PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Something I would have never tried before AOI

EvilSlacker
Dec 10, 2007, 07:25 AM
I have played and enjoyed fortegunner for a long time. However, in my opinion, it has become stale and boring since AOI. I may get flamed over this, but to be perfectly honest : The black bull sucks mkay. It looks teh G@y. Plus and once again, please feel free to disagree, but after finally seeing a rattlesnake in action, I was severely disappointed. Soooo, I did what I would have never considered pre-AOI. I switched to guntecher. Not a big deal you say? It was and is to me. I have watched several of my friends try to play this class pre-AOI and I have never seen such massive suck and fail in a class, in a PSO-ish game dating back to dreamcast where I came in the first time. I am actually having fun with it and the only thought in the back of my mind is giving up S rank shottys. I have not found another draw back so far. So I would like some advice from the faithful please. You know the people stuck at work surfing this site, that would rather be home relaxing with some PSU and snacks. Please lay out the pros and cons, in relation to high level runs and parties. Thx much in advance for the view and reply.

CelestialBlade
Dec 10, 2007, 07:40 AM
1) S-ranks are 90% for looks.

2) Guntecher has improved vastly since pre-AoI. We finally aren't abysmally weak and we're an extremely good support class now. We're finally like RAmarls, which is why I chose the class in the first place. Guntecher is one of those classes that everyone looks down upon because OH GOD NOT MAXIMUM DPS, but that's not our strength. We do good damage, combined with versatility, and our newfound ability to support. Most people assume that we're obsolete just because of Acrotechers, but I party almost exclusively with an AT and trust me, we're very useful. The AT can't be everywhere at once, and if they go AFK or whatever, I normally take over the support role.

ilovetypemoon
Dec 10, 2007, 07:40 AM
On 2007-12-10 04:25, EvilSlacker wrote:
The black bull sucks mkay. It looks teh G@y.

GASP! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Anyways, from what I have heard people talking about guntechers in AotI, they are somewhat like an "acrogunenr" class. They specialize in single handed range weapons like handguns, crossbows, and machineguns. With Madoogs/TCSM's now they are able to heal and support while shooting or tech and shoot (maybe you're surrounded and want to shoot of a gi-something. Which I wouldn't suggest since GT only gets lvl20 attack techs). They also get lvl40 bullets which = instant win. I guess if you're bored of standing in one spot and spamming rifles, GT will be fun for you.

BTW, I don't play gunners so none of this is from experience.

CelestialBlade
Dec 10, 2007, 07:42 AM
On 2007-12-10 04:40, ilovetypemoon wrote:
Anyways, from what I have heard people talking about guntechers in AotI, they are somewhat like an "acrogunenr" class. They specialize in single handed range weapons like handguns, crossbows, and machineguns. With Madoogs/TCSM's now they are able to heal and support while shooting or tech and shoot (maybe you're surrounded and want to shoot of a gi-something. Which I wouldn't suggest since GT only gets lvl20 attack techs). They also get lvl40 bullets which = instant win. I guess if you're bored of standing in one spot and spamming rifles, GT will be fun for you.

BTW, I don't play gunners so none of this is from experience.

Acrogunner is a good way of putting it. Though I wouldn't say our attack techs are useless just because they cap at 20, though they're not as powerful as my Bullets. Gi-techs are still useful though.