PDA

View Full Version : De Rol Le glitch, is it just me?

Telina
Dec 10, 2007, 10:55 AM
Long story short, it occured to me that you can't hit De Rol Le with any sort of dam- spell. And further more, when he throws his little bombs in a line at you, using zonde only hits one at a time for some reason. Anyone else notice this odd occurance?

I got a feeling the game treats the bombs at parts of the same creature so thats why zonde doesn't work on it :

CelestialBlade
Dec 10, 2007, 10:57 AM
Kinda unrelated but I've noticed that my friends have trouble hitting him with anything that isn't Sturm Buster/Attacker when he's up close to the side of the raft. Lots of weird things with him.

Akaimizu
Dec 10, 2007, 10:59 AM
I know when he circles the boat, it's like nothing I have can actually hit him. Stuff just goes through him. I thought it might be some kind of invincibility, during that move, but others say they swear they can hit him, during that time.

Red_Sasori
Dec 10, 2007, 11:03 AM
Actually, Sturm Attacker misses a lot for me >.<

CelestialBlade
Dec 10, 2007, 11:13 AM
On 2007-12-10 07:59, Akaimizu wrote:
I know when he circles the boat, it's like nothing I have can actually hit him. Stuff just goes through him. I thought it might be some kind of invincibility, during that move, but others say they swear they can hit him, during that time.

I can hit him, you have to lead your shots. He's also farther out than you think--he looks like he's in Twin Handgun range, but I have to use a Rifle to tag him. But he's shooting out so many things that I'm normally healing while he's circling the boat anyway.

Ssslither
Dec 10, 2007, 11:16 AM
When he circles the boat aim for the head: gun, bow and even diga or foie. Your Sturm shouldn't be missing at all when he's up by the boat. All hits will be aimed towards the head.

Telina
Dec 10, 2007, 11:18 AM
when you use the sturm buster, look at his head, cause thats where the damage shows up. and as for his circling deal. typheros is right, i can hit him with foie, but i have to lead the shot by about half a circle lol. Grom buster seems to simply not hit anything that isn't its head. i don't use a cast so i can't experiment with it. but its wierd that he's totoally invincible to damfoie. even when he's in range for melee to hit him

ErtaiClou
Dec 10, 2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah that is weird, I was thinking sturm might only encompass the craft, that he would have to be on it for the suv to actually damage him. My alt is the cast tho, so I haven't experimented too much.

Longtail
Dec 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
Its possible to hit him with twin handguns while he's circling, just need to stand at the very corner of the raft. Though he moves in and out of range quickly since the corner is the best time he's in range for twin handguns. And you still need to shoot a little ahead of where he actually is.

MetalIdol876
Dec 10, 2007, 11:48 AM
Sturm Buster lands for all ticks when De Rol Le is attached to the boat. Works for me every time. And the damage is always to his head.

chibiLegolas
Dec 10, 2007, 01:14 PM
Sorry for de-railing the topic off a bit, but what about twin handgun range vs. rifle?
I was frustrated with my twin handgun range so decide to go FoG to snipe him whenever he's just outside twin handgun range in any attack/stage he maybe in, and STILL can't seem to hit him.

Am I doing something wrong? I KNOW rifle range should hit him whenever he's just floating. Hell, I've sniped plenty of normal creatures in general from a great distance. But I can't seem to hit the boss at a certain distance. Any reason why?

Another quick question:
I've been told that whenever he goes underwater, having 4 players stand on the corner switches shocks him, thus forcing him to surface. Is this true? I don't recall anyone mentioning this before on the forums. Only the known fact that the switches helps direct the raft.

Thanks for any input.

Turambar
Dec 10, 2007, 01:24 PM
Actually, you will often find that he is floating out of range for even rifles and bows.

CelestialBlade
Dec 10, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-12-10 10:14, chibiLegolas wrote:
Sorry for de-railing the topic off a bit, but what about twin handgun range vs. rifle?
I was frustrated with my twin handgun range so decide to go FoG to snipe him whenever he's just outside twin handgun range in any attack/stage he maybe in, and STILL can't seem to hit him.

Like I said before, he appears closer to you than he really is. Just a weird optical illusion. Rifle range is going to be superior to Twin Handgun range, though, so if you can't hit him with your Rifle then nothing is going to hit him at that range.

My GT's strategy is to use Rifles until he gets very close to the boat, then switch to Twin Handguns or Crossbows. I also find myself using Giresta constantly.

Kufell
Dec 10, 2007, 01:40 PM
I can hit him with a handgun when he circles the boat, its just knowing where to aim.

Gigorman
Dec 10, 2007, 01:56 PM
With a handgun, I'm able to land shots on any part of her body when she circles the raft. Sturm does not work on bosses in flight, wait for her to connect with the raft and it will focus on the head. Moving the raft should help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gigorman on 2007-12-10 10:59 ]</font>

Bitey
Dec 10, 2007, 01:59 PM
And further more, when he throws his little bombs in a line at you, using zonde only hits one at a time for some reason.

The bombs count as part of his body and you can actually kill De Rol Le by hitting the bombs.

On that note, you can only damage De Rol Le by hitting him directly in the face, directly on the tail, or hitting one of those spots in his side. If you aim and shoot anywhere else, it will just seem like he is out of range.

I find that R-Mags and Cards are great ways to learn where to hit him, especially R-mags because they instantly start shooting.

Libram
Dec 10, 2007, 06:19 PM
You can hit him with Dam spells. It's just very hard, and you have to pretty much aim for his head. When he's up by the side of the boat just get as close to the corner by his head as you can, then fire your spell. The damage will register on that covered side spot, and when it eventually blows you'll need to step a little closer to hit him again.

The head piece also affects this somewhat. When it's still there you'll notice that the spell will start to hit nothing when he drifts that little bit forward, but when he drifts back you'll connect again. When the head piece is gone the target able area is actually moved back, making it far easier to hit him with your Dam spell. By the way, I state this as experience with level 11+ Damfoie. I'm guessing 21+ spells won't need to worry as much about being too far. It's also better to use a Wand or Mag. For some reason they seem to have more reach.

Xencia
Dec 10, 2007, 06:56 PM
It's not just range that plays into it,he's just plain invincible unless the raft is 'close' to him.

NosZonde will home in on his head when he's headfirst close to the raft. NosZonde has pretty much infinite range,it'll leave draw distance but you can still see the explosion when you detonate it. However even if he's headfirst at the raft,unless he's in that 'close' range it just wont home in on him no matter how long you give it. So unless he's next to the raft,may as well just save your ammo.

When he circles the raft you can still hit him,head or side point. Done it with the slicer PA and Foie many times.