12-06 11:17 ]</font>
I no people who are still doing the mission for the rattlesnake non stop when it first came out, and that was awhile ago.

desturel
Dec 6, 2007, 02:53 PM
A few weeks??

A few weeks is if you get lucky. 3* luck doesn't help boss box drops. Let me put it another way, I ran Grove of Fanatics for three months without doing any other run for Rikauteri. It dropped once. I have a friend who has also been running GoF for Needle Cannon since GoF S2 came out and is still running GoF S2. He hasn't found it.

I was offered a trade for Needle Cannon, Muktengek, Ank Zagaza, Ank Dedda and Huge Cutter for Rikauteri. I almost accepted to give my friend the Needle Cannon, but declined because I didn't want to go back to the endless hunt for another Rikauteri (that and I don't have a Fortefighter so I couldn't use any of the other stuff).

Heck, if you are lucky you could get Rattlesnake on your first run, but if it was that easy to get, everyone would have one by now.

As for getting the Blackbull from the Grinna Bete S, True Darkness is definitely the way to go. Grinna Bete S are rare enemies. Rare map hunting sucks. If you happen to run across a Grinna Bete S while hunting Desert Goliath, then cross your fingers. Otherwise, don't bother with the endless restarts to try and find the right map.

JAFO22000
Dec 6, 2007, 02:58 PM
A few weeks?? Even with the three star luck we have because of 1UP?

Where's Remedy?????

supacasey
Dec 6, 2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

amtalx
Dec 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-12-06 11:53, desturel wrote:

As for getting the Blackbull from the Grinna Bete S, True Darkness is definitely the way to go. Grinna Bete S are rare enemies. Rare map hunting sucks. If you happen to run across a Grinna Bete S while hunting Desert Goliath, then cross your fingers. Otherwise, don't bother with the endless restarts to try and find the right map.

What level does the Grinna Bette S need to be to drop a Blackbull? Lost Weapon has 3 guaranteed Grinna Bette S, but I don't know what level the enemies are on S2 since NO ON EVER RUNS THAT MISSION. You'll need a full party though...

dogg1000
Dec 6, 2007, 05:19 PM
Grina bete needs to be 100+ for blackbull drop and there are no grina bete S in desert goliath only bee's. =/

Ssslither
Dec 6, 2007, 05:26 PM
I got my Rattlesnake board the last day of the 1 up cup in Moatoob on the boss box drop when I had 3*. Sold it for 50 MIL to Sammy - You probably wont get it with our super luck days, but remember to go after it with 3* luck in the desert...

jayster
Dec 6, 2007, 05:28 PM
I started soloing this mission not long ago. I'm currently on run 19 of my rattlesnake / shigga baret hunt..... maybe one day :/

On a side note, can anyone confirm Grinna Bette S's on Dessert Goliath?

desturel
Dec 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-12-06 14:28, jayster wrote:
On a side note, can anyone confirm Grinna Bette S's on Dessert Goliath?

Unless they got rid of them, then they should still be there. Rare map only. There are no Grinna Bete S in AMF Military Base and the Grinna Bete S in Stolen Weapon aren't level 100.

Adding link:
http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary/psu/1/76/grinna_bete_s/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-12-06 14:43 ]</font>

Wallin
Dec 6, 2007, 05:51 PM
Could be totally unrelated, but they didn't change the drop rate or anything with AoI? I know some people were finding Crea Doubles a lot more frequently than before now.

jayster
Dec 6, 2007, 05:53 PM
Drops rates have only been changed with AOI missions with an exception of area drops and resist units where they have had their rates highered. Nothing else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-12-06 14:54 ]</font>

dogg1000
Dec 6, 2007, 11:21 PM
Well idk if I can comfirm it but ive gotten several rare spawns at DG and you do not get grina bete S.

DesertGunner
Dec 7, 2007, 06:47 AM
*Edit* I'm sorry! lemme make this PG-13...
I have some things to say:

Sammy is a dumbass for even trying to sell his Rattlesnake (turns out he was just seeing how high offers would go. Fruitloop...)

As far as I know, there aren't Grinna Bete S's on DG S2. I've only encountered the red Bugges.

Don't waste your time there. It's a pain in the ass (even with another person) and there are slow-down issues with that place like in Sacred Stream. Even if you have the integrity to do that mission for hours straight, it's very unlikely your friend will have the same. After like 3 runs, my friend just said whatever and ran back to the AoTI missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DesertGunner on 2007-12-07 04:06 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Dec 7, 2007, 06:57 AM
DG, you can get in trouble with that post of yours. Just wanted to let you know, if you cared >.>

DesertGunner
Dec 7, 2007, 06:58 AM
what do you mean? If you're talking about me flaming sammy, the douchebag doesn't even post here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DesertGunner on 2007-12-07 04:03 ]</font>

toxic_rf
Dec 7, 2007, 07:06 AM
On 2007-12-06 20:21, dogg1000 wrote:
Well idk if I can comfirm it but ive gotten several rare spawns at DG and you do not get grina bete S.
Same here.

The rare creatures on Desert Goliath are red bees, not Grinne Bete S.

The mission has been totally revamped from its earlier incarnation, it used to have several groups of Grinne Bete C's in every room, but it's full of little robots and Endrum guys nowadays.

DesertGunner
Dec 7, 2007, 07:09 AM
OH GOD!!! I have horrible memories of the pre-AoTI update. WAAAAAAAAY too many Grinna Bete C's in that place. I just wish they would lower the amount of those damn heat-seeker robots. I don't appreciate Sega's shitty programming, allowing the homing rockets to do 180-degree turns and also the ability to go through walls. I wasted more scapes on them than the damn boss!

toxic_rf
Dec 7, 2007, 07:40 AM
Conversely, I'd like it to go back to how it was, with Grinne Bete C's in every room. Most of the old missions seem very easy nowadays, even on S2, so a bit of difficulty now and then is very welcome.

Didn't Endrum used to spawn 7 Grinne Bete C's in the final room before the mission rebalancing? That was awesome.

Ssslither
Dec 7, 2007, 09:16 AM
DG - You must think I am a dumbass for selling the board huh? 50 MIL richer and my 10 grinded phantoms work just fine lol...

jayster
Dec 7, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2007-12-07 06:16, Ssslither wrote:
DG - You must think I am a dumbass for selling the board huh? 50 MIL richer and my 10 grinded phantoms work just fine lol...

I would have bought the rattlesnake board for 50 million in a heart beat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh well, I'm starting my 24th solo run of Dessert Goliath S2 soon. I will find my rattlesnake..... This mission loves to trick me though, I'v got a Rabol Asted board and a scape doll board from the boss boxes now :/

Ssslither
Dec 7, 2007, 09:36 AM
For just the board? So go buy the Rifle for 80 then. I'll be farming Moatoob this weekend for another one if anyone cares to come with, yeah I'm a GT - for the weak... lol