PDA

View Full Version : Felt Like Being support class as my Cast..

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 11, 2007, 03:41 PM
I'm a Cast currently and felt like trying a support class. I have 0 interest in damage spells and all I really want to do is Melee and have Support spells.

Would I do alright in support as a cast?

I'm thinking either wartecher or acrofighter.

The level 40 support spells look nice and i don't really mind supporting at all. I also think i read somewhere that wartecher are getting new S rank weapons in an update. Is this true?

Chuck_Norris
Dec 11, 2007, 03:50 PM
AcroTECHER has level 40 supposrt spells. Acrofighter has no spells. And if you want to be support and melee, i'd say you do with acrotecher. With the 40 support, spell speed boost, and the fact that you can deal good damage with whips. It's a pretty good choice.

Ssslither
Dec 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
Well if you want technics leave out acrofighter. Sounds like you should go with Wartecher. I've done it all and being a cast I don't know why any cast would give up guns - Guntecher or Acrotecher is the way for me...

_K1_
Dec 11, 2007, 04:01 PM
Acrotecher is the melee and support TECHNIC class, so give it a try. If you don't like the weapon selection, go with Wartecher.

unicorn
Dec 11, 2007, 04:26 PM
Pretty much Acrotecher and Wartecher sounds like what you want to do.

However, I find that CASTs make better Acrotechers than Wartechers. Wartechers focus on Melee and Attack technics now (both at 30), crappy ATA, and mediocre support. On the other hand, Acrotecher practically does equal damage in techs and melee, decent ATA, and best support.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
My cast have never been a Gun class http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I never liked guns in this game.

unicorn
Dec 11, 2007, 04:37 PM
Melee uses ATA too.

Ssslither
Dec 11, 2007, 04:37 PM
So what are you currently?

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 11, 2007, 04:45 PM
i got acrofigher 15, fortefighter 8, figunner 12

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 04:48 PM
All in all, we make awesome Acrotechers.

Yes I'm Acrotecher 15, male cast. Go me in a newm dominated class :3

Ssslither
Dec 11, 2007, 04:55 PM
I've seen more and more ppl change to different classes because of all the S class melee weapons out there. God knows I have more than I need/want. I can only hope if you do change to a techer type class, you know how to tech... lol

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 05:02 PM
On 2007-12-11 13:55, Ssslither wrote:
I've seen more and more ppl change to different classes because of all the S class melee weapons out there. God knows I have more than I need/want. I can only hope if you do change to a techer type class, you know how to tech... lol

I switched cause AT was a support class with 40 support XD. At first it was just something I'd play around with on the odd day, I later found out I'm pretty badass with it lol; cause seriously I don't need more S ranks, cause I like my collection of gunner rares more :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-11 14:02 ]</font>

Ssslither
Dec 11, 2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah I did notice when I switched from GT that everything I used was a lot stronger in AT. I want to see where AT 15 goes though. It's draggin ass after 10...lol I do like hiting harder with my SUV now also as a AT.

Rasputin
Dec 11, 2007, 05:25 PM
Acrotecher. /thread

Pengfishh
Dec 11, 2007, 05:30 PM
Thirteen?! Wow.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 05:31 PM
lol it's kinda rampant with that huge server lag earlier XD

Ssslither
Dec 11, 2007, 05:35 PM
I fixed it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

gryphonvii
Dec 11, 2007, 07:59 PM
AT=more support
WT=more melee
both are good classes for support and its going to take you a whil;e to get level 40 support, so it all depends on the weapon selection

Sexy_Raine
Dec 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
LOL, they suck at AT. Go stay with WT, it gives a much better melee selection.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-11 17:09 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 11, 2007, 09:28 PM
Do Support spells get any added experience when buffing NPC's or just only buffing party members works?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-12-11 17:07, Sexy_Raine wrote:

ORLY? Funny though, I consider newms weakest of all the races when it comes to AT :3

NPCs can be used as buffing partners.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-11 18:32 ]</font>

RACast_Raiden
Dec 11, 2007, 09:33 PM
CAST aT can't do much damage but we'll stay alive longer though.

