PDA

View Full Version : How can I move my room to Parum, Moatoob, or Neudaiz?

Kisai
Dec 10, 2007, 01:06 PM
Anyone know? ;_; I dunno how the heck I would do this...

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2007, 01:07 PM
You can't. At least, not yet.

Kisai
Dec 10, 2007, 01:17 PM
You can't?? Awwww...

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2007, 01:20 PM
The Japanese servers just recently got a mission (Machine City Collector (http://psupedia.info/Machine_City_Collector)) where they can trade certain items for the moving pass to Parum. We should see this in the coming months. The Neudaiz and Moatoob tickets have not been released yet. From the schedule SonicTeam posted a few months back, they plan on releasing those early next year on the Japanese servers.

NOVA79
Dec 10, 2007, 02:40 PM
Why do they mention that you're able to do it here: http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/game_room.php if you can't yet? Isn't that sorta like false advertissement? It doesn't mention anything like "feature to be released in the coming months"....

ZeroVer01
Dec 10, 2007, 02:49 PM
On 2007-12-10 11:40, NOVA79 wrote:
Why do they mention that you're able to do it here: http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/game_room.php if you can't yet? Isn't that sorta like false advertissement? It doesn't mention anything like "feature to be released in the coming months"....

It also doesn't say that it is out now either...

And no, it is not false advertising, because it is a feature that is going to be available.

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2007, 02:56 PM

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
In that case, please do everything you can to move your room to one of the planets! Let me know how that turns out, OK? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

cbearfei
Dec 10, 2007, 03:22 PM
Oh sweet! I'm soo moving to Neudaiz as soon as it goes active on the US servers. I was rather surprised when the system was whining about my room being on the colony when I tried to enter the elevator at the back of the Guardian office on the planet.

Akaimizu
Dec 10, 2007, 03:27 PM
Hmm. Almost makes you wish you could have different room locations per character, instead of per account. Tynselle would go for Parum (where the farms are, and where the GRM weapons are). Mufonna, Moatoob. My 3rd character would definitely be a Neudiaz kind of guy.

pikachief
Dec 10, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-12-10 12:27, Akaimizu wrote:
Hmm. Almost makes you wish you could have different room locations per character, instead of per account. Tynselle would go for Parum (where the farms are, and where the GRM weapons are). Mufonna, Moatoob. My 3rd character would definitely be a Neudiaz kind of guy.

You cant!? O.o

Benegesserit
Dec 10, 2007, 03:31 PM

It is actually. You should get exactly what you pay for as advertised when advertised. Extra content from regular updates is already paid for with the monthly payment. Physical (or in Xbox's case, a purchaseable image) media should include all media accessible once purchased. See: Every other damn MMO. Everything on the disks are accessible, new content beyond the expansion is released as the company deems (new content not advertised on the expansion).

It is indeed false advertising, but I'd rather not start some jihaad on it, as I'd like Sega to keep producing new material, rather than damage them for some shady marketing ploy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Benegesserit on 2007-12-10 12:33 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Dec 10, 2007, 03:32 PM
I can't say that you definitely can or can't have different room locations per character. I don't know if they specifically said that the room location is a per-character thing.

Color me a bit pessimistic. But I'm using it as a hopefull setup to be pleasantly surprised.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-12-10 12:37 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 10, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-12-10 12:32, Akaimizu wrote:
I can't say that you definitely can or can't. I don't know if they specifically said that the room location is a per-character thing.

Color me a bit pessimistic. But using it as a hopeful setup to be pleasantly surprised.

lol its per character XD
u scared me for a bit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Dec 10, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-12-10 12:34, Thanubis wrote:

On 2007-12-10 12:31, Benegesserit wrote:
It is actually. You should get exactly what you pay for as advertised when advertised. Extra content from regular updates is already paid for with the monthly payment. Physical (or in Xbox's case, a purchaseable image) media should include all media accessible once purchased. See: Every other damn MMO. Everything on the disks are accessible, new content beyond the expansion is released as the company deems (new content not advertised on the expansion).I totally agree. I think that everything that was promised should available at the time of purchase both online AND offline.

Therefore, they shouldn't promise ANYTHING!

Reipard
Dec 10, 2007, 05:06 PM
Therefore, they shouldn't promise ANYTHING!

Exactly. They should advertise (promise) only what is actually available on purchase and when the new content is going to be released/becomes relevant THEN advertise that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-12-10 14:07 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Dec 10, 2007, 05:26 PM
I think it was nice that they gave us a glimpse into what is upcoming. I think this should've been released at the time of the expansion as well, but what can you do? It's not an oversight that I would quit the game over.

