PDA

View Full Version : question

addictedtopsu
Dec 7, 2007, 02:25 PM
I was online doing this quest on Neudaiz and since i'm just starting out I only had leo in my group since he gave me his partner card during the tuturial thing. I was almost done with the mission then it said somebody joined the group and he was a high lvl. I'm not sure what lvl exactly but he was at least over 70, and he came in and helped me kill the creatures for the quest I was on then when I went to one of those lobbies at the end of the missions he left the group. I was wondering how did he join my group when i didn't invite him, and when you talk in a party do you have to just talk like normal and the whole party will hear you, or do you have to go into a special chat thing for them all to hear you? Instead of the people next to you that are in the party like if you get seperated you can tell them where to go to find you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: addictedtopsu on 2007-12-07 11:43 ]</font>

tei
Dec 7, 2007, 02:29 PM
Anyone can join your party from wherever you start missions.. if you aren't already in one, you can choose "join a party" at any mission leave point to join any non passworded party. If you don't want people to do that, you can put on a party password from the leader rights section of the party menu, both in a mission, and when they show the mission details at the start.

As for talking.. I'm pretty sure that while you're in a mission, it always defaults to a party-exclusive chat that can be heard by all members, regardless of area they're in or how far away. Don't quote me on that though, I haven't been in a party in a looong time, and only once with members in entirely different maps.

BaconZero
Dec 7, 2007, 02:30 PM
Well, the higher level person joined your party because he was just passing through. He was able to join your party because it was open to the public. To avoid this, lock the party if you dont want anyone else to join. And talking in a party is all open for everyone in the party to see, so just type normally. And how there able to find you in the mission, they can see you on the map. End Case... lol

Chuck_Norris
Dec 7, 2007, 02:31 PM
[spoiler-box]That was a very long sentence[/spoiler-box]
When you go to the mission counter, you can pick "Join Party" to join one of the parties at that area.

If you're in one of the lobby areas, you can press F12 twice to use party chat. If you're in a battle area, you can only talk to other people in your party.

addictedtopsu
Dec 7, 2007, 02:33 PM
ok thanks for clearing things up i was like how is this guy joining my group when i didnt invite him and he said hi to me and i said hi back and he said hi again so i was wondering if he didnt hear me when i said hi or something and he was repeating himself untill i said hi

JAFO22000
Dec 7, 2007, 02:34 PM
You could've at LEAST put a period at the end!

Anyway, everytime you start a mission, it can be joined by anyone who selects the "Join Party" option from the mission select screen. Any party can be joined at any time UNLESS:

A) The party is full (6 players, real or NPC)

-or-

B) There is a password on the room.

If you don't want people joining your party, protect it with a password. If you'd like people to join, leave in unlocked and possilby type a message stating "All welcome to join!" or whatever you want at the mission select screen.

On 360, just talk and everyone with a mic will hear you. Most people don't like to talk in PuG's, but I'm sure you'll find people who do if that suits you. Talk too much and you may annoy people. Try saying "Hello" when they join. If they say nothing, they probably don't have a mic, are in private chat or don't want to talk. If the type to you, they don't want to talk. If they talk back, then there you go.

Ssslither
Dec 7, 2007, 02:34 PM
Zach - When you speak, everyone in the party (should) hears you. No matter where you are in the mission. Anyone can join your party if you don't put a password. Chances are if your playing the C missions and a high lvl joins, it's because they want a quick way to get to the next mission.

Next time you start a mission - instead of selecting C - S2, look to see if you can join party (right underneath select mission).

Zorak000
Dec 7, 2007, 02:35 PM
1.) when you enter a mission counter, there are 4 options.
select mission (party leader only)
Join Party (solo only) <-- he used this option, you party was not locked, so he joined for a free ride to the next lobby
leave counter
return to city (only if you are not already at a city

As for voice chat, if their name is at the bottom-left coener (i.e. they are in your party) they can hear you. if not, they cant.

as for ppl not in your party, if you have theit partner card, you can send a simple mail. or if they are within sight, press "back" ( "<" botton) to use the on-screen keyboard.

also, please organize your information next time so people can read it better! periods are our friends.

