PDA

View Full Version : Which has more players? Xbox360 or PC/PS2?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 9, 2007, 02:47 AM
360 has more but community feel wise I hear it's about the same.

DraconisWRX
Dec 9, 2007, 02:47 AM
The title sums it up... not a huge xbox fan, but if it has more people on it than PC/PS2 (I play on PC myself) then I might consider going that route...

So any info would be appreciated.

Syanaide
Dec 9, 2007, 02:50 AM
If you're just starting out, I'd go with 360, theres always plenty of people in every level range and prices are quite a bit more fair.

pikachief
Dec 9, 2007, 02:51 AM
it has about 3 times the population http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DraconisWRX
Dec 9, 2007, 02:52 AM
I just barely cam back after taking a break.... It just feels like the PC servers are "Empty" for lack of a better word...

Raine_Loire
Dec 9, 2007, 02:53 AM
There are more people, but on pc/ps2 I had a group that I partied with- I actually had contact with people when we exchanged friend cards.

On 360 it's more like PuGs all the time (I love that phrase now, I'm gonna help mainstream it). Even when I do exchange friend cards, I never talk to them again- and a lot of the time when I run into them they're like "We partied?" I'm like "check your cards"

Sooo yeah...

u_r
Dec 9, 2007, 02:55 AM
360 is full of kids lol

Mystil
Dec 9, 2007, 02:59 AM
Just like the last thread. If you're concerned about quantity.. don't come to the pc/ps2 servers.

BeastlyMike
Dec 9, 2007, 03:03 AM
On 2007-12-08 23:55, u_r wrote:
360 is full of kids lol

Phantasy Star Universe for the Xbox 360 is rated
TEEN for Fantasy Violence, Mild Language and Mild Suggestive Themes

Shadow_Wing
Dec 9, 2007, 03:06 AM
Didn't stop me from playing T games at the age of 8 <<

u_r
Dec 9, 2007, 03:06 AM
still full of kids screaming down the miic tho lol

BeastlyMike
Dec 9, 2007, 03:08 AM
On 2007-12-09 00:06, u_r wrote:

Are you on the PS2 or PC?

DraconisWRX
Dec 9, 2007, 03:08 AM

I remember that from watching my friends play Halo and Halo 2.

Mystil
Dec 9, 2007, 03:18 AM
Thats where we don't differ. Stupid people can be found on all PSU platforms.

u_r
Dec 9, 2007, 03:18 AM
On 2007-12-09 00:08, BeastlyMike wrote:

Are you on the PS2 or PC?

xboxx

Syl
Dec 9, 2007, 03:19 AM
On 2007-12-09 00:06, Shadow_Wing wrote:

Or M when I was about 9 lulz (Resident evil ftw)

DraconisWRX
Dec 9, 2007, 03:35 AM
On 2007-12-09 00:18, Mystil wrote:
Thats where we don't differ. Stupid people can be found on all PSU platforms.

Or just about any other online game for that matter...

Angelo
Dec 9, 2007, 03:45 AM
On 2007-12-08 23:51, pikachief wrote:
it has about 3 times the population http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You just have a major crush on the 360, Pika.

I don't know where you get these numbers from but you're always throwing them at me.

Iduno
Dec 9, 2007, 03:51 AM
just give screaming kids the boot lol saves a lot of hassle

Aviva
Dec 9, 2007, 04:03 AM
i play on the 360 and make lots of friends! i have two or three groups that i run with on a regular basis and even more that i run with here and there....yea there are a lot of kids...and yea there are a lot of annoying people....but there are just as many people that are worth playing with!!!

Thanubis
Dec 9, 2007, 04:15 AM
The PC version has better graphics and no lag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thanubis on 2007-12-09 02:08 ]</font>

xzidanex
Dec 9, 2007, 04:51 AM
Definitely more on the 360, from what I've heard (though I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this XD) the PC/PS2 has about a full universe on the highly populated times of day, and lately the 360's been having almost three full universes. And as other people have said, yes with the larger community comes more idiots, but that's normal for any MMO. And as far as kid's screaming in the mic, I can't say I've ever had that happen to me o.O Either way, theres plenty of people, and I'm sure it won't be hard to make some friends (though to be honest, it probably wouldn't be too hard to do on the PC/PS2 either, since you only need five other people to party with, so it shouldn't be a problem if you go that route either).

