PDA

View Full Version : Basic PSU Storyline question

Hulex
Dec 7, 2007, 04:30 PM
Hey again, PSOW. I seem to pop in and out of here once every couple of months, since I'm still undecided on how I feel about this game. Though I think it's starting to finally grow on me.

I just picked up the expansion (which I have been told is less of an expansion and more of a revised full version of the game).

There was a story mode in the original PSU, where you play as Ethan Weber. I ASSUME that the "Story Mode" (both online and off) called Episodes 2 and 3 are meant to continue from the Waber story arc. Is this true?

I haven't really played much of EITHER game, so I am a little overwhelmed with all of this new stuff all of a sudden.

Bonus points if you post here and actually remember me ;3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hulex on 2007-12-07 13:30 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 7, 2007, 04:59 PM
Episode 2 offline is the same as episode 2 online. You control your custom made character, but Laia is really the main character. Ethan is mentioned, but you don't get to play as him. EP.3 finally starts staring your custom character, though other characters really control what's going on.

To get more of Ethan's story, you have to watch the moving comic on the official site.

Hulex
Dec 7, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-12-07 13:44, Thanubis wrote:
The Story for Episode 2 picks up from the moving comic which takes place after Episode 1. You play as Episode 2 as your own custom made character. I don't know anything about Episode 3.

Hm, it looks like the online comic isn't even fully released yet. Interesting.

Well I guess I should check out and finish Episode 1 so I can figure out what's going on in the story, heh.

Hulex
Dec 7, 2007, 06:25 PM
I just watched both. Wow, Sega's official translation is PAINFULLY awkward, even though the animation is better. And has more retarded loading times.