My only issue is that they will probably stagger the release of being able to move to each specific planet, thus causing EVERYONE to move to Parum on release, then EVERYONE to then move to the next planet when released then EVERYONE to then move to the final planet when released, after which people will then migrate to the one they liked best.

In sticking with the story of the Guardians Colony being destroyed, I thought you'd be able to move to any planet upon inception.

Benegesserit
Dec 10, 2007, 05:46 PM
I have no problem with the idea that spreading limited content (because they don't have Blizzard's capital) over a long period of time is the carrot to keep people paying their montly. What I don't agree with it charging an extra $20 over the monthly payment when all we are getting is delayed content. As far as I'm concerned, those $10 chunks you were handing over (especially with the pitiful server load), AoI is simply long overdue content that should be included with your subscription.

I don't mind releasing AoI content over time instead of one disc, despite how nice it would be, I understand the concept SEGA is after. I do not condone the idea of charging $20 for something you have restricted access to. How would you like it if Halo 3 wouldn't let you beat the game until Christmas, knowing that the entire campaign was on the disc? And in their case you aren't even paying an extra $10 a month!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Benegesserit on 2007-12-10 14:58 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Dec 10, 2007, 05:50 PM
This point was already discussed to death and dragged into the ground upon the release of the original.

End point: If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Benegesserit
Dec 10, 2007, 06:07 PM
On 2007-12-10 14:50, JAFO22000 wrote:
This point was already discussed to death and dragged into the ground upon the release of the original.

End point: If you don't like it, don't buy it.

While I understand we're at another dead horse rant (inc move), your end "point" is a poor flippant response that smacks of fallacies.

The whole purpose of a forum is to discuss. We have no knowledge (at least I don't) if anyone with any influence at Sega reads anything posted here or anywhere else. Discussing what we feel are rights and wrongs, pros and cons, etc. DOES help affect future outcomes of the product. It worked for other games. No more shitty canned one-liners stating the obvious. You don't like the price of gas, don't buy it. Weasel your way out of that one. Doesn't always work the way you pretend it does, does it? I'm not comparing video games to gas (some idiots will actually think this, sadly -- the all-stars of Idiocracy), I'm comparing the fact that just because you don't like something, doesn't mean on all points that you are suddendly compelled to not buy it. It's doesn't make the practice any less shady.

But that doesn't mean that because of this poor move from SEGA, that I suddenly think PSU is crap. There is no good reason why on a forum people cannot discuss their feelings as long as they are constructive.

And the fact that it was discussed at length when the product was announced/released, does not discount the opinions of those whom only now just bought the game.

EDIT: And of course it was dragged into the mud, it was a dirty practice to begin with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Benegesserit on 2007-12-10 15:10 ]</font>

Spacepest
Dec 10, 2007, 06:52 PM
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but are there any pics of JP players' rooms have already moved to Parum? I'd love to see what the view out the window on Parum would be.

keanon
Dec 11, 2007, 06:42 AM
what exactly would be the advantages of moving to a new location? is it an entirely new room, as in floor plan? or is it just the same room in another planet? i.e. I live their, but on paper only.

just the same you warp to any planet once you leave soooooo . . . ????

landman
Dec 11, 2007, 08:41 AM
On 2007-12-11 03:42, keanon wrote:
what exactly would be the advantages of moving to a new location? is it an entirely new room, as in floor plan? or is it just the same room in another planet? i.e. I live their, but on paper only.

just the same you warp to any planet once you leave soooooo . . . ????
You appear in the guardians branch of this planet when you log in instead of the 1st floor of the colony

I have a question, are there different tickets for the same planet? because I've seen both views of a parum city and the paracabana coast

examples:

http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/about/myroom/ss_transfer_02_large.jpg
http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/about/myroom/ss_pm_01_large.jpg
http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/about/myroom/ss_transfer_03_large.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed for the first time the red pillar in the last screen, that is not the paracabana http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it's neudaiz

http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/about/myroom/ss_pm_03_large.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: landman on 2007-12-11 05:44 ]</font>

Spacepest
Dec 11, 2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the pics Landman!

Hmm, not sure what to think of Parum.

Neudaiz (if that is Neudaiz) looks awesome.

And I've seen a pic of a room on Moatoob. That one's really neat too, but I won't be getting it... I already can see canyon and cacti out the window of my house IRL. Why would I want the same exact thing in my video game? XD

I too, wonder if we'll have a choice of planetary landscapes...it would be neat if we could choose between a city type view and a natural landscape view (like for example Parum city or Paracarabara coastline).