DraconisWRX
Dec 9, 2007, 05:02 AM
Sigh.. so torn lol the only other thing i'm concerned with is getting a 360, (most likely the elite with the upgraded hardware) PSU and AoI, Xbox live, etc I would have to sell my current AoI for Pc and some other things and put of upgrading my computer for a bit longer...

Indica
Dec 9, 2007, 05:36 AM
PC/PS2 has richer people and easier to make money

susaru7
Dec 9, 2007, 07:16 AM
Im gonna be honest doing the week , its 3 servers full around 12 pm central time. The kiddies aren't out of school. However on the weekend its gets at least 20 stars and sometimes 31( i wish i can take pics) thats with the kiddies. You can usually tell when they come on cause they start screaming ,. Yapping bout my weapon can do this ,and i made that blah blah blah . so take if from there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: susaru7 on 2007-12-09 04:24 ]</font>

ZiG
Dec 9, 2007, 07:48 AM
Both servers are the same, as far as maturity/immaturity. The only difference is that PC/PS2 doesn't have mic support. So you get more 'Fft!' sounds as those same 'kids' spam chat bubbles with dumb stuff.

I've played both sides (I started on PC/PS2 back at launch, left for many months, and came back about a week ago, on 360.) I can honestly say I enjoy the 360 version a little better, but that's just a personal preference of performance and whatnot, and has nothing to do with either community.

-Asheth-
Dec 9, 2007, 07:55 AM
Isn't there like a poll on the first page? Umm with votes that like umm says who has the most players and isnt this like umm topic 10 on this same subject? yea

Raine_Loire
Dec 9, 2007, 08:00 AM
I agree, zig, I prefer the 360 version. And since most people on this forum are youngish anyway, the screaming kids won't bother them as much as it bothers me. I think from the way people talked when the game first came out, the xbox servers have calmed down a lot from the beginning as well. I heard a lot of horror stories of women harassed in parties when the guys heard their voices.

Any xbox live game you play is going to be full of kids. The funny stuff happens when you're on at like midnight or 1 AM GMT, and all these drunk English dudes come on. It's sooo hard to understand a drunk English dude! They're going off about wanker this and bloody that... It's hard not to laugh.

I left the ps2 version back when there were the spam wars between the "hackers" and all that drama, I can't say there's anything to compare to THAT excitement on the xbox ^_^

MetalIdol876
Dec 9, 2007, 09:06 AM
The 360 has lots of slowdown if you play it as intended; with sound on. I have it, and nobody can tell me otherwise. I know the difference between lag and slowdown, and the slowdown is horrible on 360. Same for PS2. There is little difference. The PC also has slowdown if your PC isn't a top-end model, but thankfully mine is. I much prefer PC even if we only have one universe full at peak. Why? The game runs fantastic so when I DO get a party, I don't have to turn the sound and music off because my system can't handle a full party doing their individual thing.

Speaking of 360, I need to cancel my license for that console today when I get off work. I keep forgetting to do it.

Sekani
Dec 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
On 2007-12-09 02:02, DraconisWRX wrote:
Sigh.. so torn lol the only other thing i'm concerned with is getting a 360, (most likely the elite with the upgraded hardware) PSU and AoI, Xbox live, etc I would have to sell my current AoI for Pc and some other things and put of upgrading my computer for a bit longer...

Get it for PC then, this game's not worth all that expense.

jayster
Dec 9, 2007, 11:07 AM
Firstly, 360 has about 3-4 times as many players and its easier to find parties if you don't have a static group of friends to play with.

That's such a hyperbole. That's like saying everyone on the pc / ps2 hacks and are elitist because they use all the hacked meseta to buy elite palletes..

For one, this isn't a very frusturating game so even if some kids do play it, they don't run around screaming. Second, high level characters tend to be older folk, most the little kids are weeded out in the begginning levels. I have played with far more mature people than immature people.

