PDA

View Full Version : hey girls

astuarlen
Dec 7, 2007, 08:18 PM
So I went grocery shopping at Walmart yesterday night (even though I find the place completely repugnant), because that's where folks were going (and apparently I wanted food more than moral superiority and physical/psychological comfort).
Now my cabinets smell like Walmart.
Fuck.

I mean, I might be imagining it--is it merely the lingering stench of shameful giving-in-to-convenince? In any case, my nose is mightily displeased.

Weeaboolits
Dec 7, 2007, 08:24 PM
I was just at Wal-Mart, they didn't have any PS/2>USB adapters, the bastards.

Moo2u
Dec 7, 2007, 08:26 PM
Do you prefer the smell of your own farts?

Moo2u
Dec 7, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-12-07 17:29, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I was just at Wal-Mart, they didn't have any PS/2>USB adapters, the bastards...baby...

astuarlen
Dec 7, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-12-07 17:26, Moo2u wrote:
Do you prefer the smell of your own farts?

I see where you're going with this, and it's a really great plan except

I didn't buy that huge tin of baked beans for 1.99 when I had the chance.
BLAST!

FOAtHeart
Dec 7, 2007, 08:41 PM
War-Malt

Sord
Dec 7, 2007, 08:45 PM
Big-box mart

EJ
Dec 7, 2007, 09:02 PM
That where Food Lion comes in!

foamcup
Dec 7, 2007, 09:38 PM
I love Food Lion. I used to go to Tops, but they don't have any in Maryland!

Solstis
Dec 8, 2007, 12:39 AM
We have Publix in the Southeast. It's beating WalMart in Florida. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sord
Dec 8, 2007, 12:41 AM
CostCo is kicking Wal-marts ass around here. It actually shut down a Sam's Club, everyone was like "Holy shit o_0" I hear it's a good place to work, has higher pay and they treat employees better. The employees apparently tend to stay longer as well.

astuarlen
Dec 8, 2007, 01:33 AM
On 2007-12-07 21:41, Sord wrote:
...has higher pay and they treat employees better. The employees apparently tend to stay longer as well.

This also applies to the mud-mining operation on Galblox V (aka the Brown, Smelly Planet) and gourmet barf boutiques, among other places of employment, when compared to Walmart.

I usually shop at Jewel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewel_(supermarket)). Better selection, better smell, better employee treatment, etc.
The undefined They just opened a Schnucks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnucks) next to the cornfields. Never heard of it before, but the name made me snicker.

Solstis
Dec 8, 2007, 01:59 AM
Ooh, Schnucks. I had one near me back when I lived in Missouri. Childhood memories...

If I recall, quite a high-quality store, if you don't mind schlepping.

Sord
Dec 8, 2007, 02:28 AM
yeah Schucks are still around here Solstis, they have the best sales of the grocery stores, though when something isn't on sale it's usually the most expensive. Shop n Save has better regulars, but sales are worse. We usually shop at both. Walmart for food... nope.

Tell me, did you ever get to have Gooey Butter Cake? When I heard it was a Missouri/Saint Louis specialty as a kid I went "Your kidding me?! It's great stuff, why can you only get it here?"

Solstis
Dec 8, 2007, 12:56 PM
Maybe, but I don't particularly remember it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wait, some of the google search stuff looks familiar. I just think that I never knew what it was called.

Stan
Dec 8, 2007, 01:30 PM
at least walmart doesn't want to have sex with you

Solstis
Dec 8, 2007, 01:33 PM
walmart's a little too old, donchathink?

astuarlen
Dec 8, 2007, 03:30 PM
Also proves that there is such a thing as too big.

Solstis
Dec 8, 2007, 03:41 PM
Soon, the moon will be terra-formed by Walmart.

The dark side of the moon will be the Hunting goods section.

Stan
Dec 8, 2007, 04:14 PM

I've never even seen a walmart

*runs*

astuarlen
Dec 8, 2007, 04:29 PM
Blessed are the residents of Klompenland, for they shall be spared the sight.

CherryLunar
Dec 8, 2007, 05:16 PM
I don't know which I dislike more: Walmart or Costco. Walmart and Kirkland make EVERYTHING. Including cheese that tastes like plastic.

Though I have to admit... The desserts at costco are better than walmart. >.>

astuarlen
Dec 8, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-12-08 14:16, CherryLunar wrote:
Walmart and Kirkland make EVERYTHING. Including cheese that tastes like plastic.

Correction: Walmart (I can't really speak for this Kirkland place) imports everything from China by the containerfull, contributing to the disastrous stripping of manufacturing from the American landscape. O hey but it's fucking cheap in the short run, rite? For some people.

Hrglflfp.

Sord
Dec 8, 2007, 07:03 PM

Though I have to admit... The desserts at costco are better than walmart. >.>

my dad loves their pumpkin pie, can't say I do though, don't like pumpkin, egh

Moo2u
Dec 8, 2007, 07:14 PM
On 2007-12-08 12:30, astuarlen wrote:
Also proves that there is such a thing as too big.

That's what she said.

DizzyDi
Dec 8, 2007, 07:48 PM
OMG my grandmaw used to always take my to Shnucks and I would rent a Ninja Turtles VHS and buy some Super Mario soda.
;~; MEMORIES.

Tigerram
Dec 10, 2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, if you ever go to Wal-Mart late night, there's nothing like the employess rolling around the stinky, dusty and ever so inconvenient floor buffer. Oh, and the aisles that are filled with pallets and boxes so you can't shop...well conveniently. Ah, nothing like good old Wally World!

Blitzkommando
Dec 10, 2007, 01:38 AM
On 2007-12-08 14:36, astuarlen wrote:

Walmart and Kirkland make EVERYTHING. Including cheese that tastes like plastic.

Correction: Walmart (I can't really speak for this Kirkland place) imports everything from China by the containerfull, contributing to the disastrous stripping of manufacturing from the American landscape. O hey but it's fucking cheap in the short run, rite? For some people.

Hrglflfp.

What store doesn't import from China by the ton these days? Hell, our military's uniforms are produced and shipped from Red China. People want manufacturing back in the US but don't want the mess that manufacturing makes. Blech, too long, not to mention serious, of a topic for these parts though.