PDA

View Full Version : Level 31 TECHnics.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 02:28 PM
I was surprised at how easy it was to get them to 31, and how fast they grew after they hit 31. BUT.... a few problems came along with them, ESPECIALLY with a couple of Ra-TECHs. AND it all happened in the same mission. I've never met such a whiny group of fighters. D:

A few personal experiences with them...
Radiga...
I cast a Radiga.
(Hunters in the range of the Radiga"
"I can't see dammit!!!! The rock gets in my way".
Fine... Yet I don't see why they complain now, when post-AOI Radiga had a HUGE wall of fire with a HUGER rick in the middle.

Rafoie...
I cast a Rafoie...
(Hunters in the range of the Rafoie)
"Sloooooooooowwwwwww mooooooootiiiiiiiiiionnnnnn."
*sighs*... Maybe Rafoie does cast a little lag with all of the added graphics... but I don't see why.

Rabarta...
I cast a Rabarta...
(Hunters in range of the Rabarta)
They complained yet again about the graphics.

Dambarta...
Let's not even go there.

Are they really that bad that people complain that it's messing up gameplay. I thought they should've been helpful. D:

Ssslither
Dec 11, 2007, 02:48 PM
There are way to many whiny ppl... I say bring on the technics, they have never bothered me in any class I've played or party I've been in.

Hyper_Rappy
Dec 11, 2007, 02:49 PM
iv been in the way of some lv 31+ casts and ya blinded my vision for a bit but it didnt slow down my game.
and besides they look so AWESOME it dont really care!

so i say make them look as big and flashy as they want, i dont realy mind

Indica
Dec 11, 2007, 02:51 PM
They can piss off, as it's even more annoying when hunters toss enemies across the screen when your trying to concentrate on targets

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 03:29 PM
When I play, I don't wanna hinder the other players. 'Cause I've gotten numerous complaints of the Rafoie being extremely laggy. Yet, Rafoie is my favorite TECHnic. D: Who knows, maybe Sega Team will fix the problem.

Rizen
Dec 11, 2007, 03:33 PM
We can play the reverse game if you want. D:

Inazuma
Dec 11, 2007, 03:51 PM
if techers bother someone that much, the solution is simple.
create your own party and say "no techers" in the comment.

Finae
Dec 11, 2007, 04:00 PM
Lol, stop playin with nubs lol. They must of been all lvl 70 lol.

No really, when I'm on a melee type class and a force uses one of those techs, its no problem just because I've grown used to it. I can JA and kill just as fast. As far as melees throwing mobs everywhere, I got used to that. The people who are still upset over all this ARE going to have to get used to it as you cannot control what the other person does unless ofcourse you are a-hat leader and want to eventually boot your whole party for dumb reasons lol.

The only thing I cannot stand, but take is people who use regrants on most things. For example, white beast, the small mobs. The people who complain about melees need to look at themselves and see they are doing the same thing when they use this weak ass tech on that mission where its light mobs lol. And it doesn't even matter if it wasn't a all light mission, it just annoys the crap out of me as the mobs spawn, nub uses regrants, does pitiful dmg, and mobs are all spread out all over the place like tornado dance. But like I said, I sit there and take it, and I won't boot that person just because of that. I just overcome it as the mob will die in a couple secs anyways lol.

The other problem I have is with SUV/Nanoblast as for some reason, I'm right there when they are doing it and I'm about to do a JA and I'm blinded by a huge light and ended up not JA. Even with dambarta in my face, I can JA np, but when that happens, I mess up lol.

Dambarta? Yeah, got some complaints in the past about it, but most are jokes. People want the mission done fast so if dambarta is effective, they really don't care even though they said something like "OmG, I can't see shit!"

So if i had to vote, it would be for E, kthxbai.

lostinseganet
Dec 11, 2007, 04:14 PM
Buy a better graphics card

_Vyser_
Dec 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-12-11 13:14, lostinseganet wrote:
Buy a better graphics card

That and learn to play the game with your eyes closed

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
[quote]On 2007-12-11 13:00, Finae wrote:
Lol, stop playin with nubs lol. They must of been all lvl 70 lol.
lol. They were 90+

No really, when I'm on a melee type class and a force uses one of those techs, its no problem just because I've grown used to it. I can JA and kill just as fast. As far as melees throwing mobs everywhere, I got used to that. The people who are still upset over all this ARE going to have to get used to it as you cannot control what the other person does unless ofcourse you are a-hat leader and want to eventually boot your whole party for dumb reasons lol.
Have no problem. The blowing away of the mobs hasn't really been much of a problem lately. Besides Ra-TECH range pretty much covers that.

