PDA

View Full Version : Ok i made up my mind!

Rosenkrantz
Dec 9, 2007, 01:04 AM
Im switching to Xbox360. Now i would just like to collect some info, now i heard that the Xbox360 Elite doesnt have such a heating problem, is that true? Also what tips do u have to prolong the life of the xbox360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rosenkrantz on 2007-12-08 22:06 ]</font>

Blueblur
Dec 9, 2007, 01:09 AM
I"ve owned 3 different Xbox360s and not a single one ever gave me problems. Even my original launch console. The only reason I've sold two of them was because I was upgrading each time. Right now I have a Halo 3 Editon Xbox 360. Its by far my favorite console of this generation. The population and economy on PSU360 is pretty decent compared to PC/PS2 (or so I'm told).

Broodstar1337
Dec 9, 2007, 01:40 AM
The odds of you having a console that will never go bad on you are far greater than getting a console that will die on you. I'll tell you that much.

Rosenkrantz
Dec 9, 2007, 01:43 AM
I just dont want to get a the system and a month later have to replace it, thats a lot of money do the drain.

ZeroVer01
Dec 9, 2007, 01:46 AM
It seems like luck to me. I know a few friends who have never had a problem, and I know a few others that had theirs defective either out of the box, or within a few months.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 9, 2007, 01:49 AM
Doesn't Microsoft have that extended warranty on them anyways? So even if it does break, u don't need to buy another.

Edit: mine lasted a good year, just got Redified a week back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-08 22:50 ]</font>

ZeroVer01
Dec 9, 2007, 01:50 AM
Yep, they do, with all of the problems they have had in past with the 360.

Rosenkrantz
Dec 9, 2007, 02:02 AM
knowing my luck the day the warranty ran out my xbox would have a meltdown

pikachief
Dec 9, 2007, 02:03 AM
its a 3 year warranty....

Rosenkrantz
Dec 9, 2007, 02:06 AM
ooooo ok then my luck has nothing to with it =)

Elley
Dec 9, 2007, 02:14 AM
The newer elites (from June '07 and later) are solid as rocks. Great cooling & improved design. They're fine.

Raine_Loire
Dec 9, 2007, 02:29 AM
Yeah, Elites are better, reliability wise, but I have heard that the newly manufactured xboxs are doing well, and they are starting to "work out the bugs." There are sites that tell you who manufactures the boards for each "wave" of boxes, and which are the most reliable, by the serial number. But also the manufacture date will help ensure you don't get one of the first ones that they just found in the back room or something. There are also things you yourself can do to keep it from breaking (but obviously not 100%) Like if you store it vertically, there's a better chance of your disks getting scratched, and you need to keep it ventilated, etc...

The 3 year warranty only covers the 3 red lights on the RoL. All other problems (and there ARE other problems) are only covered by the standard warranty.

I wouldn't waste money on a halo 3 xbox, that is not an upgrade, it is purely sideways. For almost the same price as an elite, you get a premium with artwork. Buy a premium and a halo 3 skin. Or buy an Elite, if you can spare the cash, now that they are releasing original xbox games in the marketplace, your HD will fill fast!

Broodstar1337
Dec 9, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-12-08 23:29, Raine_Loire wrote:
Or buy an Elite, if you can spare the cash, now that they are releasing original xbox games in the marketplace, your HD will fill fast!

wat? Xbox Games? Damn, I don't have a 120GB harddrive...