PDA

View Full Version : class tweaks for better gameplay?

keanon
Dec 11, 2007, 04:59 AM
Just a few things that I thought would be cool to see in future updates:

1. consistent firing for fortegunners with twin handguns. What I mean by this is rather then the usual:
= = = = =
more along the lines of:
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
my thoughts are that if your an advanced gun user then you should be able to fire of one shot after another using the twin handguns.

2. gradual PP restore for unequipped guns for all gunner types, maybe make it a lot slower then the regular PP restore for equipped weapons but just the same it would give gunners the ability to switch back and forth during missions without having to leave a field to restore PP, even with the updates, if your a gunner, and don't have at least 3 or more sets of each type of gun with you your screwed and it only seems fair seeing as though standard weapons restore PP with regular attacks.

3. defensive maneuvers for all types, OH GOD how I wish I could just roll out of the way of a giant fireball just once. >_<

4. counterattacks for tech types maybe with the just atack and the standard couterattack for melee its on its way, but just the same a counterattack for mage types would be nice to see. maybe something along the lines of reflecting magic back at the enemy?

5.zoom for the sniper rifles. not THAT big of a deal but it would still be nice.

6.PM messaging devices!!! when I first started playing I heard a rumor that this was on its way . . . of course I should have known it was JUST a rumor but still it would be nice to have some sort of messaging system from the PM's to let us know when things like synth was done or when they were ready to eat again.

7.I KNOW I'm gonna hear it for this one but I played FFXI and found that the linkshell system was an awesome way of being able to interact with a group of other players even if you weren't in a party with them. the short mail just doesn't cut it for me, when I played the story mode in online play they used a type of ear-piece to communicate with each other, so why not just use that? allow players the ability to form a group or " guild" of their own. not to mention the benefits of being able to answer questions more easily, especially for new players.

8.how about an easier way to switch between characters? I have multiple characters on my account that I switch from in order to synth different items but in order to due so I have to completely log out of the game (if there is an easier way please tell me. . .PLEASE). It's frustrating to have to go through all of that just to check on if a sword or piece of armor is ready.

9.even with the update and the ability to counterattack I find that if you are using a 2h weapon that you still run the risk of being attacked. I find this to be a little annoying, I understand the basics of how a counterattack works, but just the same, when your fighting multiple mobs it's kinda hard not to get mauled during a counterattack with a 2h weapon without using a Photon Art, so I think that 2H weapons should have uninterrupted counterattacks, maybe just take the hits, no flinch and buffer the damage?

10.last but not least (for now) how about PM commands not anything special just something like:
1. attack on your own
2. stay back
3. go nuts
4. support
5. HEAL ME YOU STUPID &$%@#
I like having the PM's as additional characters, especially when your trying to level up spells or buff's but it just seems like shes not really into it?! she just fires off one hit then stares out into the field, and if your getting mauled, forget it she's useless.

ok I'm done ranting . . . for now if you have any ideas let's hear them.

u_r
Dec 11, 2007, 05:03 AM
good job man, would be awesome

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 05:05 AM
7.I KNOW I'm gonna hear it for this one but I played FFXI and found that the linkshell system was an awesome way of being able to interact with a group of other players even if you weren't in a party with them. the short mail just doesn't cut it for me, when I played the story mode in online play they used a type of ear-piece to communicate with each other, so why not just use that? allow players the ability to form a group or " guild" of their own. not to mention the benefits of being able to answer questions more easily, especially for new players.

This itself is the annoyance I have with PSU -_- why no Guild/LS/general chat system installed in PSU <<