PDA

View Full Version : AotI: mayalee prism help please

majan
Dec 9, 2007, 11:27 PM
so what's it all about?does it knock eveything down?good damage?little advice please as to whethe or not its worth getting.also does it level fast?

KyEmo
Dec 9, 2007, 11:38 PM
Please, please, PLEASE use it correctly.

It's used for pinning mobs down. I ran into atleast 4 jackasses today that used it to spray everything all over.

majan
Dec 10, 2007, 12:03 AM
believe me I'm a huge advocate of not abusing pas.do you need to be behind the enemie s for it to hit like mayalee fury how it has 1% acc?

Tetsaru
Dec 10, 2007, 05:06 AM
I got it, used it for a while... and now never use it anymore, lol.

Mayalee Prism will cause knockback to anything it hits... but its range compared to a normal laser is pretty much cut in half, which really hurts its usefulness. Even as a FG, I also saw it missing a lot, too... I see it as an alternative to a grenade launcher shot that works best at close range, since grenades don't work very well if an enemy keeps rushing you.

If I were you, I'd save my PA frags for something else. Knockback is more of a melee class's specialty anyway. If you wanna take out something close up, just use a shotgun or crossbow.

Also, though a bit lacking in accuracy, Mayalee Prism does NOT start out with 1% accuracy - that's only exclusive to Mayalee FURY. I tend to use that PA a lot, though only on large enemies like Jarbas, Svaltus, Dilnazens, etc. to flinch-lock them into a wall or something.

amtalx
Dec 10, 2007, 05:22 AM
On 2007-12-10 02:06, Tetsaru wrote:

Knockback is more of a melee class's specialty anyway.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Don't believe those lies. Melee classes suck at knockback. Reason? It's not focused. Melee knockback scatters the hell out of everything. Gunner knockback sends everything in the same direction. Tightly packed enemies are easier to kill than ones that are spread out.

Tetsaru
Dec 10, 2007, 05:41 AM
On 2007-12-10 02:22, amtalx wrote:
Melee classes suck at knockback. Reason? It's not focused. Melee knockback scatters the hell out of everything. Gunner knockback sends everything in the same direction.

Well... yes and no. Sure, Mayalee Prism is an easy way to do it, but stuff like Rising Strike and Rising Crush can do it just as well, if timed and aimed properly - it just depends on the attack. Grenades can scatter stuff just as badly as Tornado Dance does, if aimed right. But then again, grenades are better suited for multi-target enemies like De Ragan, Drua Gohras, Kog Nadds, etc.

Personally, scattering vs. linear knockback doesn't really matter to me unless I'm using a shotgun, where I have to usually be at point blank range to hit something, unless I'm tagging multiple enemies. As a gunner, when someone knocks something back, I usually don't get mad about it. All I have to do is just point in a different direction and fire, lol...

Dragwind
Dec 10, 2007, 06:37 AM
It's great for putting mobs where you want them. Used correctly, you can keep a mob pinned down to a corner for easy pwning or the similar like. The damage isn't too bad either during the whole time you're firing it at a mob of multiple targets, of course.

biggabertha
Dec 10, 2007, 08:12 AM
Mayalee Prism takes a rather long time to level, probably just as long as regular elemental bullets do. It starts off with a horrendous accuracy modifier but it gets more and more accurate as you go along. It's best use is to keep groups of small creatures pinned in a corner and the only reason you'd use this over a Grenade Launcher is because a Grenade Launcher takes longer to actually hit and when it does hit, it only hits four targets. Mayalee Prism (as soon as the weapon's loaded that is) fires instantly, it's effect happens instantly so your team can get to work on the enemies faster.

It's a very party orientated PA but the drawbacks of it far out-weigh it;s usefulness. FIrstly, it costs 75 PA fragments, it isn't as strong as the other bullets are, it has less range than normal laser bullets, it costs more per shot to fire and since all bullets now flinch an enemy/stops them in their tracks for a split second, all the other Laser Cannon bullets do almost the same job as Mayalee Prism does for a reduced cost, higher attack and higher accuracy.

