PDA

View Full Version : Buy Rite... How bad was it for you:

Percival
Jan 8, 2003, 04:54 PM
Ok. That's the second time out of two I have trouble getting the stuff I ordered from buy rite. I've heard from others that they had similar problems. I'd like to hear about you. Please vote.

Ness
Jan 8, 2003, 05:39 PM
I never orederd from buyrite ( I was smart) my best friend did however. He ordered a codebreaker for DC last year he still hasn't got it. uyrite reeally knows how to screw over their customers.

neko-chan
Jan 9, 2003, 05:52 AM
I had endless problems with those losers.

Stuff supposed to be available (while not)
Stuff supposed to be shipped (while not)
Non existant customers support, unkind clerks, had to recall them every time to obtain my tracking numbers, etc...

They are the worst videogames shop ever.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 10, 2003, 12:04 AM
Buyrite sucks so hard. I ordered a PS and it took me a MONTH to get it, and then I ordered two CvSNKs and two VMUs, and I only got a used one and a used game in the mail...........1!

Percival
Jan 15, 2003, 09:24 AM
Ok. They cashed my payment 17 days ago and I still haven't heard of 'em. I asked for express delivery by the way. Now I asked for a refund... let's see how this turns out.

Atax
Jan 15, 2003, 09:28 AM
On 2003-01-15 06:24, Percival wrote:
Now I asked for a refund... let's see how this turns out.

Prepare for an up hill battle, if you want a refund from them.

Percival
Jan 16, 2003, 08:58 AM
I know. ^_^ I guess it's hard to battle with someone you can't even contact.

I've sent them dozens of messages through emails and internet. No awnsers. I tryed calling them by phone... presses pound sign to talk to aomeone as instructed... guess what, it hangs up. Veerrrrrrrrry funny guys. Whats more, every time I call them I get to hear their phony jingle: "And remember... If you're not buying buy rite, your not buying right." Hilarious. I did buy but-rite but if feels as if I haven't bought anything at all... except the losing my money part. I've seen frauds with better client service. I know they won't want to reimburse me and I don't think I want them to reimburse me either because I'll have to pay a 20% restocking fee plus shipping. I'm better off trying to sell it on ebay or on PSOW. That is if I ever see that package.

Thanks for listening to my rambling. I just want to make sure nobody on PSOW has to go through this.

Percival
Jan 22, 2003, 11:31 AM
UPDATE:

23 days and counting...

still havent heard from them even though I emailed them multiple time since last report.

I've sent 'em a money request through paypal... ^_^ Lets see how they will react.

AdamW
Jan 22, 2003, 11:11 PM
Can't the BBB help in this matter? These Buy-Rite wads sound like they're running a real tight scam if they still haven't been busted.

Percival
Jan 23, 2003, 01:06 PM
Thanks AdamW, I followed you advince and filed a complaint against buy rite. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Percival
Jan 23, 2003, 07:41 PM
Hahaha... is'nt it sweet. I've just been contacted by Buy-Rite. Either they read this forum or either the Better Business Bureau is very quick to act. They just told me... in a very generic-and-copy-pasted email, that my order has been processed.

Wow! It took them 25 DAYS to process my IN-STOCK order for which I PAID EXTRA for 2-3 DAYS (not weeks) EXPRESS delivery.

The email was too informal for my taste. Not a single word nor explanation why it took so long and why they never awnsered my mails. I won't let them off so easyly.

Stay tuned for more in the coming days. ^_^

Percival
Jan 30, 2003, 09:56 AM
The End?

Ok here is the conclusion of my adventure:

After filing a complaint with the B.B.B., I finally received my Broadband Adapter (I had already bought another one 2 weeks earlier). So, I received my IN-STOCK-3-DAYS-EXPRESS-SHIPPING-Gamecube-Broadband-Adapter a WHOLE month after I placed my order.

And they never awnsered any of my emails/calls.

Oh by the way. the BBA I received was shipped in a damaged box and it is a japanese broadband adapter NOT FOR SALE AND USE OUTSIDE OF JAPAN. At least it works ok in my gamecube, it's just that BuyRite has very "funny" business practice.

Cloud_01
Jan 31, 2003, 01:03 AM
Cheap bastards. I hope they go out of business!

rbf2000
Jan 31, 2003, 03:00 AM
I ordered from them. I got a controller that wasn't in it's original box. I also bought a black GBA. The GBA was fine, and the controller was fine, but I'd rather not buy from them again.

Percival
Jan 31, 2003, 07:36 AM
I think they may be cheating us on shipping charges for extra cash. Hense the "not original box thingy"

I had to pay $30!!! for having that little 1x4x5 inches box shipped to me.

HEY! WAIT A MINUTE!!! They did cheat me on shipping charges! I checked on the express mail envelope: Total postage and fee: $15.50. Yup, they indeed charged me an extra $14.50 that I shall call: "The-Buy-Rite-Tax" Maybe it will be used to fund their inexistant client services.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Percival on 2003-01-31 04:40 ]</font>