PDA

View Full Version : Will i only really use 6 weps, or should i build up a few mo

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 7, 2007, 11:28 PM
I'm a lvl 50 FG, and i just realized that it might seem a bit tedious in the future to keep up with 8 weps like i am now. Should i go down to a normal 6 types, or should i stay with what i have now? (btw, can someone point me to a place that lists what weps FG can use?) As it is, i'm doing:

saber and handgun
knuckles
spear
double saber
twin saber
twin dagger
single dagger & mechgun
twin handgun

(my two AoE weps are sword and twin dagger, btw)

If i should stop using 2 of these, which should i? And do you recommend me doing twin gun and replacing single gun w/ shadoog, or getting rid of twin gun and keeping single gun? Thanks a LOT in advance!

Addark
Dec 7, 2007, 11:31 PM
I always carry a few weapons around with me that aren't on my palette. It's handy to have if a new situation arises.

Zorafim
Dec 7, 2007, 11:39 PM
You should know by now. I normally don't use more than what's in my palette, and try to have a weapon for every circumstance.

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 7, 2007, 11:43 PM
Eh, tis what i figured.

But.

You guys think it'd be worth it to use hand guns and ditch the single for a shadoog, or is it not worth it? (i'm a fighgunner, remember)

Chuck_Norris
Dec 8, 2007, 12:09 AM
If you can synth one with a good %, go with the shadoog.

Addark
Dec 8, 2007, 12:15 AM
I actually use a B-rank Shadoog from shops since it comes 30% and it causes Virus. I forget its name though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 8, 2007, 12:21 AM
Ooh... well, guess i'll just see what happens. *sigh*

Well, can someone still point me in the direction of a list of what FGs can use now?

Mystil
Dec 8, 2007, 12:26 AM
You might want to carry at least 3 spare weapons.

oooWaveooo
Dec 8, 2007, 12:30 AM
personally i feel you have way too many weapons. I like to try and stick to 2-4 different weapons for a class. For example, my Beast switches up between acrofighter, fortefighter, and fighgunner, here's what i personally use for each:

Acrofighter: shadoogs, slicers, twin daggers, cards
fortefighter: Knuckles, spears
Fighgunner: doublesaber, twin handgun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oooWaveooo on 2007-12-07 21:37 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2007, 12:35 AM
You can easily check to see what weapons fighgunners can use yourself. It's in the pause menu, under your character stats (next to your PA list, same area as your stats). That is, assuming you can understand PSUese.

Garanz-Baranz
Dec 8, 2007, 12:45 AM
Fighgunners can use the following-

Swords-A
Fist-A
Twin Saber-S
Twin Dagger-S
Spear-A
Double Saber-S
Twin Claw-A
Saber-S
Dagger-S
Claw-A
Slicer-A
Handgun-A
Crossbow-A
Mechgun-A
Twin Handgun-A
Shadoog-A
Melee PA's go to 40
Bullet PA's go to 30

Cannot use techs.

You can veiw this data by going to your main menu, select chatacter status[something along those lines, it the right-most icon] then go to your "class" list, it's the left most icon, then you can scroll through all the classes, and veiw their equipable weapons.

Note that your class does not gian weapons as it level's, at level one of your class job, you are stuck with what ever weapons you could select at level one class

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 8, 2007, 01:33 AM
On 2007-12-07 21:45, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

You can veiw this data by going to your main menu, select chatacter status[something along those lines, it the right-most icon] then go to your "class" list, it's the left most icon, then you can scroll through all the classes, and veiw their equipable weapons.

Oh, right. Heh! ^_^;;

Thanks!

Crazy_Hunter
Dec 8, 2007, 01:39 AM
I always have my 4 types of weapons, Axes, Spears, Fists, and Swords, on me. I always have at least 1 of every element of all 4 types. This brings me to 24+ weapons in my inventory. I always carry them even though I only use like 3 or 4 of them because I only use the correct element on the enemy since I will have 4 or more weapons of the same element.

Im too lazy to re-put PA's every time iIdeposit

Zorafim
Dec 8, 2007, 01:47 AM
You know, they nerfed the elemental bonus. There's really not much point in doing that anymore...

oooWaveooo
Dec 8, 2007, 04:13 AM
just because they nerfed it doesn't mean there isn't still a significant difference. my 42%dark sanzu-hiken hits about 400 harder on light enemies than a non elemental one at the end of the PA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oooWaveooo on 2007-12-08 01:42 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 8, 2007, 04:31 AM
my fighter can run through 25 weapons sometimes.

My gunner only uses a rifle, a shotgun, a crossbow and twin handguns XD

LOL I USE 4 WEAPWNZ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-12-08 01:31 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Dec 8, 2007, 12:20 PM
right now i have 11 double sabers and a machine gun and twin handguns. level PAs though.

majan
Dec 8, 2007, 12:40 PM
just be careful.dont spread yourself too thin,man,becauesweapon variety kicks ass but you dont want to be using 7 differetn weapon styles with each of them having the PA level at like 22 or 23.its better off to concentrate a bit and have higher pa levels.its also less weapons you have to worry about synthing and buying.don't spread yourself too thin.that's melee.up to you of course,if you think you can pull it off,more power to ya.but thats just my friendly advice.also,be choosy with your PA's.gravity dance,renkai buyouzan,dus robado=same thing with a different little twist on each one.bogga danga and splendor crush,also very similar.dus daggas and assault crush.very similar in function.just have your weapons set up so that...

you have your arsenal for big enemies/bosses and high damage output situations i.e asssault crush or dus daggas or tornado dance,and others...
have your crowd control stuff,i.e dus robado,gravity dance,renkai,the like.
then have your guns as support and for things that take reduced damage from melee.my advice in this department is to ditch mechguns and go crossbows.get yak zagenga and go through the excruciating pain to level it up because it is without doubt one of the strongest damn PA's in the entire game,bar none.try to keep a minimalist design with your character at frist,and perfect the core things,then branch out.dont start early spreading yourself so thin because your character will be able to do lots but be perfected at nothing.fighgunner is EXTREMELY versatile.take advantage of it,but don't go ballistic.

just my friendly advice.it worked for me.