Raine_Loire
Dec 11, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-12-10 14:46, Benegesserit wrote:
I have no problem with the idea that spreading limited content (because they don't have Blizzard's capital) over a long period of time is the carrot to keep people paying their montly. What I don't agree with it charging an extra $20 over the monthly payment when all we are getting is delayed content. As far as I'm concerned, those $10 chunks you were handing over (especially with the pitiful server load), AoI is simply long overdue content that should be included with your subscription.

I don't mind releasing AoI content over time instead of one disc, despite how nice it would be, I understand the concept SEGA is after. I do not condone the idea of charging $20 for something you have restricted access to. How would you like it if Halo 3 wouldn't let you beat the game until Christmas, knowing that the entire campaign was on the disc? And in their case you aren't even paying an extra $10 a month!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Benegesserit on 2007-12-10 14:58 ]</font>

I understand what you are saying here- but the bottom line is that what they are releasing IS extra content- the AOI stuff anyway. This is stuff that is not on the original game- otherwise pc/ps2 wouldn't have had a new disk, and vanilla players would be able to SEE aoi drops... Since you said you don't have any problem with them spreading it out, I guess I don't follow why you'd be upset with it. You paid the $20 (on xbox) for the ability to access it, and you continue to pay your monthly fees to access everything that is out...

Anyway, I'm not going to be one of the cattle that moves wherever is new. I'll just wait for Neudaiz- it's where all good little newman techers should live, right? Maybe Moatoob... I like the danger ^_^

unicorn
Dec 11, 2007, 04:39 PM
ST advertises?

Benegesserit
Dec 11, 2007, 04:51 PM
You paid the $20 (on xbox) for the ability to access it, and you continue to pay your monthly fees to access everything that is out...

And there in lies the problem.

You paid the $20 (on xbox) for the ability to access it

And guess what? I don't have the ability to access it. Sega has it locked down (online). Sega needed to come right out and say on the promo page that you were only getting the data and not actual access to all the content. This was critical as it's contrary to pretty much any other MMO (w/ subscriptions).

You don't buy an expansion just so you can download some files onto your console/PC. That's stupid. What good are files to the end user if they can't access them? You download a patch when new content is released. When AOI content is slowing being trickled out, it would just be a series of patches. It's like the only thing that EXTRA $20 paid for (meaning on top of the $10 that should be covering periodic content updates) is one long download as opposed to that same download spread out over the course of X months. Big F'ing Deal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Benegesserit on 2007-12-11 13:53 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Dec 12, 2007, 04:19 AM
I guess it depends on if you think you are entitled to periodic content updates with your monthly fee... I've only played PSO, PSU and FFXI for longer than a few months, so I don't know how other games do it, but I don't feel like paying the monthly fee entitles me to updates- I mean in FFXI they don't release new level caps and armor and weapons every 2 weeks, you buy the expansion and get the stuff, and that's it (except minor tweaks) until the next expansion... and they are over a year apart...

I never liked ffxi because I couldn't access the new stuff right away anyway, I didn't have maxed out characters... Plus there were quests that you had to complete to access the stuff anyway... It added to the game length, but I prefer PSU's "pick up and play" feel. I could start a new character and go right to the new areas and buy new clothes, etc...

Sega has handled the trickled updates the same way since it started last year, so I don't think they'd really need to advertise it, who would think they would change their policies this late in the game? But you are misrepresenting other RPGs to say that not only do they have expansions, but they release new content weekly as a part of your monthly fee... You pay the monthly fee to play what is there, that's it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-12-12 01:20 ]</font>

Syanaide
Dec 12, 2007, 04:26 AM
Actually, FFXI also follows the same system. An expansion comes out, and content trickles. Wanna know why? Because if they release everything at once, people experience it all and bounce a month later. How is that profitable for the company, and what effect do you think that will have on a game like Phantasy Star Universe?

Don't think from a blind consumer's perspective, look at it from everyone's standpoint. Think about it: if every AOTI mission came out this Friday, how hard will it be to find a party, and how fast will everyone get bored since all of the content is released?

Raine_Loire
Dec 12, 2007, 06:30 AM
I didn't know FFXI did that- I played for about a year, but I started a while after the 2nd expansion, and I quit right as the new one came out. I hated the only way to get the jobs seemed to be having a full party of high levels.

Anyway, I agree with you, it makes more sense the way ST does it, you summed it up quite nicely.

YUKI_N
Dec 12, 2007, 06:47 AM
On 2007-12-12 01:26, Syanaide wrote:
Think about it: if every AOTI mission came out this Friday, how hard will it be to find a party
PSU desperately needs a better way to find parties, the current system of forcing 90% of people into a single mission is terrible

how fast will everyone get bored since all of the content is released?
Not as long as it takes people to get bored of 7 missions