PDA

View Full Version : AotI: What file is your game save?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 10, 2007, 08:07 PM
I have the game installed on my desktop (wich I prefer to play it on with my 37" screen and all that) and my laptop (15" screen but atleast XBCD drivers work on there...)

Problem is I have two different games going on, I was trying to decide wich I would rather play on, but as it is I have to balance between them both. I play on the desktop when I can but when the wife is hogging the computer to play Wii or do stuff online I am forced to take shelter in the living room and use my laptop.

The game takes too much work to run 2 games so just wanna know what file I need to copy over to resume the same game.

Side question, is the XBCD 360 controller drivers for the xbox 360 controller broken on Vista64 for everybody??? They used to work but I guess a windows update must have broken them. I have spent days trying everything under the sun to get them working again to no avail, playing with the stock MS drivers really sucks. I have them working on Vista x86 on my laptop no problems.

RedX
Dec 10, 2007, 08:15 PM
My documents > SEGA > PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus > BACKUP > illuminusgame.bak

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 10, 2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks a million.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2007, 04:58 PM
I had to post back to say this information is not correct. I am on my laptop right now and my save char of lvl 20ish from my desktop is not avalible after transferring over the file, its still my lvl 8 guy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif maybe thats the file for configuration, I have not tested yet to see if my controls have changed or my settings.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2007, 08:35 PM
Update: its the other file in the same folder above that saves your game. the .bak I dont know for sure what it does.

My guess is just .bak is a "backup" and its the exact same file size as the other file, so it is probably a backup/copy of your save incase it gets corrupted. My recommendation is just to copy both if you are doing what I am doing and playing the same game on one or more machines (the file size is pretty small I just email it to myself thru hotmail)