PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Sacred Stream - they know it's broken.

chu-chu-chu
Dec 6, 2007, 08:27 PM
Response (Jake) 12/06/2007 02:58 PM
This issue has been reported to Sonic Team and will be addressed in a future Xbox title update.

-SEGA Support

Phantomface
Dec 6, 2007, 08:33 PM
huh?

HFlowen
Dec 6, 2007, 08:34 PM
Title update?

Uh oh...

beatrixkiddo
Dec 6, 2007, 08:38 PM
The mission apparently causes 360 users to experience heavy slowdown.

LightBreaker
Dec 6, 2007, 08:48 PM
Heavy somewhat of an understatement. lulz It carries out of mission to everywhere else in the game up until you log in and out of live.

Turb0
Dec 6, 2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, it's extremely bad slowdown. It took a friend and I 55 minutes to do an S because of the lag. Haven't touched the mission since.

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2007, 12:05 AM
So they're gonna address the slowdown for one run, yet do nothing for the rest of the game.

Such winners we got batting for us, eh?

Rasputin
Dec 7, 2007, 02:13 AM
On 2007-12-06 21:05, Broodstar1337 wrote:
So they're gonna address the slowdown for one run, yet do nothing for the rest of the game.

At least they're doing something. Some people...

Chuck_Norris
Dec 7, 2007, 02:18 AM
On 2007-12-06 23:13, Rasputin wrote:

On 2007-12-06 21:05, Broodstar1337 wrote:

At least they're doing something. Some people...

You act like it's ok they have problems like this. This game should have been coded better from the start. It doesn't matter how fun a game is to play, when you can't actually play it.

Aries2384
Dec 7, 2007, 03:16 AM
I seem to be playing it just fine. Aside from server maintenance and that ONE mission that has a bug in it. Gosh, I guess you'll just have to go play one of the OTHER missions. A game is not broken when one mission is bugged.

IsoDonk
Dec 7, 2007, 04:48 AM
A tip for anyone wanting to run Sacred Stream -

This works for me and a friend, but it may not work for you. However.

When you first go into Sacred Stream, you'll get one of three rooms - one is a wide room with gates ahead, one is a small, square room with a door on the right and one is a small room with a door on the left.

If you keep restarting until you get the door on the left, and you get the archers in the first room, then you will have a map that contains no Blue Robots. Red Robots are fine (and they drop the [B] Hirokteri http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ), but we've found that as soon as you see Blue Robots, your XBox will start chugging within about 10 minutes.

It's not ideal, and restarting can get a bit annoying at times, but it means that you can at least play the mission http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Give it a try and see if it helps you. I'd be interested to hear.

ThaPrez2k5
Dec 7, 2007, 05:53 AM
yea the same thing is for Desert goliath i ran 1 mission fine then so much lag and it caused lag for every mission even online story mode thing...i tried different universes but lag in every frickin mission after doing that run but at least i got some maps up on that other site the .info one looks sloppy but still its there still haven't seen a grinne bete s on that mission yet though

DesertGunner
Dec 7, 2007, 06:29 AM
Yeah. This bug isn't just for Sacred Stream. I started Desert Goliath without even going to Neudaiz and this shit still happens.

Chaosgyro
Dec 7, 2007, 06:43 AM
Well then, maybe what they're fixing isn't sacred Stream. Maybe they're fixing the problem that causes it to occur in Desert Goliath too. Deductive reasoning ftw...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaosgyro on 2007-12-07 03:50 ]</font>

toxic_rf
Dec 7, 2007, 06:55 AM
On 2007-12-07 01:48, IsoDonk wrote:
A tip for anyone wanting to run Sacred Stream -

This works for me and a friend, but it may not work for you. However.
Hello Donk. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Er, yeah. I've found it to be Blue Robots that cause the slowdown.

White Beast has no Blue Robots and there is no slowdown.

Forest Infiltration has Blue Robots and it can cause slowdown.

Shishi-O
Dec 7, 2007, 07:12 AM
i only want shinowa line. fix so i get shinowa line

amtalx
Dec 7, 2007, 07:37 AM
On 2007-12-07 00:16, Aries2384 wrote:
I seem to be playing it just fine. Aside from server maintenance and that ONE mission that has a bug in it. Gosh, I guess you'll just have to go play one of the OTHER missions. A game is not broken when one mission is bugged.

From a QA standpoint, yes it is. I manage a team of testers whose job it is to make sure these kind of bugs NEVER make it to market (needless to say, I don't work for ST). This kind of stuff means either someone isn't doing their job, or they don't care. I've fired people for less.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2007-12-07 04:48 ]</font>

Kairi_Li
Dec 7, 2007, 07:47 AM
Considering the insane amount of bugs the JP servers always get (as Menochi once said to me, and I am paraphrasing "Welcome to JP servers, we get faster updates but test ALL the bugs"), its proof enough that Sonic Team does not care about quality checking or bug testing. A couple of internal testing and public beta testing would have fixed alot of problems, like this one or the PC voice thing.

Then again, Sonic Team doesn't even care about their mascot's latest game in terms of bugs, why would they care about this title?