A shame really but I'm interested to see how it is at Lv. 40 in case it has some hidden secret. I'm not holding my breath though.. It's only at Lv. 18 at the moment.

amtalx
Dec 10, 2007, 09:16 AM
On 2007-12-10 02:41, Tetsaru wrote:

On 2007-12-10 02:22, amtalx wrote:
Melee classes suck at knockback. Reason? It's not focused. Melee knockback scatters the hell out of everything. Gunner knockback sends everything in the same direction.

Well... yes and no. Sure, Mayalee Prism is an easy way to do it, but stuff like Rising Strike and Rising Crush can do it just as well, if timed and aimed properly - it just depends on the attack. Grenades can scatter stuff just as badly as Tornado Dance does, if aimed right. But then again, grenades are better suited for multi-target enemies like De Ragan, Drua Gohras, Kog Nadds, etc.

Personally, scattering vs. linear knockback doesn't really matter to me unless I'm using a shotgun, where I have to usually be at point blank range to hit something, unless I'm tagging multiple enemies. As a gunner, when someone knocks something back, I usually don't get mad about it. All I have to do is just point in a different direction and fire, lol...

NOTHING scatters enemies as badly as Tornado Dance (except maybe Regrants). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif When I said "knockback" I should have said "crowd control". Fighters suck at crowd control. Between Mayalee Prism and Grenade Launchers, gunners have all the bases covered. Something like Rising Strike only affects 2 enemies.

As a heavy Laser Cannon and Shotty user, non-liner knockback drives me f%cking crazy.

majan
Dec 10, 2007, 09:42 AM
thanks guys.I probably won't do it till I get the frags for it,that is,I won't really be rushing for it.not like anything currrently out is challenging enough to necessitate such a need just yet.thanks for thw advice tho.

TUSCAN
Dec 10, 2007, 09:59 AM
I find in bigger parties the enemy locations load up differently for every player, so while I have the whole spawn nicely seated on their butts in the corner everyone else is complaining about me shooting tornado dance. it's simultaneously one of the most useful and useless PA's in the game. it's awesome if you can communicate with other players what you are trying to do, not awesome if you don't. you also need to have a good understanding on spawn patterns to get the most out of it, because it can be very handy if you can get in position to shoot an entire spawn before they actually appear. it's also very, very useful on anything that doesn't get knocked back, like worms or sendillians. like, super super duper useful.

Zorak000
Dec 10, 2007, 10:27 AM
It was useful during firebreak for those fire olgomon that quite possibly hid a tiny megid inside their foie. it is also good if you feel cornered. I like it 'cause it makes the wepon feel like a laser cannon.

Akaimizu
Dec 10, 2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah. MayaLee Prism, for me, has been a situational weapon. The great part of it is that you can AIM where monster fly to. The idea is to pin a whole group of very powerful Tech-chuckers, in a corner, so other party members can run in and beat the now-defenseless mobs down.

When it works well, you've turned a situation with a high-chance of deaths to a complete Rout, by your party. I mainly say that because it just seems to be much easier to maintain shock on foes that melee, than silence or confuse on a group of tech chuckers. The trick is lining them up, especially if they go teleport crazy.

Because you run out of ammo for it very quickly, it's best when you know the map well. It's kind of like traps for a GT, you only get a limited use of them so you make a mental note of precise locations in a map you should use such a thing. Normally, I'll mark a couple of major enemy-techer locations (on a map where they really are dangerous) and remember to set the Cannon on, then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-10 07:37 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Dec 10, 2007, 01:35 PM
I've liked this PA cause like Mayalee Fury, I can stun lock large mobs without having to run behind them. But yes, it IS a situational PA. But like others have said, may not be as usefull anymore compared to the high frag costs.

Though I personally think it's most uesful on GT's cause of their lack of G Launchers. (yes, I think Mayaleee Prism is WAY more precise than G Launchers since it knocks back in a line, than G Launcher's knock down/back spread). It's one of the few weapons a GT can use to knock enemies around in dire situations.

Akaimizu
Dec 10, 2007, 01:39 PM
It is. Their only other weapons are Daggers and Sabers, where they pick arts that knock down on the first PA combo. Of course, in the situations for which MayaLee Prism is useful, the Dagger and Saber PAs are not only not very useful here; they're suicide. It's fine if you have only a single caster or two, grouped together. But for a group....well anybody can tell how dangerous that is.