The only thing I cannot stand, but take is people who use regrants on most things. For example, white beast, the small mobs. The people who complain about melees need to look at themselves and see they are doing the same thing when they use this weak ass tech on that mission where its light mobs lol. And it doesn't even matter if it wasn't a all light mission, it just annoys the crap out of me as the mobs spawn, nub uses regrants, does pitiful dmg, and mobs are all spread out all over the place like tornado dance. But like I said, I sit there and take it, and I won't boot that person just because of that. I just overcome it as the mob will die in a couple secs anyways lol.
Sadly to say, I have given up on Regrants. Thought it'd be cool, but it's too weak, and the "Blown Away" isn't helpful. I would prefer if they gave the "Light Fireball", the ones that that the CPU's use.

The other problem I have is with SUV/Nanoblast as for some reason, I'm right there when they are doing it and I'm about to do a JA and I'm blinded by a huge light and ended up not JA. Even with dambarta in my face, I can JA np, but when that happens, I mess up lol.
But it looks damn cool.

Dambarta? Yeah, got some complaints in the past about it, but most are jokes. People want the mission done fast so if dambarta is effective, they really don't care even though they said something like "OmG, I can't see shit!"
Dambarta has gotten so, so, so beautiful.

So if i had to vote, it would be for E, kthxbai.
btw. I like how you lol'ed on most the posts. lol

Hath_Wrobo
Dec 11, 2007, 04:25 PM
I've seen this before, last night to be exact. Me and a techer friend were running True Darkness. He was casting his newly obtained dambarta lvl 31. Much slow down ensued whenever I was near to him. The visibility is no longer a problem as they made dambarta more transparent. It's the slowdown that is becoming a problem now. Even he observed a pretty big slowdown while using dambarta. PC users can easily say get a better graphics card, however 360 users don't have the luxury. You would think that the 360 could actually handle these animations without bogging down.

ketson
Dec 11, 2007, 04:41 PM
I usually just pull out the slicer if the Force is using RA-techniques. Rafoie is the only one that truly bothers me because it slows me down so much, that is only if I'm caught in the middle of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ketson on 2007-12-11 13:43 ]</font>

Sebrof56
Dec 11, 2007, 04:56 PM
Hasn't anyone learned to lock on to their enemy??

_K1_
Dec 11, 2007, 05:02 PM
You can get frametate issues on the 360 from some of the 31+ techs, but it's not a huge deal. There's always something to complain about.

Besides, offensive techs are what FTs do... what do the expect you to do? Shoot everything with cards?

Hath_Wrobo
Dec 11, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-12-11 14:02, _K1_ wrote:
You can get frametate issues on the 360 from some of the 31+ techs, but it's not a huge deal. There's always something to complain about.

Besides, offensive techs are what FTs do... what do the expect you to do? Shoot everything with cards?

Well, its not only that, but what about eventually when we get level 41 technics? More than one Fortetechers in a party? It may not be a problem now, but eventually it might be a really big problem.

Hath_Wrobo
Dec 11, 2007, 05:10 PM

Well, its not only that, but what about eventually when we get level 41 technics? More than one Fortetechers in a party? It may not be a problem now, but eventually it might be a really big problem.

Hath_Wrobo
Dec 11, 2007, 05:15 PM

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 08:42 PM
Well all we can hope for, ESPECIALLY if we get lvl 41 TECHnics, is they fix the lag. That's it. It's not like is uberdom visuals for systems to slow down. D:
On the bright side of things. I'm loving every minute of being a techer. Even though Fortetecher is a dying race. D:

Sexy_Raine
Dec 11, 2007, 09:01 PM
Anyone nub who complains about how techs mess up their view or whatever are people you shouldn't bother playing with. Even as an AT, I still use my dam- techs I won't let anyone stop me from doing so. I said it before and I'll say it again, how most people never put themselves in a techers' shoes before they bash them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-11 18:05 ]</font>

SolRiver
Dec 11, 2007, 09:09 PM
We need santa to give everyone a good PC, so they will all quit PS2 and 360 PSU and go on the PC.

