PDA

View Full Version : Fortecher Rod Adjustment

RemiusTA
Dec 11, 2007, 09:00 AM
http://tinyurl.com/ynmvwx

Bablefish translation :

"When efficiency of weapon "rod system" adjustment rod system is used only, in order for magnification ratio of technique power to rise, you adjust."

Discuss.

To me it sounds like either something with the Photon element efficiency, or something like you being able to charge up your technics now.

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2007, 09:05 AM
Fortetecher. Where did that whole thing come from anyway?

About the update, that is one hard sentence to decipher. Sounds to me like they might just get more TP, or perhaps better elemental mods. I think we need someone who can translate the actual japanese.

RemiusTA
Dec 11, 2007, 09:08 AM
On 2007-12-11 06:05, Typheros wrote:
Fortetecher. Where did that whole thing come from anyway?

About the update, that is one hard sentence to decipher. Sounds to me like they might just get more TP, or perhaps better elemental mods. I think we need someone who can translate the actual japanese.

Translate away, bilingual peeps.

It seems like a single sentence upgrade, i dont think its that serious. However, just to be sure..

And i could have sworn the game calls it "Fortecher".

Plus the -1 syllable makes it easier to say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-12-11 06:15 ]</font>

Ezodagrom
Dec 11, 2007, 09:13 AM
it's fortetecher ingame...I think some ppl started calling fortecher because of the jp version, using google translator on jp psu wiki, it says forutekuta...but we're in the english version, there it says fortetecher xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezodagrom on 2007-12-11 06:14 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Dec 11, 2007, 09:16 AM
Another website translation.

"I coordinate performance of the weapon "rod system"
When I used rod system, I adjust it so that magnification of the technique power rises."

Yes, this is definitely sounding like a Charge system for technics.

Ezodagrom
Dec 11, 2007, 09:21 AM
I think it might be just a tp and pp boost...maybe

CelestialBlade
Dec 11, 2007, 09:30 AM
Agreeing with Ezo here. Charging up Technics would be a pretty big change, like Just Attack calibur, and considering this is listed as nothing more than an "adjustment" I'd say Rods are just getting increased TP and/or elemental mod. Something this huge would have more hype behind it. We'll see.

MetalIdol876
Dec 11, 2007, 09:35 AM
Mages should always, always hit for the highest number over every other class in the RPG they are in. PSU is a bit lacking in this department. Hopefully, this will remedy the situation. Very doubtful.

Xtian913
Dec 11, 2007, 09:38 AM
Hmm, I agree that this sounds like a TP-PP and/or an elemental stacking mod that will hopefully boost our damage up quite a bit.

Golto
Dec 11, 2007, 09:47 AM
Higher elemental %.

Reipard
Dec 11, 2007, 09:48 AM
Hopefully, this will remedy the situation. Very doubtful.

PUN'D.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Tech charging would be awesome. If we dont' get it with the Rod adjustments, I'd say it's worth pushing on Sega until we do.

Squid_Gogglez
Dec 11, 2007, 10:09 AM
Perhaps some may be expecting more than assumed? Hopefully,not.
Maximum Attack sounds like fun as well.

McLaughlin
Dec 11, 2007, 10:23 AM
On 2007-12-11 06:35, MetalIdol876 wrote:
Mages should always, always hit for the highest number over every other class in the RPG they are in. PSU is a bit lacking in this department. Hopefully, this will remedy the situation. Very doubtful.

...Why?

Reipard
Dec 11, 2007, 02:04 PM
Perhaps some may be expecting more than assumed? Hopefully,not.

Oh, I know it's probably the boost in ele% for matching types. But the idea of charging techs like a megabuster rocks the freaking house.

Para
Dec 11, 2007, 02:15 PM
Hmm if the tech system was changed to be like...
Hold down button, charge up and let go of the button to deal more damage or just hit the button for a quick cast... that would be a significant change to forces and one that would make forces more interesting to me..

