PDA

View Full Version : Do lv.31+ techs get faster at casting?

Chaobo99
Dec 10, 2007, 10:20 AM
I don't know if it's just me but my spells felt like they cast faster from 30->31 when normally they get a little slower.

Telina
Dec 10, 2007, 10:25 AM
lol i wish, if anything they cost more pp and cast slower, i WISH they casted faster T_T i hate being required to wear a har/quick just to have the time to attack with all of the slicers and mech guns.

Sekani
Dec 10, 2007, 10:34 AM
Don't know about cast time, but the fireball travels a bit faster when you get Foie to 31.

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2007, 10:35 AM
I haven't really noticed much slowdown in the TECHNICs I've gotten to LV31+ (so far, only Diga and Dambarta; Foie will be there soon), but as Telina said, I imagine they'll only get slower.

On that note, however, is it just me or does Regrant cast faster the higher its level gets? When I reached LV21+ with it, it seemed to initiate a lot faster than before.

CelestialBlade
Dec 10, 2007, 10:37 AM
I thought Regrant didn't have any cast time.

majan
Dec 10, 2007, 10:41 AM
it seems to me too that they were a bit faster or at least definitely not at all slower than 21+.I just hope that masterforces get a speedboost because there is no quick unit in that sexy list of new s ranlk slots.

StkDrowsy
Dec 10, 2007, 10:45 AM
31 foie i belive did get a boost in speed from point "a" to point "b", but no casting boost, it travels faster, and diga.....still a slow ball of pure pwnage

Umberger
Dec 10, 2007, 11:37 AM
On 2007-12-10 07:35, EspioKaos wrote:

On that note, however, is it just me or does Regrant cast faster the higher its level gets? When I reached LV21+ with it, it seemed to initiate a lot faster than before.

I noticed that as well...it seems like at 21 it loses its cast time completely.

Telina
Dec 10, 2007, 12:20 PM
If anyone noticed when the expansion came out they tweaked the spells a little bit, changed some effects and whatnot. I think they may have adjusted the cast time then too. Granted all my spells were at 31 ASAP at the time so i didn't have much time to experiment with the changes i may have taken for granted. I DO know that they reduced the range of 21 Gi techs because the damage used to reach slightly outside of the visual effect and not its only stuff within the effect. but back on topic.

The cast time may have been altered, but because everything happened at once, i.e. the expansion and the excitement and crap, not many people had the presence of mind to actually approach keen details like these i guess http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tekershee
Dec 10, 2007, 01:16 PM
I got rafoie to 31, it doesn't feel much slower. But the animation stays on the screen, as does Ramegid so it might feel it's being casted faster.

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2007, 03:12 PM
I still don't quite understand why techs become slower as they level. It seems like you should dread leveling a tech, rather than enjoy it like you do with melee PAs. There just seems to be more downsides than there are upsides.

CelestialBlade
Dec 10, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-12-10 12:12, Zorafim wrote:
I still don't quite understand why techs become slower as they level. It seems like you should dread leveling a tech, rather than enjoy it like you do with melee PAs. There just seems to be more downsides than there are upsides.

Bullets aren't much different. They keep costing more and more per shot and a lot of the 31+ gains are pathetic (I'm looking at you, Killer Shot and Yak Zagenga).

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2007, 03:15 PM
At least they don't get slower, though.

SolRiver
Dec 10, 2007, 03:25 PM
Bow PA do get slower as it hit lv11, 21.

panzer_unit
Dec 10, 2007, 04:30 PM
... do Quick units work on bows? If that's the case, omg.

Kion
Dec 10, 2007, 04:38 PM
With the massive animations for level 31 techs I wonder if the slow down is simply due to lag?

What about factoring in weapon ranks? My S rank yomei rifle shoots way faster than my phantom. So I wonder if casting would be faster on 10* weapons versus A rank, to accomidate any possile slow down.

Umberger
Dec 10, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-12-10 13:38, Kion wrote:

What about factoring in weapon ranks? My S rank yomei rifle shoots way faster than my phantom. So I wonder if casting would be faster on 10* weapons versus A rank, to accomidate any possile slow down.

I've heard something about different ranks being faster, but I don't know if there was ever any "extensive" testing on it to confirm whether it existed.

Zorafim
Dec 10, 2007, 05:44 PM
I know that higher ranking rifles have higher range. Unfortunately, I don't have any proof on me, but a JP player shot a picture where he was standing on the same spot, and a monster that was too far away for his GRM rifle wasn't too far away for his yohmei rifle.

Chaobo99
Dec 10, 2007, 11:43 PM
Well,I guess they just might feel faster..but even so, to me at least,they don't feel any slower than lv.21+ which is good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. They should have Fortetecher-only quick units that ADD TP xD......