PDA

View Full Version : What's the best choice?

Blue-Hawk
Dec 7, 2007, 08:15 AM
Ok, you should remember that I only was able to play the original PSU offline only so I never got to use any of the cross-class jobs.

So, I ask what's the best for someone new to it as a beast hunter, newman force and cast ranger for now? Like the pro's and con's of each. Thanks for any and all input.

Oh, and please do NOT say about forces being support only. If that's how all of you feel, mines only going to be a solo farmer then.

Reginaldo
Dec 7, 2007, 08:17 AM
Your best bet is to look at the weapon selection each class has, and pick the class with your favorites.

amtalx
Dec 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
It's going to be hard to pick a class without playing it first. Since changing classes is so easy and PA space is no longer an issue, I would recommend trying all of them. If you plan on soloing, I would say Fortegunner or Guntecher though.

StkDrowsy
Dec 7, 2007, 08:26 AM
basicly its 3 things,
Force - nuke with rocks, fireballs, ice walls, and all those, plus heal yourself, -meele sucks
Hunter- no tech, but amazing bashing damage, like beating up stuff in the face-
Ranger-further away, use mostly guns (duh), got some long range riffles, but you can get closer with some double pistols or suthim

-Asheth-
Dec 7, 2007, 08:31 AM
On 2007-12-07 05:15, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Ok, you should remember that I only was able to play the original PSU offline only so I never got to use any of the cross-class jobs.

So, I ask what's the best for someone new to it as a beast hunter, newman force and cast ranger for now? Like the pro's and con's of each. Thanks for any and all input.

Oh, and please do NOT say about forces being support only. If that's how all of you feel, mines only going to be a solo farmer then.

Umm I am sure that there is more than enough information around here for you to determine that decision its not like the game hasnt been out for about 1 1/2 years. Umm yea

Blue-Hawk
Dec 7, 2007, 01:26 PM
I'm just asking for some feedback about the classes. Good and bad points.

kissablepimp
Dec 7, 2007, 01:38 PM
Force good damage with tech but low DFP. Hunters good DFP and ATP but close range combat and last but not lease is ranger good long range attacks and good close range attacks with good ATP. Human good all around, Cast good ATP, and Newman good Tech

Pengfishh
Dec 7, 2007, 01:45 PM
I'll cover hunters since I've played a few:

Fighgunner -- Your HunterRanger hybrid. Access to some very good guns (Mechs and Twins, mm mm mm) and a huge array of melee weapons, including the exclusive Doublesaber. Very versatile class if played well.

Fortefighter -- Tank? Yup. Uses two handed melee weapons, including exclusive Axe, to essentially hit things very hard. Gets a natural PP save (Skill Arts use less PP). Cons, well, the only ranged weapons they have access to are the Handgun and Slicer, if that's something you care about.

Wartecher -- While I haven't played this class much, I am intrigued. Seems to be an extremely versatile class with many options in playstyle. Common melee with attack techs, common melee with support techs -- golly, you can do just about anything. Weapon selection is expanding soon, apparently, and folks are saying Wartecher will only get better because of it.

Acrofighter -- My new personal favorite. Focus on single handed weapons. Access to Cards (awesome), Shadoogs, and Slicers. Also gets a natural boost in attack speed (superawesome).

So there you go.

Aralia
Dec 7, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-12-07 10:38, kissablepimp wrote:
Force good damage with tech but low DFP. Hunters good DFP and ATP but close range combat and last but not lease is ranger good long range attacks and good close range attacks with good ATP. Human good all around, Cast good ATA and fairly high ATP, Beast high ATP and moderate ATA, and Newman good Tech

Fix'd =D