DoubleJG
Dec 11, 2007, 02:19 PM
On 2007-12-11 07:23, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-12-11 06:35, MetalIdol876 wrote:

...Why?

I believe it's because mages are often the most fragile of the classes, thus the easiest to be killed. Therefor, they balance it out by making them cause the most damage.

I do think that fortetecher should be improved a bit, but having the ability to cause status effects is quite nice. Then again, here comes the fortegunner with those amazing bullets of his/hers.

majan
Dec 11, 2007, 02:28 PM
I seriously,seriously,seriously,seriously,seriously and very seriously doubt they will have a 'charge'. with modifications to 'technic speed' that they mentined,it seems it would be odd that they mention some kinda adjustment in that area while encouraging people with a new ability to charge technics and use them slower...

magnifying to me sounds like a higher element multiplier when adding like-elements to a rod.now the max is 12%...so id expect a highger element multiplier.something like a charge effect is pretty gameplay-changing and something that they would likely have included as a new feature for fortetechers in the expansion,not in a 'rebalance'.thats kind of a big deal...huge deal,in fact.

RemiusTA
Dec 11, 2007, 05:01 PM
If you think about it, increasing technic speed and then allowing a Technic Charge would be the exact same thing as Just Attack, just with a little added benefit.

Im skeptical about it being a technic charge ability (im actually doubting it) but if it WAS it wouldn't be much harder to add than Just Attack, which was actually able to be implemented without another disc. (PSU v1 players got JA with only an update.)

Im sure its just an elemental percentage change, but fortechers NEED a "gameplay change".

Pillan
Dec 11, 2007, 05:14 PM
My bet is that it just makes rods cast faster and adds a noticable element mod to the techs rather than the max 147%/138% you get right now.

Libram
Dec 11, 2007, 06:05 PM
What they should do is give the Techers a Just Attack that does increase the casting time. Let's say I've got myself my Diga spell. I set it to a rod and use it. The moment it finishes the initial cast and enters the charging phase a Just Attack right then would reset the animation and make the spell critical. It adds a bit of a lull just like the JAs for melee, it increases the effect of the TECH, and it adds a different little dimension to consider seeing the time it takes for some spells to come out let alone reach their target. It also wouldn't interrupt spells like the Dam/Nos series that require a continual button press to get the greatest effect.

Pengfishh
Dec 11, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-12-11 15:05, Libram wrote:
What they should do is give the Techers a Just Attack that does increase the casting time. Let's say I've got myself my Diga spell. I set it to a rod and use it. The moment it finishes the initial cast and enters the charging phase a Just Attack right then would reset the animation and make the spell critical. It adds a bit of a lull just like the JAs for melee, it increases the effect of the TECH, and it adds a different little dimension to consider seeing the time it takes for some spells to come out let alone reach their target. It also wouldn't interrupt spells like the Dam/Nos series that require a continual button press to get the greatest effect.

I figured a better way to do this was to have two presses per cast. The initial press to active casting, then a second, timed press to activate Just Attack and the tech.

Libram
Dec 11, 2007, 06:20 PM
The time delay is important. It's there to match the same delay fighters make when they use JA. During that delay they aren't doing anything to stun or evade the enemy, so something could either attack with enough force to make them flinch or worse, or some little inky-dinky attack can make them block. The Counter may let them start another critical chain off the bat, but that's still wasted PP and effort.

ThEoRy
Dec 11, 2007, 06:23 PM
I like the charge up and release idea. Releasing while the rod flashes light would produce critical hits. This would add a touch more strategy or layer of depth.

my translation reads this way:

The performance of arms "Rod system" has been adjusted.
It is adjusted that the magnification of the technique power goes up only when the rod system is used.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-12-11 15:27 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Dec 11, 2007, 07:09 PM
Its still indecipherable.

I guess we have to just wait for an english translation or a japanese player to spill the news.