ZiG
Dec 9, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-12-09 06:56, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-12-09 02:02, DraconisWRX wrote:

Get it for PC then, this game's not worth all that expense.

This is true. Getting a console just to play one game is just something you shouldn't do. I got a 360 years ago because I knew Halo 3 was only gonna be on it, and that's it. When Halo 3 came out, I played it religiously for a week, then kinda trailed off... then Call of Duty 4 came out and I was like "Halo what?" ...Luckily in the years I've had my 360, loads and loads of other games have come out that have made me glad I bought the console, but stick with what you have if you'll have to pay all that cash just to play the 360 version.

Addark
Dec 9, 2007, 12:37 PM
On 2007-12-08 23:53, Raine_Loire wrote:
There are more people, but on pc/ps2 I had a group that I partied with- I actually had contact with people when we exchanged friend cards.

On 360 it's more like PuGs all the time (I love that phrase now, I'm gonna help mainstream it). Even when I do exchange friend cards, I never talk to them again- and a lot of the time when I run into them they're like "We partied?" I'm like "check your cards"

Sooo yeah...

Heh. xD That's, in a way, pretty true. Though for the most part I usually recognize somebody I partied with, even when I was doing random Seabed parties.

blkbeast
Dec 9, 2007, 12:52 PM
lol 360 is tha place to be idk bout every1 else
but my friends and the ppl id trust with my acount are all on 360
my fam in a sense

omegapirate2k
Dec 9, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-12-09 08:07, jayster wrote:
For one, this isn't a very frusturating game so even if some kids do play it, they don't run around screaming. Second, high level characters tend to be older folk, most the little kids are weeded out in the begginning levels. I have played with far more mature people than immature people.

I have to agree with you, in all my experience I have rarely, rarely encountered kids, most of the people I've played with were about 17 and up.

And yeah, if the only reason your going to buy an elite is for PSU, then just go to PC, it's not worth THAT much.

If theres other games your interested in though, go right ahead http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorak000
Dec 9, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-12-09 00:06, Shadow_Wing wrote:

I 'twas playing Metal Gear Solid at age 8 (FTW)

on topic:
360: 2-3 full uni's w/ random stars distributed to rnd uni's
PS2/PC: (correct me if i'm wrong) uni 2 is the most populated but rarely fills.

Addark
Dec 9, 2007, 01:09 PM
Y'know, just some food for thought. >_> I'm a girl and I play as a boy character, and some people have told me that they think I'm a 12-year-old boy when I first join their party. So you might not be playing with as many kids as you think. Just.. girls. XD

AC9breaker
Dec 9, 2007, 01:43 PM
On 2007-12-09 10:09, Addark wrote:
Y'know, just some food for thought. >_> I'm a girl and I play as a boy character, and some people have told me that they think I'm a 12-year-old boy when I first join their party. So you might not be playing with as many kids as you think. Just.. girls. XD

That would make sense. After all, RPGs are girl games. Oh Yeah! I went there!

DraconisWRX
Dec 9, 2007, 03:26 PM
Well there are a few interesting games coming to the 360 or have already been released that look interesting, like mass effect for example and a few other RPG's. It would have been nice to see AoI released on PS3 but I can also see why they may not have.

Addark
Dec 9, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-12-09 10:43, AC9breaker wrote:

That would make sense. After all, RPGs are girl games. Oh Yeah! I went there!

OHH SNAP!

I guess that means all the guys I play with.. oh.. my...

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 9, 2007, 04:03 PM
Well, four white stars on peak PS2/PC hours, and last Saturday the 2nd we had 31 white stars on the 360. White star is equivalent to 101-200 people, so the population was about 5500-6000 that night, not counting the clear stars.

pikachief
Dec 9, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-12-09 00:45, Angelo wrote:

On 2007-12-08 23:51, pikachief wrote:

You just have a major crush on the 360, Pika.

