PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a platform

SightTDW
Dec 7, 2007, 12:46 AM
I've decided to finally get back to PSU after the holidays, and my options are a little more open than before. I played the PS2 version for the first month of the game's release, but things came up and I didn't have the time to play. Never got around to it again.

The deciding factor being server population now. Do I go to the 360 or the PC version?

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2007, 12:49 AM
Don't people ever lurk moar before posting these threads?

SightTDW
Dec 7, 2007, 12:51 AM
I spent the last two hours searching the forums, but found no definite answer, although signs pointed towards the 360, but one never can lurk enough.

SolRiver
Dec 7, 2007, 12:54 AM
If you got a good PC, I don't see why you would want it on console.

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2007, 12:58 AM
On 2007-12-06 21:51, SightTDW wrote:
I spent the last two hours searching the forums, but found no definite answer, although signs pointed towards the 360, but one never can lurk enough.

You lurked plenty in order to find the answer.

It is the 360.

I just wish people would research more before making these kinds of threads. The answers can be right in front of you half the time, whether they come from a database or through older community discussion...

Freshellent
Dec 7, 2007, 01:06 AM
You'd prolly want a next gen console anyway.With new titles coming out for it,it's a great investment anyhow. 360 has a thriving community with plenty of people playing. It's likely that you'll always have a party and should be fairly simple for you to start off on their servers.

There's even a player match-up forum on here,where you can request help, meet people and the like. 360 usually gets all the nice do-dads like statues before PC/PS2 do as well. The great thing about 360 is that all you really need is a broadband connection to get going. You won't have to worry about your computer having to be up to date,or anything in that regards.

Don't let the posters on here dictate what you think about the game negatively.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Icespike on 2007-12-06 22:11 ]</font>

SightTDW
Dec 7, 2007, 01:06 AM
There were older threads on this, but this is the sort of thing that needs current information.

As specs are far from an issue I suppose PC should be fine, and as long as both servers have decent populations I don't see why it would really matter then. I wouldn't mind seeing if I could recover my old character while I was at it.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 7, 2007, 02:20 AM
360 version if you have a 360. Both communities are good though. just easier to find random groups on 360 due to the larger population.

juno-6
Dec 7, 2007, 02:30 AM
server population?

go 360.

DoubleJG
Dec 7, 2007, 02:46 AM
Get it for the Wii.