PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Love that Community Spirit

B0Bomb
Dec 7, 2007, 09:42 AM
So yeah, Im on Uni 15 last night wanting to do a few White Dragon runs. To my pleasant surprise, I find a few PSOW people in the lobby and had high hopes of joining them since I don't get to play much these days thanks to college.

But Lo and Behold, upon asking the supposed party leader if I can join, I get told No because they don't know who I am.

And here I thought communities were made so that people could join and meet people to play with, not be subject to elitism.

So thanks, PSOW, for showing me the truth.

jobber
Dec 7, 2007, 09:44 AM
you unhappy?

Ssslither
Dec 7, 2007, 09:47 AM
Why uni 15 to find a party? The only time I come off of Uni 1, 2 or 3 is when I have a close party hunting for things...

-Asheth-
Dec 7, 2007, 09:48 AM
1. Im sure you will be able to party with some people from here now that you posted this.

2. You should post in the player matchup forum that your looking for people to play with that will help too.

3. If you need someone to party with I would gladly join up.

4. Alot of people play with a set group here for the most part.

B0Bomb
Dec 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
In a nutshell, yeah.

I usually jump onto Uni 15 for a few minutes to see if anyone is on any of the high traffic missions, and when there are people on, it's usually the same reaction when I ask.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: B0Bomb on 2007-12-07 07:03 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Dec 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
well that does suck BObomb, but I ran into a PSOW member before and we had a good run (PC servers by the way) so I'm hoping that you ran into the few of the community that would do that. I mean, how much would that suck if the majority of people did that?

omegapirate2k
Dec 7, 2007, 09:58 AM
Name some names so I may bust balls, ect.

Also, I'll invite you to team 360 so people might know who you are!

Laranas
Dec 7, 2007, 10:03 AM
I've only met up with one person through PSOW... I tend to miss out on the meet ups and most of the members are a lot higher in level.. or they already have full parties and don't want a stranger to mess out the feng shui of their party

amtalx
Dec 7, 2007, 10:04 AM
Was it a PSOW team? PSOWers do tend to collect on Uni 15, but by no means is it an exclusive club. They may have been some random party that just happened to land their ship on Uni 15.

B0Bomb
Dec 7, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-12-07 06:58, omegapirate2k wrote:

Sorry, I didn't take down the names when this happened. The only person I recognized was Rizen, but he was nice enough to apologize for the other person being rude.

omegapirate2k
Dec 7, 2007, 10:10 AM
On 2007-12-07 07:06, B0Bomb wrote:

Sorry, I didn't take down the names when this happened. The only person I recognized was Rizen, but he was nice enough to apologize for the other person being rude.

XD I'll ask rizen about it, if it's who I think it is it's because they have trust issues or sommat.

But yeah, if you join team 360, and we have meetups in the future (and we usually do for significant events) then you get a team PM about it, meetups are a good place to meet members of the 360 PSOW community.

-Asheth-
Dec 7, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-12-07 07:10, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-12-07 07:06, B0Bomb wrote:

XD I'll ask rizen about it, if it's who I think it is it's because they have trust issues or sommat.

But yeah, if you join team 360, and we have meetups in the future (and we usually do for significant events) then you get a team PM about it, meetups are a good place to meet members of the 360 PSOW community.

Yea Team 360 is really good to join good members

PM Sent to you B0BOMB

Iduno
Dec 7, 2007, 10:31 AM
well some partys do like to go to the more empty servers to be on their own if you just want to join any party go for the highest traffic universes available

-Asheth-
Dec 7, 2007, 10:32 AM
Pm Sent to you B0BOMB

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2007, 10:32 AM
PSOW or no PSOW... we're still playing on the 360.

XD

Iduno
Dec 7, 2007, 10:42 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifyay another wii poster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

B0Bomb
Dec 7, 2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks everyone for the positive overall feeling Ive been getting. I understand there are those out there who feel the need to act stuck-up just because they dedicate X+1 hours more than other people do, but at least there are still those who think the opposite. Now I feel good about this place like I did when I used to play PSO with people from here.

BulldogXIII
Dec 7, 2007, 11:08 AM
:'( still havent managed to get a game on either character with the psow ladies and gents, if you need a hand or want to run anything B0Bomb let me know either character Bulldog or botdog http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

majan
Dec 7, 2007, 02:07 PM
that's unfortuntate.I cant really imagine why someone woudl do that.I'd say because the 360 is a community of complete doosh bags,but mostly the people on PSOW are the educated ones.odd.anyway,I'dnt have done it.see you around.

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2007, 02:31 PM
Man, I should've posted a thread like this. Maybe the people on Team 360 would actually let me meet up with them...

Zorak000
Dec 7, 2007, 02:39 PM
It was hard for me too, but I was persistant enough to get into some PSOW parties. having a universel user name also helps (Check my profile http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

ThEoRy
Dec 7, 2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah don't sweat it man it happens sometimes. Theres lots a cool people here Im sure youll be lvln up in no time.

SolRiver
Dec 7, 2007, 03:27 PM
Maybe everyone got the PSO PK history deep rooted inside their mind, to a point that all stranger = suspicious/dangerous. lol... I hope not...

Edit: especially PSOW members, with many members that used to play PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-07 12:27 ]</font>

B0Bomb
Dec 7, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-12-07 12:27, SolRiver wrote:
Maybe everyone got the PSO PK history deep rooted inside their mind, to a point that all stranger = suspicious/dangerous. lol... I hope not...

Edit: especially PSOW members, with many members that used to play PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-07 12:27 ]</font>

I used to despise playing with people back on Dreamcast because of the whole "Dark Resta" glitch. It was that reason alone that made me search out this forum, so that I had a stable list of people to play with. It was either that, or try out the age old practice of speaking "Engrish" with the JP players.

I can understand a lot of vets still being squimish, but it's not like we're able to do that kinda stuff on 360.

Eliash
Dec 7, 2007, 03:57 PM
I think it all comes down to not knowing you. Perhaps they were hunting something and didn't know if you were the type to find it drop and run away with it never to be seen again. It's hard to tell how a person is without playing with them and sometimes they perfer to only play with people they know.

With that said, just keep at it. Eventually you'll catch someone not doing anything important to them and wouldn't mind letting new players join.

Esufer
Dec 7, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-12-07 06:42, B0Bomb wrote:
So yeah, Im on Uni 15 last night wanting to do a few White Dragon runs. To my pleasant surprise, I find a few PSOW people in the lobby and had high hopes of joining them since I don't get to play much these days thanks to college.

But Lo and Behold, upon asking the supposed party leader if I can join, I get told No because they don't know who I am.

And here I thought communities were made so that people could join and meet people to play with, not be subject to elitism.

So thanks, PSOW, for showing me the truth.

If it was any of the people I think it was, they were looking for rares, and won't risk someone from the outside going "AMAGAD A BOARD DROPPED I'M GONNA SELL IT"

Shadow_Wing
Dec 7, 2007, 04:11 PM
I can't say I've met a person who randomly wanted to join up my teams (generally speaking I party with my core group a good amount of time online on w/e uni, doing w/e mission we need). But... if you were to randomly come up to me and ask, most likely I'll turn you down if I'm currently playing with my core group (which plays with gib finder 95% of the time XD, as I say, clutter ur own dam inventory >: ()

So attending meets, and just talking with them helps out in getting accepted randomly into group, specially with the PSOW community.

Esufer
Dec 7, 2007, 04:14 PM
If you'd like to meet some 360 players specifically, feel free to check out the link in my signature, it's a smaller, 360-based community.
If you catch me online though, I'll play with you I guess. I'm only ever looking for the Agito Repca lately.

AnnabellaRenee87
Dec 7, 2007, 04:21 PM
I'll play witch ya, as soon as my 360 is back form MC. Allen Texas. (DVD tray was getting stuck)

Addark
Dec 7, 2007, 05:08 PM
I don't know you, but I'll let you join me someday if you'd like. :]

I'm Adryk in-game. My GT is Addark. I'm usually on Uni 17 and we have a biiig circle of friends so it should be pretty fun. Elitism is.. stupid.

Rizen
Dec 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
First, I would just like to say don't knock the community because of 1 incident. And since I was part of what happened, let me clear up a few things about the situation. I won't say exact names because I'm sure the people want to be left out of it and have very little association with PSOW.

My friends and I just got finished completing a mission at White Beast. During the mission, they went into private chat to discuss something private. I asked what was up and they said its nothing. One person stepped out after abit for a short break and we all went afk.
Upon coming back, I remember seeing you come in and saying "Wow, there are people here!" I said something to you (dont remember exactly what). You asked to join the party and I responded, "Its not my decision to make http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif" and pointed you to 'Mr. Rappy'. You asked him and I informed you that he was still afk.
A few minutes later, they both came back and you asked again. 'Mr. Rappy' said that it wasn't his decision to make and asked the other person what they wanted to do. Thats when you got the rude answer 'No.' They both went in and I waited a second to say "Sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif" and followed.

Don't take it personal though. That person wasn't in a good mood and also they are well known for being blunt and semi antisocial. You can call it bad timing at best and doesn't show the true 'spirit' of the community.

I am sorry if you were offended. If you ever want to party, there are plenty of willing people to party with you on 15 or from Team 360 here.

TheTofuShop
Dec 7, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-12-07 13:21, Neoistheone wrote:
I'll play witch ya, as soon as my 360 is back form MC. Allen Texas. (DVD tray was getting stuck)

off topic... was that covered under warranty?

my friends 360 does that... its quite annoying.

on topic... I never see anyone i recognize from PSOW online, but then again, I never pay attention the the uni im on.

Blueblur
Dec 7, 2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah, f*** Uni 15. I'll play where I want. PSOW elitism is retarded.

Rizen
Dec 7, 2007, 08:03 PM
>.> It wasn't elitism in this in this incident. Just bad timing.

Addark
Dec 7, 2007, 08:04 PM
There still is a lot of elitism on this forum.

Rizen
Dec 7, 2007, 08:06 PM
Forums, yes. Ingame, no.

AlphaDragoon
Dec 7, 2007, 10:40 PM
I hear from folks I've actually gotten to play with from PSOW that there's a lot of this "elitist" garbage going on. Locked rooms, kicking people they aren't friends with, the whole business. I personally think it's ridiculous, playing a game made to interact with a lot of people only to interact with a select few like you're better than the rest.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 7, 2007, 10:47 PM
On 2007-12-07 16:32, Rizen wrote:
Don't take it personal though. That person wasn't in a good mood and also they are well known for being blunt and semi antisocial. You can call it bad timing at best and doesn't show the true 'spirit' of the community.

I'm curious as to who this was. If this person is mature, they should be able to own up to the mistake rather than have you be the spokesperson for them, right? Only politicians and celebrities have spokespersons for mistakes they committed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Addark
Dec 7, 2007, 10:51 PM
On 2007-12-07 17:06, Rizen wrote:
Forums, yes. Ingame, no.

I don't know anybody in the forums in-game so I can't say either way. I can't really see how the elitism wouldn't translate, though.

I see both sides of the story but it's strange that they're so different.

unicorn
Dec 8, 2007, 01:48 AM
80% of PSU's population is made of arrogant, egostical jerks.

PSOW is only a small chunk of the overall population. So the same percentages apply.

Rizen
Dec 8, 2007, 02:12 AM
Let me put this another way. Neither of my party mates are from PSOW and do not affiliate themselves with us. Only reason they were on Uni 15 was because of me. As for me being their "spokesperson", well its pretty much the only way this side of the story will get out.

People do not have to accept everyone that asks to join their party and do have the right to remove them if they feel necessary, although it is considered rude to immediately boot someone without reason. I don't support random booting and have experienced it many times. I normally party with friends and normally don't invite others that I don't know very well, but this doesn't mean I reject everyone that asks. Its no different in real life. You want to hang out with people you know rather than people you don't, but eventually you will get to know other people and hang out with them as well.

To elaborate on my "Forum, yes. Ingame, no." comment, all this means is people talk big and act differently on the forums than they would ingame. It is an odd phenomenon that I haven't really figured out myself.

On a side note, I will like to add a note about an odd glitch going around on the 360. Apparently, people have been booted for unknown reason and the party leader didn't do it.

BanF
Dec 8, 2007, 03:00 AM
In my experience, Uni 15's motto seems to be: 200 players, 200 locked rooms. I no longer bother with it, specially after the elitist comments both there and here.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 8, 2007, 03:08 AM
Infact actually, I find most of the PSOW players end up in uni 2 anyways, I met a lot of em playing random games and it randomly comes up or I notice some1 from here with a similar name.

Noteable this is on the pc/ps2 servers can't say the same on the 360 but I would assume the same thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-08 00:09 ]</font>

DesertGunner
Dec 8, 2007, 10:09 AM
Rizen you're better off partying with people from Universe 1 or 2 than with these assholes. Words are one thing, but if this guy (Rizen) is saying you people kick him for no reason, then that tells me you guys are fucking liars.

I'm usually doing [B] Psycho Wand runs by myself but sometimes I do some White Beast missions in Universe 1 or 2. I'll be happy to party with you, unlike these assholes.

Ryna
Dec 8, 2007, 12:11 PM
Universe 15 hasn't been promoted as the 'official' PSO-World universe in a while. After the big population decline on the PC/PS2 servers earlier this year, there wasn't enough people left to get a full star outside of Universe 2. So, we decided to stop promoting any of the universes as official. We only use Universe 15 now when sponsoring events. If you do encounter anyone on Universe 15 at this point in time, you cannot necessarily assume they are from PSO-World. There is a decent chance they are just a random party looking for rares.

Since this thread has become personal in tone, I am going to lock it. Use the Private Message system if you would like to continue exchanging messages.