EDIT: o.O wow do I type slow...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorak000 on 2007-12-07 11:36 ]</font>

Chaos320
Dec 7, 2007, 02:36 PM
more than likely he was just using your quest to get to the next lobby. Depending on how long a party is in a mission it tells the time when you "join a party" and you where in there for a while. He knew your mission was almost over and just joined. When he left he most likely did it again in the next mission

kissablepimp
Dec 7, 2007, 02:43 PM
if you don't put a password anyone can join you he just wanted a ride to the next lobby that all is to it.

addictedtopsu
Dec 7, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-12-07 11:25, addictedtopsu wrote:
I was online doing this quest on Neudaiz and since i'm just starting out I only had leo in my group since he gave me his partner card during the tuturial thing. I was almost done with the mission then it said somebody joined the group and he was a high lvl. I'm not sure what lvl exactly but he was at least over 70, and he came in and helped me kill the creatures for the quest I was on then when I went to one of those lobbies at the end of the missions he left the group. I was wondering how did he join my group when i didn't invite him, and when you talk in a party do you have to just talk like normal and the whole party will hear you, or do you have to go into a special chat thing for them all to hear you? Instead of the people next to you that are in the party like if you get seperated you can tell them where to go to find you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: addictedtopsu on 2007-12-07 11:43 ]</font>
There you go I put periods and question marks at the end of the sentences and questions and placed commas where i think they need to go. Sorry I didn't do it before i forget sometimes.

JAFO22000
Dec 7, 2007, 03:06 PM
Great!

It isn't perfect, but it's MUCH easier to read in this format.

addictedtopsu
Dec 7, 2007, 03:34 PM
What if they get mad because you joined their group while theyre in the middle of a mission?? Can they kick you out of the group if they dont want you in the group??

JAFO22000
Dec 7, 2007, 04:18 PM
Yes. Each party has a leader. The leader has certain rights, one of them being to kick out any/all other players from the mission.

If people don't want outsiders joining their missions, they usually lock them with a password. You should be pretty safe joining any unlocked party as long as you are within a few levels of the majority of the party (i.e. don't be level 65 and expect to run with 3 other level 110's. Most of the time, they will boot you for this! The inverse of this rule is also correct).

My recommendation to you would be go to a populated universe (1 or 2) and find a mission that the majority of players are currently running. (right now, you'll do well at the Pavillion of Air missions on Neudaiz, or any of the AotI missions). Choose the "join party" option from the mission select screen and scroll through until you see a party that consists of players within 10-20 levels of your character (bonus if you are a class that is not in the party!). Join and see what happens. If you get booted, just find another party or make your own. If you make your own party, try starting a mission and putting a note in that summarizes what you are looking for...(e.g, "Looking for Techers/Rangers for multiple runs. Level 50-60 please!")

Raine_Loire
Dec 7, 2007, 04:22 PM
What's a PuG? I've never heard that before.

addictedtopsu
Dec 7, 2007, 05:55 PM
I have a couple of more party question for you guys. How do you know if someone is inviting you to a group, Will something pop up and say whoever is invinting to a group or something? Someone told me how I accept to a group inventation on pc. He told me to press Z and press enter to accept or something like that, is this true?? One more thing, how do you exchange partner cards with someone??

JAFO22000
Dec 7, 2007, 06:07 PM
On 2007-12-07 13:22, Raine_Loire wrote:
What's a PuG? I've never heard that before.

PuG = Pick up Group

...probably not an "accepted internet acronym", but I use it anyway!

Zorafim
Dec 7, 2007, 06:13 PM
If somebody invites you to their party, you'll hear a ding, and an icon will appear by your character name/hp/exp/etc. Press a certain button depending on what system you play on (L2 for PS2, Z for PC), and press the confirm key (whatever it happens to be). You'll then be prompted to accept or decline an invite.

I forgot, were these things covered in the tutorial? I don't remember being confused by these things.

addictedtopsu
Dec 7, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-12-07 15:13, Zorafim wrote:
If somebody invites you to their party, you'll hear a ding, and an icon will appear by your character name/hp/exp/etc. Press a certain button depending on what system you play on (L2 for PS2, Z for PC), and press the confirm key (whatever it happens to be). You'll then be prompted to accept or decline an invite.

I forgot, were these things covered in the tutorial? I don't remember being confused by these things.

It did say in the tutorial, but I just forgot. Thanks for telling me how to accept I think I was actually invited to a party because i heard a ding and something next to my name, but I didn't know how to accept the invite.

bigtimer
Dec 7, 2007, 09:06 PM
it was me i used my chainsawd to cut thru your password http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

129 cast with chainsawd of doom http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sheenster707
Dec 7, 2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah, unless you put a lock on your party anypne can join
Your whole party can you hear you(unless their in a private chat)