PDA

View Full Version : question about weapons for classes

Lavi
Dec 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
so im coming back to psu, and with alll the new weapons, well first, whats the prefered all out hunter class? and the prefered all out ranger class? what are the prefered weapons for hunter and prefered weapons for rangers? if i went fighgunner, whats the prefered use of weapons for them? if anyone can give as much info as possible that would great.

Syanaide
Dec 7, 2007, 08:09 PM
Man, it almost sounds like you asked the same question multiple times. Anyways, popular stuff from what I've been seeing:

Hunter/Fortefighter: Spear, Axe, Twin Claw seems to be really popular right now. Many are beginning to use Slicers.
Ranger/Fortegunner: Same ol' stuff. Shotgun, Rifle, Grenade Launcher.. bit of Twin Pistols and Laser Cannon.
Fighgunner: Spear, double saber, twin handguns, twin saber

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Syanaide on 2007-12-07 17:10 ]</font>

bigtimer
Dec 7, 2007, 09:00 PM
Duh chainsawd i thought it was the only weapon lmao http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

129 cast with a chainsawd and a attitude http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SolRiver
Dec 7, 2007, 09:02 PM
The PA are alot more important than weapons as a melee class imo.

Axe: anga_jabroga
spear: Dus Majarra
twin claw: I heard different opinion on this one, but mostly Renzan Seidan-ga

Those dominate the "efficiency" part of the game. Though any other photon art can still be fun.

Oh yea, forgot about slicer...

Slicers for a "melee" class is very efficient too. While it is the PA that made them so good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-07 18:04 ]</font>

Pillan
Dec 7, 2007, 09:08 PM
Every melee weapon besides claws and swords have at least one good skill that does damage on-par with other weapons, so your choice there is pretty arbitrary. Just use what you like rather than what everyone else is doing.

Guns, on the other hand... Well, you'll be using a variety of them. You'll end up needing something like a crossbow, shotgun, card, or machinegun for general damage spam; a rifle, crossbow, card, or shotgun for general SE spam; a rifle or twin handgun for first person damage spam; and a grenade, bow, and laser cannon for those special cases where they're great. So that's pretty much all the guns.