PDA

View Full Version : Framerate on Xbox 360

Achaiah191
Dec 11, 2007, 01:22 PM
Has the framerate been improved on the 360 version or is still almost unplayable in certain areas? I love this game, but don't want to play on PC because there's no one to play with and on Xbox I get TREMENDOUS slowdown in certain missions...mainly moatoob. How is it now? Or is it the same?

doubleEXP
Dec 11, 2007, 01:25 PM
I don't know how it plays on 360, since I play on PC.

If you have a decent PC just play on PC. There's plenty of people to play with: Universe 2 is usually near-full and there's people scattered throughout the other universes, too.

My graphics card is good (Nvdia 8800GT) but my computer is only average and I can play with all settings maxed (including shadows) with o frame skipping and it runs at a rock-solid 60 fps at ALL times.

Join us.......

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Achaiah191
Dec 11, 2007, 01:27 PM
I would like to play on PC but I hear the population is so much bigger on the XBOX version, unfortunately I keep hearing that the framerate hasn't been fixed...but that was about a month ago, now I'm wondering if its doing any better.

kissablepimp
Dec 11, 2007, 01:28 PM
it's playing good now only some slow down in certain spots.

Raine_Loire
Dec 11, 2007, 01:29 PM
I have had a LOT less slowdown since the expansion... There are certain places where it's bad, but I haven't had much of a problem... Of course I solo so I don't know if it's worse in a full party.

Achaiah191
Dec 11, 2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah I'm talking about in a full party hehe. I love grouping in this game.

doubleEXP
Dec 11, 2007, 01:32 PM
Well, it's up to you. But keep in mind you can only play with so many people at a time. But trust me, I see people EVERYWHERE when I play on PC, especially in Universe 2. Its really not a problem. And if you come back, well that's one more right there.

I just came back last Friday. I was happy (and sort of relieved) to see Universe 2 was nearly full and the other universes had people in them too. Its really not as bad as people make it out to be. And the other cool thing is it seems like most of the people that have stayed with ps2/pc (at least that I've met) are polite/cool. Maybe its because there ARE more people on 360, so ps2/pc people know it wouldn't be too smart to make new people feel unwelcome. Well, whatever the reason, I definitely am having fun on pc and there are plenty of people to group with.