PDA

View Full Version : Quick question.

Xen1
Dec 9, 2007, 01:24 PM
Which single dagger skill is better? Shunbu Shouren-zan or Buten Shuren-zan?

Libram
Dec 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
If you want a quick, cheap, almost unstoppable attack that pops the enemy into the air then Shunbu is better. If you want something that gives out a number of quick hits and just want to trip the enemy then Buten is better.

In my opinion, however, Buten gets the job done a lot faster and safer, especially against enemies like the BDV and the Kagis that like to spin after being hit with a pop up or blow back attack.

Libram
Dec 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
Hooray! My first double post!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Libram on 2007-12-09 10:36 ]</font>

Xen1
Dec 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
So Buten is quicker? I have Shunbu already and it has to charge up sadly. Does GREAT damage though.

Xen1
Dec 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
So Buten is quicker? I have Shunbu already and it has to charge up sadly. Does GREAT damage though.

blkbeast
Dec 9, 2007, 01:38 PM
i agree with libram

GravY
Dec 9, 2007, 07:23 PM
Personally , I prefer Hikia Shuha-Zan. lol. sonic ftw

Dragwind
Dec 9, 2007, 07:39 PM
They're both good in their own situations. Buten is great for most situations due to the multiple hits at good damage, and the second combo hits 3 targets if I remember correctly.

Shunbu is great for a quick knockdown/knockback. It works well in tight situations where you might need some room to recooperate. It had a damage boost from the update, so it's damage output is decent at that as well.

Hikai is great as well, but situational. I tend to use it on semi-large enemies. The first hit can be used very generally in most situations, but the second combo takes some practice to make it hit the direction you need to. It can also work well in tight situations where you need some room due to the knockback.