PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder what the popular (JP) missions are?

EspioKaos
Dec 11, 2007, 07:30 AM
SonicTeam finally completed their population tracker site (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/community/lobbymap/), so if you've ever been curious about which missions are the most popular on the Japanese servers, now you can find out. Also, when you click on one of the mission names, it will fill out the right hand table with information on the mission, as well as give you a breakdown of the Universes, detailing which ones have the most people running that particular mission.

As I type this, it seems that White Beast S is the favorite of the community right now, followed up by Electronic Brain S and Scarred Planet S. Plains Overlord S2 follows close behind. (I imagine that's PA Fragment run parties.)

pikachief
Dec 11, 2007, 07:37 AM
i think its funny that even plains ovverlord beats the new Haribro district and the new seed planet missions XD

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2007, 07:38 AM
Oh snap. Hope we get this feature.

Reipard
Dec 11, 2007, 07:40 AM
That's a nice Flash app. I hope they translate it, yeah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-12-11 04:41 ]</font>

easy
Dec 11, 2007, 08:10 AM
is this on xbox360

EspioKaos
Dec 11, 2007, 10:50 AM
No, this only covers the Japanese PC/PS2 servers. There has been no official mention of a similar site coming our way for the English 360/PC/PS2 servers.

Shiryuu
Dec 11, 2007, 10:58 AM
On 2007-12-11 04:37, pikachief wrote:
i think its funny that even plains ovverlord beats the new Haribro district and the new seed planet missions XD

GBR was around for a month.

Kamica
Dec 11, 2007, 11:11 AM
So the four most popular missions are.....

4. Grangis Mine
3. Disco HIVE
2. Rozenom (the one starting at holtes city)
1. White Beast

I can understand #4, #3, and #1, but WHY is Rozenom the second most popular mission. What is it that I don't know?

Broodstar1337
Dec 11, 2007, 11:12 AM
On 2007-12-11 04:38, Typheros wrote:
Oh snap. Hope we get this feature.

Nope. We're not nearly Japanese enough.

EspioKaos
Dec 11, 2007, 11:19 AM
On 2007-12-11 08:11, Kamica wrote:
I can understand #4, #3, and #1, but WHY is Rozenom the second most popular mission. What is it that I don't know?

It's the song. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Fits Rozenom's atmosphere perfectly!

Well, that's my reason, at least. And the layout of the field is awesome.

<_<;

Let's see... after a little more time has passed, it looks like the top four missions are:

Scarred Planet S
White Beast S
Electronic Brain S
Awoken Serpent S

pikachief
Dec 11, 2007, 11:20 AM
cuz it drops lithnia for tippy amures XD

Inazuma
Dec 11, 2007, 11:25 AM

4. Grangis Mine
3. Disco HIVE
1. White Beast

there is a very good afk leveling method in that mission (^_^)

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2007, 11:31 AM
Rozenom is just an awesome mission. Lightning Beasts is fun and it's very easy to solo, and the drops and EXP aren't bad either. I run it quite a bit, but then again the Rozenom missions have my favorite atmosphere. Habirao may change that....

beatrixkiddo
Dec 11, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-12-11 08:25, Inazuma wrote:

4. Grangis Mine
3. Disco HIVE
1. White Beast

there is a very good afk leveling method in that mission (^_^)

That was gonna be my guess, lol.

Kamica
Dec 11, 2007, 12:12 PM
The fact that this number of people AFK level is saddening.

Where is the spirit in doing things the hard way?

watashiwa
Dec 11, 2007, 12:27 PM
Oh, I want to know how to AFK level.. lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-12-11 09:12, Kamica wrote:
The fact that this number of people AFK level is saddening.

Where is the spirit in doing things the hard way?

As far as bullet levelling and such goes....not having time. Let it run while I'm at work and when I get home I can focus on running missions and having fun.

Billkwando
Dec 11, 2007, 01:33 PM
Is there a good guide for AFK leveling? I only learned the concept yesterday.

Do people complain about it? Is it technically any kind of TOS violation? I have a controller with turbo.

desturel
Dec 11, 2007, 03:00 PM
That list is pretty strange. For Neudaiz, you have a ton of people doing White Beast S and then no one doing anything else on Neudaiz until Mizuraki C?

White Beast S
Mizuraki C
Mizuraki B
Mizuraki S2
Moonlight Beast C
Moonlight Beast A
Moonlight Beast S
Moonlight Beast S2
Demons Above C
Cost of Research S2
Eastern Peril C
Eastern Peril S
Eastern Peril S2
Grove of Fanatics C
Grove of Fanatics A
Grove of Fanatics S
Grove of Fanatics S2
Forest Infiltration C
Forest Infiltration B
Forest Infiltration A
Forest Infiltration S
Forest Infiltration S2
Holy Grounds C
Holy Grounds S2
Sakura Blast C
Sakura Blast B
Sakura Blast A
Sakura Blast S
White Beast C
White Beast B
White Beast A
Sacred Stream C
Sacred Stream S
Dancing Birds B
Dancing Birds A
Dancing Birds S
Hill of Spores C
Hill of Spores B

Nothing else has stars next to it. Now does that list look strange to anyone else or is it just me? Forest Infiltration is not only more popular than Sakura Blast, but also more popular than any other White Beast run and all of the new missions.

*edit* Oh, nevermind. I just realized this is a real time listing of missions. So it's not that Forest Infiltration is ALWAYS more popular. It just is at this moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-12-11 12:08 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Dec 11, 2007, 03:21 PM
desturel: Sleep/Resist, the cheapest of which on the JP servers as I type this is 1.7 mil. Drops from Deghana, fastest run for it is Forest Infiltration C. That's why.

As for Habirao, the good rares there drop either too easily or too hard for most people - Everyone's already gotten their Har/Quicks and Halarods etc, and hunting El Fatso Pinko, the Communist Rappy, is a massive PITA, 13* dagger or no. (Which IMO isn't worth it anyway, but that's just me.) Seriously, though. I've gotten two Har/Quicks from that mission not even running it that much and so many frickin Halarods I fed several of 'em to my PM.

So yeah, list makes sense to me. White Dragon on the other hand has rares for pretty much everybody as well as some stuff that still sells quite nicely. *shrug* It's also pretty early over there, so the AFK levelling missions are gonna show up a lot due to not as many people actually playing. Like, Mad Creatures C is a common spot for AFK buff levelling parties. Around 2am PST'll be a more accurate reflection.

RedCoKid
Dec 11, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-12-11 12:21, Ian-KunX wrote:
hunting El Fatso Pinko, the Communist Rappy, is a massive PITA, 13* dagger or no. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

*goes off hunting more lithnia* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

desturel
Dec 11, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-12-11 12:21, Ian-KunX wrote:
desturel: Sleep/Resist, the cheapest of which on the JP servers as I type this is 1.7 mil. Drops from Deghana, fastest run for it is Forest Infiltration C. That's why.

Eh, depending on the party, FI and GoF are both pretty short missions. About 18~20 minutes to solo GoF S2 and about 12~15 minutes to solo FI S2. I'd rather do the S2 missions to get the extra cash and better chance at drops. At least S runs for Degahna Cannon.

But I guess I can't really talk since I have 5 sleep/resist now. When I'm doing the run I'm looking for something completely different. It skews my view of things.