Complex_Jao
Dec 8, 2007, 05:08 PM
I have on me as an acrofighter:
6 slicers
6 R-MAGs
1 claw
1 saber
1 vipric
8/9 Phantom
3/10 Gur Bazga
5/9 Blackbull
7/10 Beam Volcanic
7/10 Evil Twins
but im an acrofighter with lots of FG weps so i can change at any time to suit the run so have many weps to suit your run

Hyper_Rappy
Dec 8, 2007, 05:37 PM
i got 8 weapons on my protranser and i run out of PP on almost evey mission. but i dont worry about getting more of the same weapons since i dont find elements all that important in fighting. i swich classes alot so i do have 1 of almost every type of weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hyper_Rappy on 2007-12-08 14:39 ]</font>

Complex_Jao
Dec 8, 2007, 05:42 PM
Hyper_Rappy & Complex_Jao lol

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 8, 2007, 07:48 PM
...why do you guys post your weapons for your other classes? It's not helping... But thanks for the effort?
>.>

And WTF to magan's post. Can someone translate that?

Complex_Jao
Dec 8, 2007, 07:52 PM
On 2007-12-08 14:08, Complex_Jao wrote:
I have on me as an acrofighter:
6 slicers
6 R-MAGs
1 claw
1 saber
1 vipric
8/9 Phantom
3/10 Gur Bazga
5/9 Blackbull
7/10 Beam Volcanic
7/10 Evil Twins
but im an acrofighter with lots of FG weps so i can change at any time to suit the run so have many weps to suit your run

short the more weps u have the better

RadiantLegend
Dec 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
I tend not to use photon charges so i carry more weapons (25+) most of the time

Ken_Silver
Dec 8, 2007, 09:20 PM
I think that your 8 weapons is good enough. Espically for a Fightgunner. The weapons you have are good for almost any situation in relation to your class. Some classes need more weapons than others. Hybrid classes will need more items than forte classes. I wouldn't expect a Forefighter to have a bunch of weapons because they stick to melee weapons all in all. If your class covers more areas then you'll need more weapons. In the end, to sum it all up: I think your in the clear. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 8, 2007, 11:36 PM
And the cookie goes to KEN!!!! For actually ANSWERING MY GORAM QUESTIONS!

Thank you ken.

But... only one person kinda answered my single gun vs. shadoog question. Anyone?

Ken_Silver
Dec 9, 2007, 12:21 AM
On 2007-12-08 20:36, Psycho_Sonic wrote:

Thank you ken.

But... only one person kinda answered my single gun vs. shadoog question. Anyone?

You're welcome *eats cookie* and to answer your question, it depends on which you'd like to do while wielding a saber: inflict high SE's and do lower damage or do high damage and lower percentage of SE's. Shadoogs also fire automatically and never run out of ammo, compared to handguns. Thus it comes down to your style of play in terms of saber-wielding. If you want to slash away and you really won't use your handgun often and don't wanna bother to level up handgun PA's then go shadoog (my personal favorite for my character.) But if you find yourself shooting enemies who seem to jump, dodge and overall manuver out of your attacks in order to finish them faster, then go handgun. Both have their advantage in battle. But since you are a FG and I don't think that they have the chance to afflict SE's often, I suggest the shadoog.

MT7218
Dec 9, 2007, 04:31 AM
On 2007-12-08 20:36, Psycho_Sonic wrote:

Thank you ken.

My answer: If you don't want anything else bar what you listed, Shadoog will win over the handgun. As you use twinnies, you have a aiming weapon, and the single handgun is the worst single-handed firearm in the game.

If you DO replace the single handgun AND take other suggestions, I would recommend replacing the handgun with either a Crossbow or a Mechgun, than a simple shadoog. These two guns will outdamage a handgun and shadoog by far. Mechs have a high rapid-fire rate, and Crossbows shoots out a spread of 3 bullets at lv21+ relativly fast, not to mention are one of the best mob SE spreaders in the game at 21+ because Crossbows get SE3 at lv21+. And both of these weapons will get their % from their PAs, rather than the shadoog, where you need to synth the % onto them like a melee weapon. Yes, you would have to worry about maintaining their PP, but you can control when a Mechgun or a Crossbow fires, shooting it whenever you want, rather than have an AI shoot for you at set intervals.

Cry0
Dec 9, 2007, 04:47 AM
Im figu, and my main weaps r
twin sab (assault crush, just too damn fun)
double saber (tornado dance, and in team spiral dance)
twin daggers with renkai or the ultimate one, hvnt decided yet, as i hvnt the frag for the ultimate)
knuckles (bogga... don't know it's name, the basic one)
spear (dus majarra, for the HURT!)
and as backup: saber+mech (rising strike, freeze shot)

and i hv a double hg in my inventory, in case shooting is required

so to answer your question, yes, i think it's best to carry a few backups, if you're a PA spammer like me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cry0 on 2007-12-09 01:48 ]</font>