Inazuma
Dec 11, 2007, 07:45 PM
ok let me give this a shot.

the original jp text in romaji is:
Roddo kei wo shiyou baai nomi, tekunikku iryoku no bairitsu ga agaru you ni chousei shimasu.

my literal translation: only in the case of using rods, we will adjust it so that the scaling of technique power is raised.

it doesnt actually mention any elemental boosts, but it does sound like that could be the case. the scaling of technique power sounds like the elemental boost %s.

Aka
Dec 11, 2007, 07:54 PM
Rod TECHNIC Power Adjustment: All TECHNICS are boosted 20% when cast with a Rod.

The new update information is now on the official site.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 11, 2007, 08:21 PM
I'm not convinced Sega cares about saving FT, but I'll hold my thoughts until I get to try the changes for myself.

Xtian913
Dec 11, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-12-11 16:54, Aka wrote:

Rod TECHNIC Power Adjustment: All TECHNICS are boosted 20% when cast with a Rod.

The new update information is now on the official site.

Hmmm, not bad, I guess.

pikachief
Dec 11, 2007, 09:07 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20071211a

main site says that at lower levels your techs will cast slower than tehy woul at higher levels XD

also the rod boost was for percents, it can now go as high as 20%! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

and yes the 1up cup rewards have been extended to the 21st.

KyEmo
Dec 11, 2007, 09:09 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Lower casting time.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 09:10 PM
That's friggin' hawt and sexy!!!! FOUR targets AND faster speed. When does this take effect?????

pikachief
Dec 11, 2007, 09:11 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:10, Poncho_Jr wrote:
That's friggin' hawt and sexy!!!! FOUR targets AND faster speed. When does this take effect?????

its slower for lower level techs, same for higher level techs XD

SolRiver
Dec 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
20%... Now we can have retier on top of another "retier". Very nice!!

Also cast .1 sec faster than before... hmm... Not sure how much that help, technically 25% faster, but I wonder if that apply to all weapon or just some weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-11 18:15 ]</font>

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
I'm just happy that the the Ra-TECH can hit four creatures now. It would've been nice if it hit all targets in the blast radius. XD

Inazuma
Dec 11, 2007, 09:15 PM
kitty, go back and re-read it. it says techs will be faster at high levels. and it says all techs will have a 20% damage boost if casted from a rod. it didnt mention elemental boosts anywhere.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 11, 2007, 09:16 PM
That's how it should've been from the start. Currently, every time a tech reaches a higher tier (11, 21, 31). it gets a slower animation and makes it less rewarding in DPS. Gunners don't get slower bullets at 11, 21 and 31 so why must techs get this? Higher lv techs should be a lot more rewarding when hitting the next tier. I hope +31 does get faster, considering 31-40 is only a 10% boost in damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-11 18:19 ]</font>

Wash
Dec 11, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:14, Poncho_Jr wrote:
I'm just happy that the the Ra-TECH can hit four creatures now. It would've been nice if it hit all targets in the blast radius. XD

I completely agree. Rafoie at even 11+ looks like it could hit 4 or 5 enemies easy. Oh well, I appreciate any boosts we get. And is it really that rods can go up to 20% in any element, or all TECHNICS get a 20% power boost? The way they put it is kind of confusing.

"Rod TECHNIC Power Adjustment: All TECHNICS are boosted 20% when cast with a Rod."

EDIT

Someone just answered my question above, oops...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wash on 2007-12-11 18:21 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 11, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:15, Inazuma wrote:
kitty, go back and re-read it. it says techs will be faster at high levels. and it says all techs will have a 20% damage boost if casted from a rod. it didnt mention elemental boosts anywhere.

jeeze it took my 4 reads before i made my post and i still got it wrong >.<

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 11, 2007, 09:22 PM
Looks like someone can't read. Spells that get casted from a rod get a 20% increase to their power, not 20% to the rod. And techs won't get slower at high levels, only low level ones while they're increasing the speed for high level techs. Pretty much what Inazuma said.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:14, SolRiver wrote:
20%... Now we can have retier on top of another "retier". Very nice!!

