PDA

View Full Version : Ok question.

Rosenkrantz
Dec 7, 2007, 12:37 AM
Ok i experience a lot of lag once the group gets to 5 or 6 players on the new missions, also im on playstation 2. My questions r these: Is psu better on the computer or playstation 2?, And can u use my playstation 2 account on the Pc verison?

HFlowen
Dec 7, 2007, 12:39 AM
Depends on your PC and yes, ps2/pc accounts are linked.

A higher end PC runs PSU the best of the three platforms.

Rosenkrantz
Dec 7, 2007, 12:41 AM
thanks, my computer can run everquest 2 very smoothly, i mean virtually no lag, so does that mean pc verison on psu would run good on my computer........as u can tell im not a tech person lol

HFlowen
Dec 7, 2007, 12:51 AM
There should be a topic... somewhere....

"The official 'Will my PC run PSU?' Topic"

Probably in the stickies. Anyway, PSU is not coded well, at all, it requires a PC higher than it really should to run PSU perfectly. But the PC version can frameskip and turn off certain effects to optimise playability depending on the computer.

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2007, 12:56 AM
On 2007-12-06 21:51, HFlowen wrote:
There should be a topic... somewhere....

"The official 'Will my PC run PSU?' Topic"

Probably in the stickies. Anyway, PSU is not coded well, at all, it requires a PC higher than it really should to run PSU perfectly. But the PC version can frameskip and turn off certain effects to optimise playability depending on the computer.

That's the thing with all PC games. You come to learn that games run like ass when you got the recommended setup and are downright unplayable with the minimum setup.

It wasn't until I got a GeForce 7600GT and doubled my RAM (currently running with 2 GBs) that I was able to play PSU smoothly. It may take less than that, but why bother?

beatrixkiddo
Dec 7, 2007, 01:13 AM
A hefty deal of it is GameGuard~

HFlowen
Dec 7, 2007, 01:14 AM
Guh, server lag hits at the most annoying times, now I've forgotten how I wanted to reword my post.

Sinaku
Dec 7, 2007, 01:15 AM
PSU is not a difficult game to run at all. I know people who play it on outdated laptops and a pc with nvidia 4500 (or sumwhere in the 4000s) and it runs fine, graphics of course have to be tuned down for the 4500, but overall PSU is a rather easy game to run. You should be fine.