PDA

View Full Version : tough time deciding, please help

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 06:26 PM
I'm really having a hard time about this, should I go CAST fortefighter or CAST acrofighter? I like to dish out damage but I kinda like the agile look too, so what would end up being better for me? Also, how do shadoogs work? (is the name like RCMS or something like that?) I mean it says that ATA affects them, but someone said that a cast acrofighter would not be good with the RCMS(?) can anyone please explain? thanks

Gemel
Dec 8, 2007, 06:44 PM
Dont worry much about shadoog damage, they are mostly used for their SE. (Their damage is dependant on Tp)
Why dont you try going both paths? Doesnt hurt to be flexible. But if you HAD to choose one I would say... tough choice... fortefighter, just because they can use some of the slowest weapons doesnt mean they cant be agile.

tei
Dec 8, 2007, 06:46 PM
Well, Fortefighter and Acrofighter both deal a lot of damage.. so ask yourself this, do you like heavy dual-handed weaponry like axes and lances? If so, go Fortefigher. Or do you like light weaponry, like single handed weapons like swords and claws and dual daggers/handguns? If so, go Acro.

If I remember right, Shadoogs' damage is based on your TP. ...Kinda ironic for a ranged weapon, but yeah. So a CAST would have the worst shadoogs. As for how they work, they fly beside you and aim and shoot at enemies -on their own-, inflicting slight damage and a status effect often.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 8, 2007, 06:47 PM
At least you decided on a race which is probly the hardest thing to do. Fortfighter are the ones who do the huge numbers.

Cast Acrofighter works just fine, ranged mags are really only there for the status effects they do.

Pick fortfighter if you want to do the best damage.

Level both of them, either way your leveling your character up and the photon arts are shared so its not liek you lose anything.

MrNomad
Dec 8, 2007, 06:52 PM
I'd say if you wanted great dmg and ranged attacks just go Fighgunner, but since its not on your list, I'll say ForteFighter for the dmg.

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 06:53 PM
alright cool, thanks for the info, maybe ill go fortefighter and use some dual weapons like claws or sabers, that would be partly agile and i would be doing some nice damage.

EDIT: I only wanted to be an acrofighter because they get S rank 1 handed slicers and daggers which is cool. But I think fortefighter might be a better choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lavi on 2007-12-08 15:54 ]</font>

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 07:00 PM
also, fortefighters get s-rank twin sabers right?

Gemel
Dec 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
Now they do, before AoI they didnt.

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 07:03 PM
oh ok cool thanks

RACast_Raiden
Dec 8, 2007, 07:04 PM
You'll be fine as long as You're a CAST (SUVs)

/CAST Supremacy

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 07:09 PM
Well now that i think about it, I dont really need RCSMs do I? I mean, I could just use a handgun, plus I heard that acrofighters are a bit quicker than all the other types (except for acrotecher) is that true? I've seen videos but I don;t know if they're true.

Bliven
Dec 8, 2007, 07:14 PM
you should use RCSMs if you go acrofighter, it would be relatively stupid not to. The big thing about them is they shoot while you are attacking. so it's like free damage.

Gemel
Dec 8, 2007, 07:15 PM
I think acrofighters may attack a bit quicker but Im not sure.
What I do know is that the twin claw, single claw, twin dagger and twin saber animations have been made so that you attack faster for every class.

One thing that RCSMs do have going for them though is that they attack automatically and the A rank ones shoot three times.
(The videos that you saw could have been from the AoI beta so things could have changed also)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gemel on 2007-12-08 16:15 ]</font>

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 07:19 PM
hmm i see, but RCSMs are for the status effect, not the damage right?

Bliven
Dec 8, 2007, 07:20 PM
yea, they are for statuses, but they still do damage. even if it's only like 300-400 damage, it's free if you are gonna use a 1 hand melee weapon.

Lavi
Dec 8, 2007, 07:29 PM
alright so if its for the stats, I'm going CAST acrofighter, alright finally I've made up my mind, thanks everyone for the help!