Also cast .1 sec faster than before... hmm... Not sure how much that help, technically 25% faster, but I wonder if that apply to all weapon or just some weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-11 18:15 ]</font>

Now that I reread the thing, I understood what she meant. XD
Whenever this happens, I don't know when though, watch rod usage will skyrocket, and the Pegi's will be sitting in storage collecting dust. D:

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2007, 09:23 PM
i think it adds an extra 20% to all techs equipped on a rod. So if a tech normally has 240% damage, it'll have 260% damage on a rod.

THE JACKEL

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 09:29 PM
Sexy, will my Giresta finally cast as fast as my resta and other buffs?!

Rizen
Dec 11, 2007, 09:31 PM
Actually, Kitty did read it right (go figure)....

TECHNIC Speed Adjustment: The speed in attack TECHNICS cast has been rebalanced, mostly to improve their performance and balance at high levels (PA level 21-40), although some attack TECHNICS will cast slower than before at low levels (PA level 1-10). For example, at levels 1-10 the TECHNIC Foie was adjusted from 0.1 to 0.2 seconds, and at levels 31-40 it was adjusted from 0.4 to 0.3 seconds.

Telina
Dec 11, 2007, 09:32 PM
i hope it doesn't add 20% to a tech modifier, i don't think 20% will be really noticeable. i've got my fingers crossed for a 20% overall damage increase http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif perhaps i'm a little over-optimistic

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:31, Rizen wrote:

TECHNIC Speed Adjustment: The speed in attack TECHNICS cast has been rebalanced, mostly to improve their performance and balance at high levels (PA level 21-40), although some attack TECHNICS will cast slower than before at low levels (PA level 1-10). For example, at levels 1-10 the TECHNIC Foie was adjusted from 0.1 to 0.2 seconds, and at levels 31-40 it was adjusted from 0.4 to 0.3 seconds.

Actually no. This is saying Foie currently casts at the following 1-10 .1 second, and 31-40 casts at .4 seconds.

Once the update hits 1-10 will cast at .2 seconds instead (increase of .1 second) where is 31-40 casts at .3 seconds (decrease of .1 second) meaning that spells casts faster compared to right now, but still feel a slight decrease in speed compared to their 1-10 counterpart.

So essentially, the higher the level the slower it casts, however faster than current casting time.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 09:37 PM
20% overall damage is what we deserve, because with these new Slicers... we're being overshadowed in the damage department.

And with this... Although most support TECHNICS were untouched, there are small changes to Resta, Reverser, Gi-Resta, Regrant, and Megistar.
I am hoping for extended range on Resta. The power on Resta, I'm sure no one knows the actual Modifier, is fine. As we all know Reverser has longer range than Resta, but it wouldn't hurt to ask for a little extra. Then we wouldn't have to run around as much,.

Do you think they are going to extend range?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poncho_Jr on 2007-12-11 18:38 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2007, 09:40 PM
fortetechers should be overshadowed in the damage department >.>

THE JACKEL

Telina
Dec 11, 2007, 09:40 PM
i have no idea, though i never really had a problem with resta or reverser's range, it actually continues to surprise me sometimes. i look at the hp display and see everyone burned or something and cast reverser once and think 'wow, geez' if only everything had range like that :3

Shou
Dec 11, 2007, 09:42 PM
Sooo.... which post is the correct one >.> http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Telina
Dec 11, 2007, 09:42 PM
if they gave hunters perpetual use of a 50% increased damage modifier on ANY weapon in their arsenal, i think the least they could do is give us sa 20% to set our spells apart from an acrotechers'

pikachief
Dec 11, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:31, Rizen wrote:

no look at lvl 31 it casts 0.1 second faster!!! lol >.>

and i thoguht it said 20% on the element but it says 20% on the damage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chaobo99
Dec 12, 2007, 02:22 AM
20% on damage or 20% on damage mod. xD?
So spells at lv,.31 in this update will cast FASTER than spells at lv.31 CURRENTLY..ahh I see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I wonder what exactly did they do to resta,reverser,etc..I hope they don't make them slower to cast..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaobo99 on 2007-12-11 23:23 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Dec 12, 2007, 05:32 AM
Makes sense.

In PSO i dont recall ever getting slower as my force leveled, i didn't understand why they did it on this one. (lv30 Rafoie was like machinegun nukes)

20%? Nice but not revolutionary i guess.

If someone did 800 with a technic, now they'll do about 960. You deal 1293, you now deal 1552 damage.

Thats granted its a raw damage mod. Otherwise, it'll be far less useful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-12-12 02:39 ]</font>

Xtian913
Dec 12, 2007, 09:31 AM
On 2007-12-12 02:32, RemiusTA wrote:
If someone did 800 with a technic, now they'll do about 960. You deal 1293, you now deal 1552 damage.

Thats granted its a raw damage mod. Otherwise, it'll be far less useful.

I like those number increases. Here's hoping it's a raw damage mod, then!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Chaobo99
Dec 12, 2007, 10:08 AM
I hope it's good...Because right now unless you have a psycho wand ^.- then madoogs/wands do more damage through their slightly smaller numbers but faster rate of casting..I would'nt mind 2000+ dmg with ra-spells..after all,that's what we do...Nuke things and support party http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hiro_Kurisake
Dec 12, 2007, 10:17 AM
I can't wait for this update... though i noticed everyone is getting mixed signals on wtf we're supposed to get.

physic
Dec 12, 2007, 10:34 AM
sounds like a lot of strong changes, i cant swee why some are still complaining, faster speeds, ra more targets at 31+ making these forte advantages, then a general 20% boost whether its raw 20% or 20% to the multiplier, thats a heck of a lot of power. You definately are set apart from acrotechers playstyle and in what you do now, thats for sure.

ThEoRy
Dec 12, 2007, 04:05 PM
I'll say this, I can't wait till Friday! Lemme start taking notes on my current damage now so when it hits I'll have a clearer understanding of the facts.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
what do you think will happen with regrants? Think they will lower the amount of damage it does to the user?

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 04:16 PM
But .1sec on the cast speed isnt going to change the fact that it take so long to reset after usind a rod to cast that it nulifies the chabge were talking a 1/10 of a second here thats faster than you can blink.

hewitt
Dec 12, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-12-12 07:34, physic wrote:
sounds like a lot of strong changes, i cant swee why some are still complaining, faster speeds, ra more targets at 31+ making these forte advantages, then a general 20% boost whether its raw 20% or 20% to the multiplier, thats a heck of a lot of power. You definately are set apart from acrotechers playstyle and in what you do now, thats for sure.

ahh yes that .1 second is quite the boost >.>

Libram
Dec 12, 2007, 05:15 PM
People don't seem to understand that the delay they're referring to is for Foie. Foie actually casts quite quickly, even when leveled, so a speed decrease there probably won't be noticed all that much. But what about casting change times for others like the Gi spells? If those get any kind of speed boost then people are going to rejoice.

superdood22
Dec 12, 2007, 05:20 PM
ugh bump all that 1 hit bullshit, give all the techs some additional hits or some sort of individuality (1 hit pierce and radius with one big hit is not good enough for this nowaday type of games!!). ugh, SEGA Sammy Co. is being so unoriginal.

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 06:26 PM
No techer is complaning about the 20% that kick azz but .1 sec cmon that horible every other class in the game had there speed turned up at the AOI launch. Techers have had to deal with the same game just higher PA lvls they need to make all the spells cast faster not just base ones.

Lonzell
Dec 12, 2007, 06:27 PM
Heheheh they need their rods adjusted....

erickarim
Dec 12, 2007, 06:36 PM
hehehe sega is adjusting my rod....

KyEmo
Dec 12, 2007, 06:37 PM
My uncle tried to adjust my rod once....

Zorak000
Dec 12, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:40, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

why? in all other games, mages the do the highest damage per unit of time at the cost of a mana bar of some kind while enemies could tear through them like tissue. In this game, while the latter is true, the former isn't.

but I want to hear your opion on this. or was your statement unfounded and you just looking for attention?

Kiata
Dec 12, 2007, 06:42 PM
I...

But...

.......(error)<System Error.....Syst.......or>....
11011010001100101010102222222222222222222222222222 22222222222222222222222222

<edit> And yes 99% of online rpg style games mages or majik users
have always done the most but cant take damage thats were the fighters come in this completes the balance of the game sega reversed it almost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kiata on 2007-12-12 15:46 ]</font>

hewitt
Dec 12, 2007, 10:40 PM
On 2007-12-12 15:40, Zorak000 wrote:

THE JACKEL

why? in all other games, mages the do the highest damage per unit of time at the cost of a mana bar of some kind while enemies could tear through them like tissue. In this game, while the latter is true, the former isn't.

but I want to hear your opion on this. or was your statement unfounded and you just looking for attention?

yea i am a bit annoyed/confused with this statement. forces deserve the same amount and more damage then other classes >.>

Krisan
Dec 12, 2007, 11:50 PM

THE JACKEL

Not that I wish to get into this tiring discussion, or that I am with or against Force damage adjustment, but "in all other games" is a horrible arguement.. This isn't all other games, and I doubt Sega is trying to make it like every other game either. So if it is different here, it is different. Just because it is most commonly portrayed a certain way in most games doesn't mean it should be here as well.

Aviendha
Dec 13, 2007, 12:01 AM
PSU is not all other MMORPGs. It's not even an MMO, really. In those other games, there are more defined party roles. You have tanks, DPS classes, DoT classes, support, etc. PSU has no method of tanking (other than Chamga). Ranger is the SE class (thus the DoT class). Hunter is DPS. Force is support. Rangers do less damage than Hunters because their attacks deal status and are generally safer. Forces do less damage than Rangers because their attacks still do status (slower and generally weaker SE, but SE nonetheless) and they have the ability to boost the DPS of the entire party while healing them and making things run smoother. Forces are more fragile, but they are also not supposed to be in the thick of things all the time. I'm not saying Tech damage should be laughable compared to melee, but if Forces outdamaged Hunters (and thus outdamaged Rangers as well) they'd make every other class obsolete. Unless they take support away from FT, it shouldn't do as much damage as Fortefighter any melee class.

xzidanex
Dec 13, 2007, 12:30 AM
I think this update sounds ok, Fortetecher definitely needed a damage boost, especially with the release of Acrotecher, and personally I'm glad the increase isn't too large, since I never liked the idea that magic users did the most damage (in most games anyway). I always figured the ability to use healing spells made up for the fact they would get torn in half by monsters.

RemiusTA
Dec 13, 2007, 07:14 AM
It would be so awesome if Fortefighters could turn into literal "Tanks".

PSU would win so hard

Schubalts
Dec 13, 2007, 08:02 AM
On 2007-12-12 19:40, hewitt wrote:

THE JACKEL

yea i am a bit annoyed/confused with this statement. forces deserve the same amount and more damage then other classes >.>

Most mages in other games can't heal and deal lots of damage and debuff enemies and buff players and shoot things. :|

panzer_unit
Dec 13, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-12-12 21:01, Aviendha wrote:
Rangers do less damage than Hunters because their attacks deal status and are generally safer. Forces do less damage than Rangers because their attacks still do status (slower and generally weaker SE, but SE nonetheless) and they have the ability to boost the DPS of the entire party while healing them and making things run smoother.

I don't generally see techers doing less damage than Gunners. Their AOE stuff (which is Fortegunner's best damage too) seems to be a lot more damaging, proper element Gi- and Dam-techs (that I've seen) will walk all over what a shotgun or laser is capable of.
When it comes to piling it on a single target, that's where techers hit their flat spot.