Besides, its about supporting. Not attacking

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2007, 09:37 PM
I'd say choose one of three classes
Wartecher- Skills Bullets TECHNICs
Level 30 Level 20 Attack: 30 Assist: 20

Guntecher- Skills Bullets TECHNICs
Level 10 Level 40 Attack: 20 Assist: 30

Acrotecher- Skills Bullets TECHNICs
Level 20 Level 20 Attack: 30 Assist: 40

basically, if you want mostly melee, with meh support, go wartecher. If there are any other techers though, your buffs will be outclassed and you'll really only use resta/giresta/reverser
if you want bullets and good support techs, go guntecher. People have wandered from this class, but with level 30 support techs, it's actually really good for a CAST who wants to support.
Acrotecher is the ultimate support, but their attack techs are higher than their melee skills.... attack techs are their strong form of concentrated damage, despite how people play them.

THE JACKEL

Sexy_Raine
Dec 11, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:31, Shadow_Wing wrote:

ORLY? Funny though, I consider newms weakest of all the races when it comes to AT :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-11 18:32 ]</font>

Heh, if you really think 4 melee weps they can use only slightly better over us newman is gonna make em better, then that is pathetic. AT melee sucks on most bosses, and isn't safe for certain enemies. Beasts are evens better than you's

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 09:46 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:41, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Heh, if you really think 4 melee weps they can use only slightly better over us newman is gonna make em better, then that is pathetic. AT melee sucks on most bosses, and isn't safe for certain enemies. Beasts are evens better than you's

Who says AT's only have access to melee weapons? Anyways, I like my survivability, my DFP, my actually decent MST (yea go figure).

And idk, my melee damage hitting at least 1200 a hit on multiple units at a speed slightly faster than tech seems to say different *shrugs*

AT don't have much trouble as much as a fF has trouble on a boss, infact, they deal some decent damage, nowhere near say my fG or a fF but hey, support over my damage.

Edit: CASTs sucking as an AT? hardly. Just cause most people seem to believe that since it has techer in the name that Newms are greatly superior to CASTs. I think I've proven that CAST make a mean AT, hell my team wants me as AT over my far more damage fG even though we party with a GT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-11 18:52 ]</font>

Pillan
Dec 11, 2007, 09:56 PM
The day I see an fT spam constant 3000s with Foie and Diga is the day Casts suck at AT. Yes, there is a marginal damage difference between Cast AT's melee and Newman AT's, but it's still more than anything a Newman AT can get with a tech, so who really cares?

Newman has overkill EVP, overkill resta, but really nice MST and the ability to actually keep up with their melee using tech damage. Cast has everything else to their advantage and an SUV on top of that. It's really hard to argue that Casts are a bad choice.

However, Cast WT, on the other hand, really sucks at support. Not as bad as the old GT, but you'll still be healing for less than half of what you can do as AT. You get more melee, but the support is so bad that it hurts me.

Cast GT can heal a good amount, but you deal even less damage than AT. Only do it if you want to be a ranger because the class has all the strengths and flaws of ranger.

Kamiense
Dec 11, 2007, 10:26 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:56, Pillan wrote:
The day I see an fT spam constant 3000s with Foie and Diga is the day Casts suck at AT. Yes, there is a marginal damage difference between Cast AT's melee and Newman AT's, but it's still more than anything a Newman AT can get with a tech, so who really cares?

Newman has overkill EVP, overkill resta, but really nice MST and the ability to actually keep up with their melee using tech damage. Cast has everything else to their advantage and an SUV on top of that. It's really hard to argue that Casts are a bad choice.

However, Cast WT, on the other hand, really sucks at support. Not as bad as the old GT, but you'll still be healing for less than half of what you can do as AT. You get more melee, but the support is so bad that it hurts me.

Cast GT can heal a good amount, but you deal even less damage than AT. Only do it if you want to be a ranger because the class has all the strengths and flaws of ranger.

Resta isn't needed, Giresta heals all damage. So with that, TP doesn't matter.

Pillan
Dec 11, 2007, 10:30 PM
Resta, Giresta. It's the same TP mod every time I've checked (1, 10, 20). I'm just expecting someone who switches from melee classes to a support class not to have 90 frags in storage ready for it.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 11, 2007, 10:32 PM
Yea, unless you had it to begin with or a gunner (ROFL on ult bullet arts <<) I can see melees having little to no frags avail to them.

cloud805
Dec 11, 2007, 11:49 PM
On 2007-12-11 13:48, Shadow_Wing wrote:
All in all, we make awesome Acrotechers.

