PDA

View Full Version : acrofighter question

eightball
Dec 7, 2007, 12:12 PM
Hey all...I'm a level 100 male beast fighgunner..i just reached level 15 and was thinking of going acrofighter for a little while...my question is this...

I really like the shadoog combo idea but i know its based on tech power...how would this be with a male beast?? Is it still effective? Thanks for your help

Sylpheed
Dec 7, 2007, 12:18 PM
I have AF at 10 on a level 110 beast and i have over 1000TP which im comparison to any other class in the game is pretty dam high. Granted i don't know the TP any other races have at this level but IMO it would be pointless to be anything other than a beast AF as they have the highest ATP of all the races.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2007, 01:18 PM
My lv 110 AF lv 15 Male Human has like 1603 TP. But yeah, a Beast AF is a good choice, although I don't really care for race / type combos.

Syl
Dec 7, 2007, 01:23 PM
Shadoog damage isn't that high really (you'll be shooting for the 300 range or so). What they're really for is the SE. So don't really fret about it.

Pengfishh
Dec 7, 2007, 01:28 PM
Shadoogs are for the lazy. If you really don't want to have to level up some type of bullets, and you really don't want to stop your melee assault, Shadoogs are on top of it for you. No bullets to level, no need to switch over.

I prefer cards with my Acrofighter however, because cards are awesome. Slow, sure, but maaaan I can't wait to level them past 11. Wreckin' from there. Freal.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2007, 01:31 PM
Well, I kind of shoot for like 400 a shot, and I know of a female newman who can shoot like 400 a shot at only lv 70-ish. But yeah, don't worry too much about it.

eightball
Dec 7, 2007, 01:33 PM
thanks for the info all

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I love Shadoogs for that, ranged combat for the lazy. Whenever I fight a Ragan and he flies away, the Shadoog just does the work for me since I just suck at gunning. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-12-07 10:45 ]</font>

Dire_Wolf
Dec 7, 2007, 01:47 PM
shadoog = SE not damage

Foxfire15
Dec 7, 2007, 02:30 PM
They have their uses though. I like them just because it's added damage, even IF I'm attacking a mob. Other stuff, you actually have to stop and use the gun / card instead, plus, it's useful for nailing flying mobs.

Gen2000
Dec 7, 2007, 07:16 PM
For Acrofighters, Shadoogs can be for SEs or damage. Don't gimp yourself by thinking it's only for one or the other.

Acrofighters have more than enough TP than ever need. And if you they're lacking any you can just make up for it with a Tech Unit, plenty in the shops.

I'm using Cast Acrofighter15 and a Sori/Tech Charge and do 400ishx3 a shot a bullet shadoog. That is a nice free 1kish damage on top of whatever melee weapon PA I'm spamming with Just Attack. A Beast Acrofighter should be able to do much better since their base TP isn't complete ass like Cast compared to the other AF classes and with better ATP behind their attacks.

Addark
Dec 7, 2007, 10:17 PM
On 2007-12-07 10:28, Pengfishh wrote:
Shadoogs are for the lazy. If you really don't want to have to level up some type of bullets, and you really don't want to stop your melee assault, Shadoogs are on top of it for you. No bullets to level, no need to switch over.

I prefer cards with my Acrofighter however, because cards are awesome. Slow, sure, but maaaan I can't wait to level them past 11. Wreckin' from there. Freal.

Extra status effects while you're dishing out damage with a saber is really handy imo. It's nice freezing things like Gaozorans while you're dishing out damage with your main weapon, not between attacks.

Aviendha
Dec 8, 2007, 03:27 AM
On 2007-12-07 10:28, Pengfishh wrote:

Shadoogs are better than cards most of the time because melee >> bullets anyway, so you might as well get some free shag damage while you due sick melee damage. Cards are only good on a few enemies you don't want to get near.

Neith
Dec 8, 2007, 08:36 AM
On 2007-12-07 10:31, Shiroryuu wrote:
Well, I kind of shoot for like 400 a shot, and I know of a female newman who can shoot like 400 a shot at only lv 70-ish. But yeah, don't worry too much about it.

Yeah, I'm Lv84 now, and hitting roughly 440+ a shot with an Ebrozike. I'll double check later though to make sure the figures are right. I do suffer a little on the melee side of things (hundreds of damage behind Beasts with Chikki, but 1700 damage is still respectable, and I chose Newman knowing I wouldn't be a powerhouse anyway)

As said though, the main use of Shadoogs is for SE application, not damage. Confusing an entire spawn of Kakwanes is hilarious http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

physic
Dec 8, 2007, 09:32 AM
actually, if you use the 9 star you do 400x 3 depending on what % you rolled, which doesnt seem that hax, but your adding it to already hax damage while your already fighting, other offhand is cool, but really you would do more dmg with a shadoog, becuase it attacks while you do something else.
now if your a beast your tech wont be that great, but your reg dmg will be more. it prolly wont balance out perfectly for the shadoog combo, but you ll beat them in dmg without it.
i think acrofighter is pretty flexible, though id say human is probably the best at it with the racial bonus and balanced stats, buuut it will ultimately come down to playstyle, and no one is going to totally suck at it.