PDA

View Full Version : I AM BEOWULF!!

Moo2u
Dec 6, 2007, 11:04 PM
Step 1: Watch Beowulf
Step 2: Take a shot every time someone says Beowulf
Step 3: I'ma...ur...um...repeat step 2...

Blitzkommando
Dec 7, 2007, 12:21 AM
I AM... LEONIDAS! Same thing.

Beowulf was alright. But it strayed too much from the story for me to enjoy it. :|

Ketchup345
Dec 7, 2007, 12:26 AM
I think I want to see it. I liked the story when I read it (and Grendel) in one of my high school English classes, and downloaded some version of it from Project Gutenberg.

Blitzkommando
Dec 7, 2007, 12:31 AM
On 2007-12-06 21:26, Ketchup345 wrote:
I think I want to see it. I liked the story when I read it (and Grendel) in one of my high school English classes, and downloaded some version of it from Project Gutenberg.

Just keep in mind the movie is very, very different from the book. It was frankly depressing as it was so far away in several key respects. I was hoping for a close to the poem movie and didn't read up enough on the movie before seeing it and as a result was disappointed. It's fairly good if you go in knowing the story is going to be completely different but nothing spectacular. Well, unless you want to see Angelina Jolie naked in which case you'll be very satisfied.

Ketchup345
Dec 7, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-12-06 21:31, Norvekh wrote:
Just keep in mind the movie is very, very different from the book. It was frankly depressing as it was so far away in several key respects. I was hoping for a close to the poem movie and didn't read up enough on the movie before seeing it and as a result was disappointed. It's fairly good if you go in knowing the story is going to be completely different but nothing spectacular. Well, unless you want to see Angelina Jolie naked in which case you'll be very satisfied.OK, thanks. After taking a Film as Literature class, I have realized just about every book based movie leaves out major parts (which is too bad, some of the best parts of Jurassic Park were left out, ad a whole storyline of Jaws was ignored).

AlexCraig
Dec 7, 2007, 01:05 AM
I AM ALEX!!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 7, 2007, 01:17 AM
I AM SKUDA(HULK)!!

Sord
Dec 7, 2007, 01:26 AM
On 2007-12-06 21:45, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2007-12-06 21:31, Norvekh wrote:
Just keep in mind the movie is very, very different from the book. It was frankly depressing as it was so far away in several key respects. I was hoping for a close to the poem movie and didn't read up enough on the movie before seeing it and as a result was disappointed. It's fairly good if you go in knowing the story is going to be completely different but nothing spectacular. Well, unless you want to see Angelina Jolie naked in which case you'll be very satisfied.OK, thanks. After taking a Film as Literature class, I have realized just about every book based movie leaves out major parts (which is too bad, some of the best parts of Jurassic Park were left out, ad a whole storyline of Jaws was ignored).

didn't read jaws but jurassic park book was indeed better. Though the annoying little girl kept pissing me off.

Weeaboolits
Dec 7, 2007, 01:39 AM
Yeah, The book was a lot better, and why the hell did they swap the kids' personalities in the movie? The bastards. ;(

Nai_Calus
Dec 7, 2007, 03:14 AM
Never read the poem, probably not going to see the movie.

Uncle_bob
Dec 7, 2007, 03:16 AM
In before "epic"

Skuda
Dec 7, 2007, 03:19 AM
I guess I AM HAYABUSA!...?

:<

Nai_Calus
Dec 7, 2007, 03:24 AM
Well, if your are, here's that picture I took of you.

http://www.iankunx.net/lape2.jpg

Moo2u
Dec 7, 2007, 01:54 PM
On 2007-12-06 21:21, Norvekh wrote:
I AM... LEONIDAS! Same thing.

Beowulf was alright. But it strayed too much from the story for me to enjoy it. :|

Every time someone says SPARTA you take a shot...

ShinMaruku
Dec 7, 2007, 01:59 PM
THIS IS SPARTAAA!
On a funny note, while Leonidas is Greek the actor is a Scot thus has more connection to beowulf than he does to Leonidas.

Moo2u
Dec 7, 2007, 02:05 PM
It's not funny "ha ha" but it's funny "...huh..."

ShinMaruku
Dec 7, 2007, 02:12 PM
PNP.