I don't know where you get these numbers from but you're always throwing them at me.

numbers? :/

the PC/PS2 ver. has like 1 uni fulll at the peak.....

we were able to fill 4 universes at once.... (31 stars ^.^)

no crush, jsut da tooth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Dec 9, 2007, 06:12 PM
the only other thing i'm concerned with is getting a 360, (most likely the elite with the upgraded hardware) PSU and AoI, Xbox live, etc

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. The X360 isn't worth PSU/AoI - regardless of how many more people it has over the PC/PS2 version. If you're going to buy a 360, buy it because you want a 360 and the games it has available for it. PSU should be the icing on the cake, not the substance. If you can still find parties on the PC version, and it runs decently on your system - I see no reason to shell out $500 to switch over to the same damned game, except with a shit-ton of screaming children and the loss of all your progress up to this point.

Noblewine
Dec 9, 2007, 06:26 PM
In the PC/PS2 is probably better though Xbox 360 has more people. I really can't tell. But it seems that after the expansion the PC/PS2 seems to be populated again. I won't even touch a Xbox 360 though being able to use a mic is nice however learning to adapt to Micros is better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2007-12-09 15:27 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 9, 2007, 06:30 PM

i met a girl like that >.>

and if wat u say is true... i could've played with like 50 girls i didnt know where girls now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

eehhh, still doesnt change the fact that they were always asking for monies >.<

Raine_Loire
Dec 9, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-12-09 15:30, pikachief wrote:

and if wat u say is true... i could've played with like 50 girls i didnt know where girls now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ha ha they probably WERE girls in that case -.-

I AM a chick, I play AS a chick, and people STILL insist I'm a prepubescent boy. I'm like "No, I'm a 28 year old woman... REALLY!" And they're say "Suuuure you are!" Then Laguna says "Really, I'm in the room with her RIGHT NOW" But eventually I drop it, cause I don't care THAT MUCH...

I agree, although there is a bit of mic abuse, I wouldn't say the kids run around screaming. More like there's a lot of shout spam, but there is in pc/ps2 too...

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 9, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-12-09 16:07, Raine_Loire wrote:

I AM a chick, I play AS a chick, and people STILL insist I'm a prepubescent boy. I'm like "No, I'm a 28 year old woman... REALLY!" And they're say "Suuuure you are!" Then Laguna says "Really, I'm in the room with her RIGHT NOW" But eventually I drop it, cause I don't care THAT MUCH...

I agree, although there is a bit of mic abuse, I wouldn't say the kids run around screaming. More like there's a lot of shout spam, but there is in pc/ps2 too...

That's why I quit talking on Xbox Live years ago.

Raine_Loire
Dec 9, 2007, 08:32 PM
The fun ones are the people who come in a room and are like "do you have a mic?" and if you don't answer they keep saying "Hellloooooooo does anyone have a mic? Helllllllooooooo!" Then you can type WHAT??? And report them for mic abuse, mwah ha ha ha.

Angelo
Dec 9, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-12-09 16:07, Raine_Loire wrote:

Ain't that the damn truth.

doubleEXP
Dec 9, 2007, 09:46 PM
I just came back a couple days ago. I play on PC.

Universe 2 is usually 3-4 stars, and the rest of the universes have some people on them.

Basically, you see people a lot, but its not like crowded or anything.

I actually like it a lot. The few people I've talked to so far on the ps2/pc version seem friendly. So, there's my 2 meseta's worth, haha.

st45st
Dec 9, 2007, 09:50 PM
1st there over 70,000 on born on dates on xbox live, and growing each month.

2nd all those cry about kids on mic need understand that mics run on mono so less bandwith so adults and women can sound like kids , you look at context the voice chat is in,

3rd how many parents out them 70000 plus people going pay 10$ months so there kids can play, not many.

4th the slow down alot players see is because there internet is set up wrong, routers, wifi(someone downloading files on pcs or more) and others things taking the bandwith ,xbox live host files that are beings sent to one another like a mission maps is the problem. (mobs exp is data file from sega), segas severs doesnt do good job giving the best connect to the host , but if got good connection and setup notice none them slow downs there even with six people , i beleive it something there afraid to fix, the host thing ,since people might take advantage of it. PC users just hide that flaw, but its there , ps2 players it really bad.

