PDA

View Full Version : Hmm... question about Scarred Planet

doubleEXP
Dec 10, 2007, 09:56 PM
I really like the Scarred Planet free mission.

It's an awesome map and its a GREAT place to level up Tornado Break.

The only thing is, I keep getting A-Rank for the mission, not S-Rank. I'm guessing there's 125 monsters in the mission, but the most I've ever killed in one run is like 123, sometimes as low as 120.

Is there a secret room or something that I'm missing? I've been looking all over to see what I'm missing but I just can't find it.

JinxoOrougeOo
Dec 10, 2007, 09:57 PM
ur talkin about the one from the parum flyer base right

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2007, 09:58 PM
Heh, I actually ran into this just a little while ago while I was soloing. When you get to the second block (well, I guess it might depend on the map), before heading down the stairs to the open plaza, take a left from the door. You'll follow a narrow ledge around a corner or two and come to a dead end with three boxes in it. Smash the boxes and three Volfus will appear.

doubleEXP
Dec 10, 2007, 09:58 PM
On 2007-12-10 18:58, EspioKaos wrote:
Heh, I actually ran into this just a little while ago while I was soloing. When you get to the second block (well, I guess it might depend on the map), before heading down the stairs to the open plaza, take a left from the door. You'll follow a narrow ledge around a corner or two and come to a dead end with three boxes in it. Smash the boxes and three Volfus will appear.

ah-ha! THANKS, EspioKaos!

/bow

Krisan
Dec 10, 2007, 09:59 PM
On certain variations of this mission (perhaps all of them? not sure..) you are required to use your goggles in certain places to access all the mobs. Just check the rubble and look for boxes that seem to be in out of reach areas.. usually mobs spawn around those after breaking them.

Edit:
Darn.. Beaten to it. Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-10 19:01 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2007, 10:03 PM
No problem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

One thing to look out for when you get to the end of each block: if you reach the door to the next block and see a ledge right across from you with boxes on it, that's where you need to go. And the only way to get to them is by heading back to the beginning of that block. After I cleared the run I was doing and got an A, I spent about five or so minutes wandering around trying to find what I'd missed. (I was mainly hoping it might be Rappies since I'd already gotten a spawn of two on that map. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif)

doubleEXP
Dec 10, 2007, 10:39 PM
On 2007-12-10 18:59, Krisan wrote:
On certain variations of this mission (perhaps all of them? not sure..) you are required to use your goggles in certain places to access all the mobs. Just check the rubble and look for boxes that seem to be in out of reach areas.. usually mobs spawn around those after breaking them.

Edit:
Darn.. Beaten to it. Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-10 19:01 ]</font>

No! That's really helpful! I had no idea about using goggles. That explains a lot, haha. Thank-you Krisan.

And thanks again Espio. I just *knew* we had to be able to get those boxes, even Sega wouldn't be cruel enough to show us boxes we couldn't open... or would they? haha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-12-10 19:40 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Dec 11, 2007, 09:35 AM
One more thing... about those goggles...

Do I need to play the offline mode first (or online story mode) to get them? If so, which one?

I don't seem to have any goggles in my inventory. O-O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-12-11 06:35 ]</font>

Reipard
Dec 11, 2007, 09:41 AM
Finish Episode 2 Mission 1 Online and ye shall receive them.

Beast Women are the Best at giving you goggles.

doubleEXP
Dec 11, 2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks, Reipard!

doubleEXP
Dec 12, 2007, 09:18 AM
On 2007-12-11 08:17, doubleEXP wrote:
Thanks, Reipard!

Thanks again. I finally started the Story Mode missions last night.

To show what a newb I am when it comes to PSU, first I did it offline, because I apparently thought that's how you had to do it. Then I went online with Platinum... but no goggles... of course. Then I took a chance and tried the Guardian's Counter in Clyez City and did it again, with Platinum, and now I have the goggles and Laia's card.

Thanks for your help. Its nice to be able to get S-Ranks now in Scarred Planet. Plus those treasure boxes were TAUNTING me before. Taunting me I say!! Haha.

Also, I have to say, Story Mode is actually pretty cool. I plan to complete it at some point. Its better than I thought it would be and it is cool to know more about the background to the game.

Anyway, thanks again. If you all hadn't helped me I'd still be wondering why I couldn't do better than A-Rank in Scarred Planet, haha.

Reipard
Dec 12, 2007, 09:43 AM
Glad I could help. And glad you're enjoying the story mission.
It's worth playing through them. They're not a bad story; especially the last two.

Billkwando
Dec 12, 2007, 12:04 PM
On 2007-12-10 19:39, doubleEXP wrote:

And thanks again Espio. I just *knew* we had to be able to get those boxes, even Sega wouldn't be cruel enough to show us boxes we couldn't open... or would they? haha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-12-10 19:40 ]</font>

It's funny you mention that, because before the goggles came out, there WERE boxes you could see but couldn't open, or get to the contents if you did.

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 12, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-12-12 06:43, Reipard wrote:
Glad I could help. And glad you're enjoying the story mission.
It's worth playing through them. They're not a bad story; especially the last two.

qft

The script may be (very) sub-par, but the story-line itself isn't bad in ep2. MUCH (MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH) better than ep1.

Much better.