PDA

View Full Version : Armor for Acrotecher?

Mikura
Dec 8, 2007, 04:41 PM
I normally don't ask these questions but I'm having a hard time deciding what armor I should start making for my newman Acrotecher.

The biggest problem I have is armor with the slots I want/need. To give you a run down, here's what I use on AT assuming I have all 4 slots:

Har/Quick
Solid/Power S
Mega/Rainbow
Te/PP Regenerate

Now obviously, I can sacrifice the body slot no problem since what I have in there now isn't much to write home about but there's very little options I have that give me Head, Arm, and Extra besides a Cardia-senba. Serafi-senba would be ideal but of course, those aren't exactly easy to make.

Right now, I just have a Sori-senba, Rabol Rappy, and a 30% Cardia-senba I bought for Lightning Beast runs. That still leaves me with 3 other elements and I want to know if I should just try to make a batch of Cardia-senbas or if I should sacrifice one of the other slots for something else and make Yamatas or whatever.

I'm torn on what to give and take so any advice would be appreciated. Also, if it helps, I'm not really using anything that would go with an armor so weapon/armor combinations are irrelevant to me.

RACast_Raiden
Dec 8, 2007, 04:46 PM
stormline? sori-senba?

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 8, 2007, 04:47 PM
At the moment I use Storm Line, all four slots, any element, and pretty good all-around stats

Mikura
Dec 8, 2007, 05:47 PM
Can Acrotecher even equip a Storm Line? And I need something that's a bit...cheaper to make. I only have one Storm Line board anyway.

As for Sori, that's nice but you can only make it ice and I need other elements. ;/

Syl
Dec 8, 2007, 06:01 PM
Well, four-slotted armor besides Sori-senba and still cheap... isn't exactly a real combo. Seeing how the only other 4 slotted armors are Serafi-senba and Storm Line. And yes, AT can equip Storm Line

Pillan
Dec 8, 2007, 06:06 PM
Acrotecher and Acrofighter are considered to be ranger classes and thus can equip all ranger-only armors. If you're going for A rank armors of every element, Cardia-senba is your best bet given your slot requests. Stormline is also good, but it's somewhat difficult to get those of every element.

ZeroVer01
Dec 8, 2007, 06:09 PM
Why use te/pp regenerate? It is not that useful at all. Why not use a Stamina increasing unit, or a hp/restore unit instead.

Pillan
Dec 8, 2007, 06:17 PM
If you don't need the extra slot, you can always go for Rabol Asted or Yamata-senba, which are even easier to mass-synth.

Mikura
Dec 8, 2007, 06:18 PM
On 2007-12-08 15:09, ZeroVer01 wrote:
Why use te/pp regenerate? It is not that useful at all. Why not use a Stamina increasing unit, or a hp/restore unit instead.

Haven't considered a stamina unit really. As for the hp/restore, I see no need when I can use Giresta on myself and get the same effect.

I'm making a Storm Line now actually so hopefully that'll turn out well. I find it odd though they can even equip it...I don't see AT as a ranger class at all but whatever. <.<

Ryno
Dec 8, 2007, 06:40 PM
On My Acrotecher Armor I have

Serafi-senba 24% dark
Me / Quick
Soild / Knight
Tero / Guard
Hard / Stamina

Mikura
Dec 8, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-12-08 15:40, Ryno wrote:
On My Acrotecher Armor I have

Serafi-senba 24% dark
Me / Quick
Soild / Knight
Tero / Guard
Hard / Stamina

The Serafi-senba is nice but I don't have the board. ;p

Also, where do you find the Hard / Stamina? They don't mention where it is in the item database.

Syl
Dec 8, 2007, 07:24 PM
On 2007-12-08 16:11, Mikura wrote:

Also, where do you find the Hard / Stamina? They don't mention where it is in the item database.

It was a 1-up only drop.

Ryno
Dec 8, 2007, 07:28 PM
On 2007-12-08 16:24, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2007-12-08 16:11, Mikura wrote:

It was a 1-up only drop.

They should edit hard / stamina in the item data base that hard stamina only comes in 1-up cup

ARandomTaco
Dec 8, 2007, 07:28 PM
Michi-senba or cardia-senba

Mikura
Dec 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well, I'm SoL there I guess. xD

VectormanX
Dec 8, 2007, 08:43 PM
I use kotoha-senba on my AT.

Ryno
Dec 8, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-12-08 17:38, Mikura wrote:

are you talking about the Hard / Stamina?

because if you are...

you're going to have to wait at least 11 months till 1-up cup arives again...

Broodstar1337
Dec 8, 2007, 08:47 PM
On 2007-12-08 17:43, Ryno wrote:

On 2007-12-08 17:38, Mikura wrote:

are you talking about the Hard / Stamina?

because if you are...

you're going to have to wait at least 11 months till 1-up cup arives again...

wat?

Raine_Loire
Dec 8, 2007, 10:06 PM
I stick with senbas on my AT because she's first and foremost a newman, with newman def. I actually just switched from my Nafri Senba to... man, I don't remember what it's called... but it doesn't have 4 slots anyway. Doesn't matter since I have all B and C grade units anyway... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Asheth-
Dec 9, 2007, 08:06 AM
Stormlines FTW Melee>Tech and Te/PP regenerate is more important than +35 or 40 Tech from a Senba. Unless you can get a Serafi-Senba now that I would definitely use. Tenora armor is ugh I think for a AT with a 22% Dark Rabol Asted I was getting raped on True Darkness S2. I did block alot but when I got hit it hurt.

Raine_Loire
Dec 9, 2007, 08:11 AM
I use senbas for the DFP not the tech boost. A 7 star senba has higher defense than the storm line. I just like that extra boost, considering my character has like 50 def or something like that

Xencia
Dec 9, 2007, 08:57 AM
Personally,on my AT I switch between a lightning Stormline,and my Rabol Rappy,for whichever is not elementally weak to the area. I like having all 4 slots,the units I usually use are Me/Quick, Mega/Power, Tero/Legs, and Te/PP Generate. If I was going for a cheap alternative,I'd definitely use Rabol Asteds(And I do,on my WT). The loss of the extra slot is the easiest to take(If you're not a Cast),and the Asted has very,very nice EVP. Head and Arm I wouldn't do without,and the boost from Tero/Legs is good for extra countering,plus subbing in Resist units as you get them,for whatever annoying status is in the area.