5th xbox live is great service if learn to use it right , if think person kid mute forever, most teenagers will really show up if they got friends with them, just look at there language context just because people say f bomb or ask can here me means not kid ,

6th 4yrs xbox live i only came across really only hand full kids under 12 most them were normal it the teenager crowd thinks it cool show off with there friends that are bad ,

7th players shops on 360 are fair and cheap and can just about get your hand on every weapon available. and not take months ,weeks, or days,

KRKcl17
Dec 9, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-12-09 15:12, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. The X360 isn't worth PSU/AoI - regardless of how many more people it has over the PC/PS2 version. If you're going to buy a 360, buy it because you want a 360 and the games it has available for it. PSU should be the icing on the cake, not the substance. If you can still find parties on the PC version, and it runs decently on your system - I see no reason to shell out $500 to switch over to the same damned game, except with a shit-ton of screaming children and the loss of all your progress up to this point.

QFT.

HalfDarShadow
Dec 9, 2007, 10:00 PM
way to sum it up st45st lol

well case close.

but the point is of this is that there are more 360 psu users.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

HalfDarShadow
Dec 9, 2007, 10:06 PM
o and another thing.

if it really bothers every1 about screaming little kids,

youh could either isolate yourself from everyone else and hang with the friends youh already have, BOOT the annoying kids lol, or mute them, problem solved.

and does it really matter if there a boy or girl? gender shouldnt matter much. i personally think and treat of everyone equally, boy or girl.

so does this clear up a bit?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HalfDarShadow on 2007-12-09 19:07 ]</font>

DraconisWRX
Dec 9, 2007, 10:12 PM
On 2007-12-09 18:46, doubleEXP wrote:
I just came back a couple days ago. I play on PC.

Universe 2 is usually 3-4 stars, and the rest of the universes have some people on them.

Basically, you see people a lot, but its not like crowded or anything.

I actually like it a lot. The few people I've talked to so far on the ps2/pc version seem friendly. So, there's my 2 meseta's worth, haha.

Yea tonight uni 2 had 4 stars met up with a good group it was fun. Wb and btw, BSG FTW http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sinue_v2
Dec 9, 2007, 10:39 PM
2nd all those cry about kids on mic need understand that mics run on mono so less bandwith so adults and women can sound like kids , you look at context the voice chat is in,

Who the hell cares whether it's an authentic 12 year old screaming into the mic, or if it's a 40 year old screaming into the mic who just happens to sound like a 12 year old. Annoying screaming asshattery is annoying screaming asshattery - regardless of who it comes from. A simple solution is this. Just turn off the voice chat volume and mute the mic. Tell people your NAT is set to moderate or strict. Communicate only via keyboard. If they don't boot you immediately, chances are they're not the annoying screaming shithead type and it's safe to take a chance and turn up the volume. If it's a decent party, turn on the mic. NAT is sometimes funny like that. Or just tell them the truth. They'll probably get a lol out of it.

4th the slow down alot players see is because there internet is set up wrong, routers, wifi(someone downloading files on pcs or more) and others things taking the bandwith

You have absolutely no idea what the distinction between lag and slowdown is do you?

but if got good connection and setup notice none them slow downs there even with six people , i beleive it something there afraid to fix, the host thing ,since people might take advantage of it. PC users just hide that flaw, but its there , ps2 players it really bad.

/facepalm.bmp

... because a .jpg just isn't big enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-12-09 19:48 ]</font>

Iceman2667
Dec 9, 2007, 10:42 PM
I hear it's about the same

Sychosis
Dec 9, 2007, 10:43 PM
Amazing how a simple question with a simple answer can evolve into all this crap...

Sinue_v2
Dec 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
This was a troll topic to begin with. And if it wasn't, it should have been.

McLaughlin
Dec 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
You all bit the bait.

Dhylec
Dec 9, 2007, 10:52 PM
Let's end it here before more victims fall for the trap.

Just a note for a seemingly small problem ;]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/dhylec/jppsu.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-12-09 19:53 ]</font>