Yes I'm Acrotecher 15, male cast. Go me in a newm dominated class :3

sorry dude but im gonna have to disagree with the cast acrotecher the only good weapon for cast acrotecher would be the dual guns

cloud805
Dec 11, 2007, 11:53 PM
On 2007-12-11 18:41, Sexy_Raine wrote:

On 2007-12-11 18:31, Shadow_Wing wrote:

HIGH FIVE SEXY RAINE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cloud805 on 2007-12-11 21:13 ]</font>

SolRiver
Dec 12, 2007, 01:23 AM
I say cast is very suitable for AT in "support". They can seriously go into some really sticky situations and come out alive, while they still can spam some crucial SE techs just to get some huge AoE SE to save everyone's behind.

Also, since you get hit hard so often (and can't die from getting hit hard thx to fast resta), you probably can SUV more often (though less damage). When the "wing SUV" come out, that can be some good lookers.

Your resta will defintely sux thou. Giresta can make up for that however.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-12-11 22:26 ]</font>

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 06:54 AM
Because healing 2000+ HP when your average hunter doesn't break 3000 is so weak... Especially when you heal them around half HP.

But, yeah, like I said earlier, Giresta and Resta have the same TP mod at every level. Anyone who doesn't realize that has spent too much time around Newman fTs, which heal to full with either tech just because their TP multiplied by the (Gi)Resta modifier is higher than Beast fF HP. The major difference is Giresta can be maxed at 40 in a day's worth of casual play in a buff party while Resta takes a lot longer. And, of course, there's the additional benifits for the 10-15 extra PP and slower cast time (autorecovery level 3, ressurection).

bloodflowers
Dec 12, 2007, 07:08 AM
Pillan: my Cast AT heals for more than 2k and Resta isn't even 31 yet. That's with a Har / Quick on.

Cast is second best Acrotecher, after Beast. Even a Newman can outdo their techs with good equipment and Just Attack, therefore the attack techs are of very little importance (although they are fun).

What matters on Acrotecher:
1) Support techs - any race can do this just as well as any other. Cast got a pretty good TP boost in the expansion, there are no problems with healing. Buffs, Reverser, debuffs - all these things work just as well for a low TP race as a high one.
2) Melee damage - the more HP,ATP,ATA,DFP you have the better, that's it. Despite humans now being closer to Casts (I hate you Sega) than before, Beast and Cast are still #1 and #2 in terms of damage dealt, and Cast are still #1 for DFP.
3) Ranged damage - don't forget Acrotechers can use a variety of guns. Guns work better when you have high ATP, Beasts and Cast win again here. Some weapons benefit more than others from accuracy, cards for example out damage a non-glitched machine gun, but only if you can hit reliably (play with various units and you'll see this is a borderline case where natural ATA starts to matter).
4) Attack techs - the ones that you'd actually want to use, when they're needed, tend to be along the higher end of the damage scale - Foie, Diga etc. Guess what - they're so strong that any race can get useful numbers from them in situations where they're justifiable at all. The only one I've found to be regularly useful is Megid. Guess what? Megid kills regardless of TP.

Seeing a lot of people say Cast are the worst Acrotechers, when this is clearly wrong. They're second place, closely behind beast. That being said, humans are nearly as good although they lack Nanoblast/SUV, and to be honest the class is so effective that /any race can do it/ assuming the player is competant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bloodflowers on 2007-12-12 04:10 ]</font>

Pillan
Dec 12, 2007, 07:14 AM
On 2007-12-12 04:08, bloodflowers wrote:
Pillan: my Cast AT heals for more than 2k and Resta isn't even 31 yet. That's with a Har / Quick on.

I'm sorry. I should have been more specific. 2000 is around what I heal with Giresta 40 at AT 10 with an ungrinded Pegita and a har/quick lowering my TP. The other 5 levels will obviously add a significant bit, but I've been sidetracked by leveling skills as Fighgunner and leveling bullets as Guntecher while soloing for things I want over the past 2 weeks.

EDIT:

That and studying for finals...

Might as well add a few notes while I'm at it:

First, Cast HP+DFP+EVP only beats human HP+DFP+EVP when your armors are in the 40+% element range. Otherwise, human has a survivability advantage and possibly a damage advantage, depending on how often you get hit.

Second, most people don't realize it yet because we're level 110s class 15s fighting level 105 mobs, but level 20 skills look like bullets, which is the main reason AT's accuracy mod is so high. Casts will have an overall output advantage as AT over both Beasts and humans if/when we start getting enemies 10-30 levels higher than our characters again. Not that most people will notice though. We're talking 1 extra hit every 15 or so, but all a Cast needs is 1 extra hit every 20 to surpass a Beast in damage/time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-12 04:26 ]</font>