Talk about a world savior.

Edit: I mean... world"s" savior. 3 planets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-11 18:09 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 11, 2007, 09:25 PM
I've never had a problem with techs obstructing my view, but I haven't seen many 31+ tech effects yet. ...well, that and I tend to play my games with as much HUD as I can (like in plane, ship or mech games I like to SEE the damn cockpit that I'm inside!), have no problem using big freaking miniguns that take up half the screen in an FPS game, and I've been through a first-person RPG where holding up a shield would block pretty much my whole field of vision. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Honestly, I only have more trouble seeing whenever my own character's in the way or the camera's being stupid.

On 2007-12-11 13:56, Sebrof56 wrote:
Hasn't anyone learned to lock on to their enemy??

Whoever needs to lock on to their enemy needs to learn to keep track of enemies their own damn selves and not be pussies that need some magical camera to follow enemies around and automatically direct their attacks. Learn to pay attention to the enemy, and learn to make your weapons HIT said enemy. If that's too hard, just practice relying less on lock-on.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 09:29 PM
^ To this guy.

The only time you actually need lock-on is when you're using Throwing Blades, because they are homing and must be locked-on to a creature.

And sometimes we techers need to lock-on to a creature, or it will cast pass the creatures...
That...
Or we can just hit a wall and the monster will still be damaged. XD

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 11, 2007, 09:40 PM
^To the above response.

I meant with melee. Really, melee shouldn't even have the option to lock on, and this is coming from a sort of person that prefers games with more options and catering to more playstyles. At its best, lock-on takes much of the skill and involvement away from a game (excusable if using, say, heat seeking missiles that by nature SHOULD lock on to stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). At its worst, it fails miserably at babysitting those who don't need it, causing skilled players to hit the wrong targets or even miss entirely.

As far as throwing blades go, I've never seen them NEED you to lock on to a target, simply because it does the targeting by itself. How would locking on help then?

As far as techs go, I dabbled a bit in it (offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), using mainly diga, dmamegid and gizone. For the short time I used these, I hadn't needed to lock on to anything. What do you mean when a tech would simply "pass" the target?

Sharkyland
Dec 11, 2007, 09:42 PM
I just love Ramegid.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 09:43 PM
^ To him XD

When I mean "pass" sometimes a Ra-TECH will simply cast behind the creature if I am too close.

And with Throwing Blades, if the icon isn't red, the blade won't lock-on. If you're locked-on then it locks-on. I'm sure others can confirm.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 11, 2007, 09:48 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:43, Poncho_Jr wrote:
^ To Jife XD

When I mean "pass" sometimes a Ra-TECH will simply cast behind the creature if I am too close.

And with Throwing Blades, if the icon isn't red, the blade won't lock-on. If you're locked-on then it locks-on. I'm sure others can confirm.

The Ra-tech passing thing is the same as when a gunner uses a grenade launcher when too close. But locking on to a target allows your rafoie to hit your target at close range? Holy shit that is lazy as hell on Sega's part to not allow you to manually adjust ra-tech aim then! I thought ra-tech was MEANT to be used like grenades with that "mid-range onry" stuff!

And back to throwing blades...uhh, I'll just wait for a throwing blade user to confirm on that. I hate the bloody things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-12-11 18:49 ]</font>

Poncho_Jr
Dec 11, 2007, 09:59 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:48, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

On 2007-12-11 18:43, Poncho_Jr wrote:
^ To Jife XD

The Ra-tech passing thing is the same as when a gunner uses a grenade launcher when too close. But locking on to a target allows your rafoie to hit your target at close range? Holy shit that is lazy as hell on Sega's part to not allow you to manually adjust ra-tech aim then! I thought ra-tech was MEANT to be used like grenades with that "mid-range onry" stuff!

And back to throwing blades...uhh, I'll just wait for a throwing blade user to confirm on that. I hate the bloody things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-12-11 18:49 ]</font>

You're still right though. When I'm casting Ra-, you don't need to aim at all, unless they're charging at me. XD

And to the Ramegid guy, even though I may be the only TECHer without a Dark spell, let alone a Dark anything except armor. Ramegid is the hawtness on 31.

I was kinda disappointed in Rabarta though. It looks slightly the same, and they removed the blue aura from the ground. D: